Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

I remember that when one pay for the traffic fine, they will need your passport and IC to capture your address.

So in the future, that can MAIL the SUMMON to you.  Even when you no longer own the car.

I never kenna before leh.  Anyone got experienced before.

Need meh?

I ask a Msia fren to help me settle a few summon.  No need passport, IC or license.  Juz need RM.

FYI, got bulk "discount" hor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I remember that when one pay for the traffic fine, they will need your passport and IC to capture your address.

So in the future, that can MAIL the SUMMON to you.  Even when you no longer own the car.

I never kenna before leh.  Anyone got experienced before.

Never bring ur pink ic overseas. :a-noway:

If they want, its always passport n driving license. Thatz all. [scholar]

• Praise 7

Huh? JB also got Euro 5 diesel. Still cheaper than SG.

Why cut off your nose to spite your face?

You know you're spouting nonsense right? Every time you go in, your passport gets scanned. Your particulars are there. Since you haven't even registered, you don't even know what the registration interface looks like, so how do you know what kind of 'sensitive' info you need to put in?

So for the benefit of everyone, I logged in a week back, and you really only need your name, passport number and mobile phone number and car license plate number. Everything else in optional. That is about the same as what they get from your passport anyway. So stop panicking like the sky is going to fall down and do a Chicken Licken...

So by not registering we're going to save Malaysia from corruption??? They're not going to implement the system??? Wow, we're going to save the world??? Wake up bro...

Malaysia euro V about 20% cheaper compared to sg unlike ron 98 with 50% saving
  • Praise 1

Malaysia euro V about 20% cheaper compared to sg unlike ron 98 with 50% saving

Euro V?? I heard that diesel vehicle can go in empty tank, the 3/4 rules doesn't apply, is that true? Its confirm, those bro driving the diesel passenger car huat all the way... think even after the RM20 VEP apply, they can still earn by pumping full tank.

• Praise 12

Euro V?? I heard that diesel vehicle can go in empty tank, the 3/4 rules doesn't apply, is that true? Its confirm, those bro driving the diesel passenger car huat all the way... think even after the RM20 VEP apply, they can still earn by pumping full tank.

motorcycle do not hv 3/4 tank policy. You can pump Ron95 too. There is no toll fee for both customs. Best of both side.
  • Praise 2

Seen some people with big tourers (>20L tank) going in to pump and transfer over to their cars.

But, it's a b*tch riding in slow traffic at the checkpoints.

BTW, still needs to register for bikes even no VEP/road charge in order to enter.

motorcycle do not hv 3/4 tank policy. You can pump Ron95 too. There is no toll fee for both customs. Best of both side.

• Praise 1

Is that so ?  All these years I have been bring along my IC when overseas leh ........ 

• Praise 1

Bro, if you are one of the 70% , then you have no right to protest hor!!!!!!!

my vote is secret but many here knows my inclination....
  • Praise 2

You only need to fill in the fields with a red asterisk. There is no address requirement. Just put Singapore... why put your full address? Obviously they will want your full car details (log card) in order to nab the correct car. They're not that stupid. If they have a system where you can easily find a loophole, then why even implement? The point is to ensure that when you break the law over there, they can nail you. How else to nab you otherwise?

You must also understand that this is a matter of national pride - we are visitors but Singaporean drivers are some of the most brazen violaters of their traffic rules. If you follow the rules, there's nothing to be afraid of what... even if they have some of your personal particulars, it means nothing if you have done nothing wrong. Regarding the cloning issue, it's the same with your credit card, Malaysia is the haven for credit card skimming etc, but I'm sure most people still swipe their cards... I'm sure you do when you go in... unless you lose your car, it's not so easy to just clone your car... why would they even want your number? They simply churn out some random number when they clone cars, so much easier.

I'm not defending their system. I'm trying to put a rational perspective on the sometimes rather ridiculous and hysterical name-calling and histrionics arising from having to register our car details.

Is that so ? All these years I have been bring along my IC when overseas leh ........

Try not to... if you lose your documents... you lose all forms of identification. When you get back to Singapore, it's going to be a long slog to get your identity back.
  • Praise 3

What is what ? You are saying should bring IC along right ?

Yalor ...... although I never lost my travel papers before.  It is said that the Singapore Consulate could take between 24~48 hours to verify your identity lor.  With at least an IC, it should speed up alot.

Anyway, our passport is said to worth between 5K~20K in the black market and there are always interested parties trying to get one. And I always locked my passport at hotel safe and bring IC out lor ...... yea ......

Try not to... if you lose your documents... you lose all forms of identification. When you get back to Singapore, it's going to be a long slog to get your identity back.

(edited)

I tot it shld be better to give IC than passport in oversea?

IC is kinda of useless in oversea but passport can let you leave the country and definitely more information to identify yourself than the IC ,,,

No??

Edited by L23
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

What is what ? You are saying should bring IC along right ?

Yalor ...... although I never lost my travel papers before. It is said that the Singapore Consulate could take between 24~48 hours to verify your identity lor. With at least an IC, it should speed up alot.

Anyway, our passport is said to worth between 5K~20K in the black market and there are always interested parties trying to get one. And I always locked my passport at hotel safe and bring IC out lor ...... yea ......

Think it's better to bring ur passport along unless u think u will nvr use it. d reason, oversea countries only recognise pp n not IC. I rem once when I was in Japan wid some colleagues for some training, a fren of mine was stopped on d road by a police n ask for identification. He could not produce d passport as he kept in d hotel. d police station refused to let him go hotel n take. In d end, I have to go to d police station to bail him. But be careful hor, in many European countries, even Germany, Italy n South Africa, there r many fake polices asking to see our passport. Once they got hold of d passport, troubles start coming. IC is only good, if pp is lost, we can go to d nearest Spore embassy to get a temp one wid proof of our unique IC. But thanks to smart phone, we can always send a copy of our passport to our own mail instead of making a copy. Tats what I do.

Yeah heard no 3/4 rule cos diesel not taxed in sg, so u pump in jb doesnt affect national.... [lipsrsealed]

I tot it shld be better to give IC than passport in oversea?

IC is kinda of useless in oversea but passport can let you leave the country and definitely more information to identify yourself than the IC ,,,

No??

No need to bring IC overseas.

Bring Copies of passport & IC (if it makes u feel better). Keep them in various places, eg. Wallet, handbag, luggage bag.

• Praise 4

the BIG question is . . .  now what ? after 15th July, 31st Dec etc.....

of coz, they will switch on the RC thingy to collect $ first...... they just c**t wait to do that!

they had oso announced that "unregistered car" will be given until end of year to get themselves registered

and then what ? . . .

local news oledi & officially declared that our gahmen will 100% retaliate should any local car(s) being "handled" improperly by their custom!  so, I'm really cracking my head what if I enter w/o registering my car, and I dun bring along my car's log with me . . . .

what can they do?

#1- make drivers park their cars aside and regiister instantly????

no way!  you can imagine how many cars will be there and will definitely choked the whole custom .....

#2- slap all these cars with another $$$ fine ???

this will be an official extortion and our gahmen will have to take actions

#3- refusal for entrance

highly impossible and end up in #1 above

#2 may be of higher chance, after its all about $, right?

but as said, this is official extortions . . . . it is NOT a crime for not registering and they MUST provide revenues for #1 which may highly be impossible too..... so, there's a high chance of "flip flop" policy again!

most importantly, there's still no concreete evidences of awarding that RFID thingy or any installation of RFID readers at all

so, this would be another high chance of "flip flop" policy again!

they'd ask those registered cars who had paid for the RFID to go for refund at designated office, exactly the same for refund on the amount left in expired T&G cards.......

kindly correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. . . .

• Praise 1

Yeah heard no 3/4 rule cos diesel not taxed in sg, so u pump in jb doesnt affect national.... [lipsrsealed]

they dont tax the diesel fuel directly, but diesel cars are subjected to a diesel surcharge.  in the end LPPL lah

• Praise 1

No need to bring IC overseas.

Bring Copies of passport & IC (if it makes u feel better). Keep them in various places, eg. Wallet, handbag, luggage bag.

Yes agree... this is the most important point to note when travelling. Must have passport photocopy. Don't need to bring ic along. Your passport has your ic number on it. With the photocopy, it's much easier to verify your identity.

Also don't bring ic along cos you may lose both your ic and passport at the same time. Like that you have zero identification papers whether overseas or at home. Very very troublesome...

the BIG question is . . . now what ? after 15th July, 31st Dec etc.....

of coz, they will switch on the RC thingy to collect $ first...... they just c**t wait to do that!

they had oso announced that "unregistered car" will be given until end of year to get themselves registered

and then what ? . . .

local news oledi & officially declared that our gahmen will 100% retaliate should any local car(s) being "handled" improperly by their custom! so, I'm really cracking my head what if I enter w/o registering my car, and I dun bring along my car's log with me . . . .

what can they do?

#1- make drivers park their cars aside and regiister instantly????

no way! you can imagine how many cars will be there and will definitely choked the whole custom .....

#2- slap all these cars with another $$$ fine ???

this will be an official extortion and our gahmen will have to take actions

#3- refusal for entrance

highly impossible and end up in #1 above

#2 may be of higher chance, after its all about $, right?

but as said, this is official extortions . . . . it is NOT a crime for not registering and they MUST provide revenues for #1 which may highly be impossible too..... so, there's a high chance of "flip flop" policy again!

most importantly, there's still no concreete evidences of awarding that RFID thingy or any installation of RFID readers at all

so, this would be another high chance of "flip flop" policy again!

they'd ask those registered cars who had paid for the RFID to go for refund at designated office, exactly the same for refund on the amount left in expired T&G cards.......

kindly correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. . . .

Bro, no one really knows... for me I think they will just make you register on the spot. You can access your log card online anywhere as long as you have your SingPass login details. Then can print. You can save out to PDF and keep on your phone or on your email. When really needed, then just send them email or print on the spot lor... that's what I am going to do for now... everyone is just waiting and seeing... my suggestion is to just register and forget it... at least we've done our part.

they dont tax the diesel fuel directly, but diesel cars are subjected to a diesel surcharge. in the end LPPL lah

Oh I didn't know this... is this really the case? Hmmm... must ask the Customs...
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Yes agree... this is the most important point to note when travelling. Must have passport photocopy. Don't need to bring ic along. Your passport has your ic number on it. With the photocopy, it's much easier to verify your identity.

Also don't bring ic along cos you may lose both your ic and passport at the same time. Like that you have zero identification papers whether overseas or at home. Very very troublesome...

Bro, no one really knows... for me I think they will just make you register on the spot. You can access your log card online anywhere as long as you have your SingPass login details. Then can print. You can save out to PDF and keep on your phone or on your email. When really needed, then just send them email or print on the spot lor... that's what I am going to do for now... everyone is just waiting and seeing... my suggestion is to just register and forget it... at least we've done our part.

Oh I didn't know this... is this really the case? Hmmm... must ask the Customs...

bro,

you dun get my point (no offence please) . . . .

from my post, you have chosen #1. but this will be highly impossible and not feasible!

there will be at least 100 cars very hour facing the same situation..... parking, queuing, access to PC terminals, internet access/speed etc.

it wil take not one but hours and many !!!  and all these will choked the custom easily . . . .

not to mention that there will be many kpkp drivers like me or many others . . . . without this & that - chaos will be imminent

the jb custom will not take this shit there!

and should there be any rowdiness, then both sides will take theirs resulting retaliation by the gahmens

- our gahmens have oledi standby on this [sly] by the news announcements recently !!!

as if they ask:

kindly stand facing the wall, take off your pants, leg apart, and no worries, its part of our immigration procedures , , , , 

- is anyone willing to do that?

after-all, its $$$, that's all - if they cannot even manage their own citizens' data, there are so many many cars registered with same license plates in their states, fraudelents insurances, car thiefs etc......  managing this extra data/info on our cars is just impossible and bloody excuse - all these data/info will NOT be subjected to security controls, governances and safekeepings

- see what happens to their local licensing registrations

- see what happens to the white cards

- see what happens to the thumb prints

- see what happens to the MACs

no matter what happens, be it VEP, RC, Toll Charges etc. . . - there will 100s of thousands cars in & out JB

where $ settles, there will be another 100s of thousands of cars again, in & out JB

be it mandotary for car to be registered or not, this is NOT a crime and fines/arrest cannot take place!

so, its very very high directions that it will be another roti prata flip flop policy on this registration/RFIDs requirements !!!

unless evidents ( whatever words came out about penalizing local cars for not registering are NOT official, just blabs from their ass usual) . . . .

I will continue (if needed to go into JB) w/o registrating my cars & details....besides the additional charges . . .  

honestly, I dun see any risk at all passing the custom w/o my car registration, today, tomorrow or next year . . .

cheerios!

Edited by A_korusawa
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3