Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

3rd Gear

The mentality of taxing or collecting more money from people only became prevalent during najib’s time, because they stole money from the state.

If road charge was not needed 25years ago during Mahathir’s time, why would it become absolutely necessary today? Malaysia has more income sources than just taxing the people because of the availability of resources and reserves, which has been mismanaged for the past 15years or so.

Not to mention Johoreans handed them a sounding victory especially in the southern region of Johor, many people works in Singapore lives in these region.

Last but not least, a lot of Malaysians answered his calling this time and went home to give PH their votes in constituencies all over Malaysia.

Therefore, I doubt Mahathir will do anything about this road charge thingy in short to mid-term. He is not that calculative. He is only calculative towards people who stole people’s money

↡ Advertisement

3rd Gear

This topic is so long until the title name can change to Mahathir announce VEP for Spore cars.

Fake news?

This topic is so long until the title name can change to Mahathir announce VEP for Spore cars.

No lah. Should be Mahathir announce cancellation of VEP for Spore Cars
  • Praise 1

Shhh....don't know yet.

Who knows he wants to continue?

Then take a screwdriver to screw ourselves.

Twincharged
(edited)

Wait long long ah? Why should he. Singaporeans will still come into jb regardless. It’s a perpetual goldmine. His interests are Malaysians why care about foreigners paying and who are so willing still to pay.

I would even up it more. $50. Anyway it’s only $18

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Donât know why people so kancheong to give all their personal and vehicle particulars to Malaysia.

Lucky I havenât done anything, go in as usual.

Me too. I heed the MCF advise - dun register.
  • Praise 3

The mentality of taxing or collecting more money from people only became prevalent during najib’s time, because they stole money from the state.

If road charge was not needed 25years ago during Mahathir’s time, why would it become absolutely necessary today? Malaysia has more income sources than just taxing the people because of the availability of resources and reserves, which has been mismanaged for the past 15years or so.

If Dr. M is correct and the government now has loans from financial institutions of ~RM1t then be guaranteed this will stay one way or another. More so if he tries to keep his promise of removing/changing GST.

No wonder Najib tried to skip the country on Saturday morning!

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-cabinet-will-discuss-vehicle-entry-permit-charges-for-cars-from-singapore?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1527152480

KUALA LUMPUR - The Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) system, which affects cars entering Malaysia from Singapore, will be discussed by the Cabinet, said the country's Transport Minister Anthony Loke.

"I have been briefed but it needs to be discussed in Cabinet as we want a comprehensive solution," he said at a press conference on Thursday (May 24).

In October last year, the government had announced that all foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia would soon require a VEP costing RM25 (S$8.40), in addition to paying existing road charges. The permit is valid for five years.

The VEP is aimed at preventing foreign vehicles from being cloned and sold in the country. It will also enable the government to prevent vehicles with outstanding traffic summonses from leaving the country.

The VEP scheme, which was originally set to start in January, has been delayed as more time is needed to fine-tune the system.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I m sure it will not be implemented.

DAP Johor keep on complaining why making life of Malaysian working in Singapore harder.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

what happen the new MOT went to the server room then find out the whole VEP runs on a Intel server and not even connected?

It will be implemented for sure ..... :yuush:

If not how to recover RM 1 Trillion in debts ... :a-m1524:

what happen the new MOT went to the server room then find out the whole VEP runs on a Intel server and not even connected?

Technicians run away with the patch panels which attach to the main server frame...   :want: 

So unable to connection lor....  :we-all-gonna-die: 

Must thanks the technicians for saving Singaporean drivers money .....  [drivingcar] 

3rd Gear

I m sure it will not be implemented.

DAP Johor keep on complaining why making life of Malaysian working in Singapore harder.

Yes, I am totally agreed with you. Remember on the election day, they (PH) encouraged all Malaysian working and stay in Singapore go back to vote, and after the voting, don't tell me, they again discourage them to go back! Also many of them driving "S" plate.

• Praise 1

Am I right to say that the coast is still clear for entry into M'sia without VEP?

Thanks

yes...

I just went in and so far nothing asked abt it

• Praise 1