Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

What security risk departure traveller pose?

mbring all the sgd$ out to msia ... lol

anyway, now leaving spore to msia also no scan luggage or check car right except chop passport ... what’s the point?

so the point is they want to know who leave the country?

Edited by Wt_know

I have a question for all those asking why there is a need to screen departing passengers headed for JB - does Malaysia and Singapore have a shared law enforcement agency/system? What does it means for a nation to be sovereign? 

There are issues larger than making your JB trips for cheap petrol and groceries faster and more convenient.

• Praise 2

What security risk departure traveller pose?

You'd never know when someone like mas salmat just escapes into Malaysia again.

Oh wait...

mbring all the sgd$ out to msia ... lol

anyway, now leaving spore to msia also no scan luggage or check car right except chop passport ... whatâs the point?

so the point is they want to know who leave the country?

Who said no checks?

Don't forget the occasional 3/4 tank check.

I have a question for all those asking why there is a need to screen departing passengers headed for JB - does Malaysia and Singapore have a shared law enforcement agency/system? What does it means for a nation to be sovereign?

There are issues larger than making your JB trips for cheap petrol and groceries faster and more convenient.

Good question about the sovereign state. I'm afraid I don't know the answer but I know it has nothing to do about screening departing passengers.

Otherwise countries like France and Switzerland aren't sovereign states.

You'd never know when someone like mas salmat just escapes into Malaysia again.

Oh wait...

Who said no checks?

Don't forget the occasional 3/4 tank check.

yes, jokong aside we need border security and control

else robber and murderer can commit crime simply cabut to msia

however, we do have robber and murderer cabut to msia ... [mad]

so when ahjib kor made this suggestion he really no care how many robbers and murderers escape msia and cabut to spore [hur]

Edited by Wt_know

Currently, what is the screening for departing passengers to Malaysia?

Currently, what is the screening for departing passengers to Malaysia?

Scan your passport only... records that you leave the country... no vehicular checks... vehicular checks only on entry to Singapore... security risk in the sense that I suppose Singapore needs to monitor entry and exit of high risk individuals...

Scan your passport only... records that you leave the country... no vehicular checks... vehicular checks only on entry to Singapore... security risk in the sense that I suppose Singapore needs to monitor entry and exit of high risk individuals...

For high risk individuals, wouldn't it be flagged when passport is scanned?

For high risk individuals, wouldn't it be flagged when passport is scanned?

I would think so... but if only Malaysia scans but not Singapore on exit then difficult to monitor these people I guess...

I would think so... but if only Malaysia scans but not Singapore on exit then difficult to monitor these people I guess...

Unlikely to have a single scan only.  It will pose problem for travellers.  Think about it.

Good question about the sovereign state. I'm afraid I don't know the answer but I know it has nothing to do about screening departing passengers.

Otherwise countries like France and Switzerland aren't sovereign states.

Curious so you mean France and Switzerland do not screen departing passengers?

I not rich so have only been to a handful of European countries, but the few I went to have blxxdy strict security checks, often having to queue for long time and needing to remove shoes, and occasionally ganna pull aside for extra check due to racial profiling I think.

Or you mean travelling between European countries where supposed to be borderless due to some agreement as a pact? And now taken advantage of by ISIS to recruit people and moving assets around?

To me, every country should track the movement of people in and out of its border as a sovereign country. I do not want to speculate, but what if corruption among highest level or lowest level allow smuggling or human trafficking or money laundering to be done at neighboring country customs when we just assume that these check would be done diligently by our good neighbor?

eurozone do not screen people leaving/coming into the countries

the whole idea of eurozone is to promote people movement between eurozone countries until now the refugees crisis

refugees just need to enter greece and then can cheong all euro countries liao

self drive in eurozone cross border no checkpoint

Edited by Wt_know

US don't process people leaving the country too. Security check at the airports yes, but not immigration.

Pardon what you mean by no immigration check? You mean go US no need passport? Sorry my last trip to US was few years back already.

Nowadays certain countries no chopping passport as all scanning electronically. But that does not mean no scanning of passport to maintain database of entry/exit. 

And how the country maintain a database of people overstaying in the country?

Edited by Heartlander

eurozone do not screen people leaving/coming into the countries

the whole idea of eurozone is to promote people movement between eurozone countries until now the refugees crisis

refugees just need to enter greece and then can cheong all euro countries liao

self drive in eurozone cross border no checkpoint

I only transited through Frankfurt few times, and always loathe the security checks there. Maybe travelling between European countries is considered domestic flights and lesser security check? But for internationally flights back to Singapore, got tight security check tight?

The below situation looks scary, just recently:

"Avoid Frankfurt airport like the plaque"

D Morgan (United Kingdom)

23rd January 2018
Not Verified | Arrived from Canada on an Air Canada flight and had to transfer to another Lufthansa flight in another terminal. Both my wife and I had to go through security and move to the other terminal, Firstly the queues for security were really bad and eventually I found out that there were too little security staff for the quantity of checks they were doing (well above and behond what a security has to be). Checks were made thoroughly on everything, laptops, cameras, Ipads, batteries, mobile phones, charging leads etc.., they asked to switch everyone on and they then checked the functionality. Then they had to be put back into bags and they all went through the x-ray machine, At this point I was asked to go through scanner, which in my case went off. A security guard then frisked me and found I had left my wallet in my pocket and was asked to remove it, plus my handkerchief. He check them both visually and then started shouting why I hadn't sent them through the conveyor. He then put them thorugh the conveyor, by now he asked me to remove my shoes and socks and put them seperately through the conveyor. He was very condescending, arrogant, loud speaking, who be-llittled me. By this time my blood pressure was rising rapidly. Then I said I have been through security in Canada, then his voice went up again and said 'this is Germany and we do things properly and thoroughly'. Eventually it took us over an hour to get through, then when we arrived at our terminal gate, we were asked if we would like 250 euros each for our seats as they have over booked. Basically I have travelled extensively through the world and this was by far my worst experience. Avoid Frankfurt airport like the plaque.
↡ Advertisement