• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8286 replies to this topic | 24,905 praises

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I love going into JB..love the fact that I don't have to pay S$0.40 per litre tax on petrol, love the fact that I dontbhave to pay $9 taxbper packet of cigarette.. these are not something I can save much.. I just feel damn shiok that I don't need pay more tax..that feeling is priceless..

but haven't had the energy to keep up ever since have 2 kids...

totally agree..............the shiokness is priceless.............(but i run dry of points for the day, praise you tomorrow).......... [laugh] [laugh]

1 Anonymous member praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

iskandar properties already not selling
lets make ghost town a reality

fire sale on the horizon.......u waiting har? No other government will shoot themselves in the foot except for the politicians up north........and then brag about how smart they are.......hahaha!

Edited by Eviilusion, 16 July 2014 - 11:03 PM.

3 Anonymous members praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

Cllee
  • Cllee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Malaysia falls for Singapore art of war strategy.

Singapore one stone kill 4 birds.

increase vep to $35....

1) less Malaysian cars come in less congestion.

2) not less enough to decrease revenue but increase instead.

3) less Singapore cars go into Malaysia thus less money spend in JB and more spend in Singapore.

4) don't need for 3rd bridge.

Agree with you. Also dun forget both governments are the winners cos they just collect money from us, ppl like you and me are the losers cos we got to pay the bills. [furious]

4 Anonymous members praised this
“More gold had been mined from the mind of men than the earth it self” ― Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Pms
  • Premium member
    Pms
    4th Gear
    Author Image

$50 ringgit vep plus 40litres(going in with reserve) of jb petrol cost about the same as petrol here. Yeah $50 is just about right to turn off alot of people especially those who cant afford petrol here.
5 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Then why take the hassle to go JB just to pump petrol? Better grade and makes the car more powerful?

Definitely it must have made economic sense for these group to people to go and pump petrol shop for groceries

Yes, I have driven in quite ocassionally to different parts of Malaysia but never been check at custom before.

I have heard of some going in to pump petrol few times a week on empty tank....so far no issue.

Isn't that some form of proof that the rule is not being enforce properly?

Of course I do not want my friend to be fine for flouting the rule. But if they want to implement any rule, they better enforce it or else rescind it.

Nope, nothing green eye for me, they go pump petrol for saving by flouting rules it's a risk they embark upon. It's like a gamble.

Likewise, do you get green eye when someone win it big on the world cup, you'll definitely feel happy for them right?

there is this thing call "song"............ppl don't just go in to pump petrol because of the savings............the perceived value of getting ron97 at ron92 price not better grade???............pump higher ron better dont make you feel your car more powerful???...........(take note i said feel....not will)

only idiots will do something of no economics sense...........making economics sense does not equal to marginal owners  who may need to scrape their cars because the cost of filling up now cost more..................it just means lesser or no savings.............

now did i see you wrote "you have heard"..........is hearing a form of proof???.............i also heard that they check every single car.....is this proof that they are doing a great job in enforcing????..............

why sld I feel happy for those who win big in world cup...........they win their business............I definitely will not feel happy for them...........but that's their foresight and luck............no need green eye...........is gamble also after all.......... same as ppl who drive in less than 3/4 tanks...........

Raymondism, BabyBlade and 1 Anonymous member praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Civic2000
  • Premium member
    Civic2000
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I believe they will copy S’pore version to fix he VEP @ RM 90 per day, which is equivalent to S$35 of VEP collected by LTA here.  At the most they might round up to RM 100.

LTA does not charge VEP fee between 5.00 pm and 2.00 am on Monday to Friday, and whole of Saturday, Sunday & S’pore Public Holidays

They may also allowed S’pore vehicles to enter free of charge during certain hours of the days.  However, since Johor has already switched their non-working days to Friday and Saturday, they may also allowed SG cars to enter FOC on these 2 days.

Edited by Civic2000, 16 July 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Nightkids, Jman888 and 4 Anonymous members praised this
When I shut my mouth and turn and walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won. It simply means that you are not worth any more of my time.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I believe they will copy Spore version to fix he VEP @ RM 90 per day, which is equivalent to S$35 of VEP collected by LTA here.  At the most they might round up to RM 100.

LTA does not charge VEP fee between 5.00 pm and 2.00 am on Monday to Friday, and whole of Saturday, Sunday & Spore Public Holidays

They may also allowed Spore vehicles to enter free of charge during certain hours of the days.  However, since Johor has already switched their non-working to Friday and Saturday, they may also allowed SG cars to enter FOC on these 2 days.

aiyoh...like that the jam will be worse! Everybody going in at the small time window!
2 Anonymous members praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

there is this thing call "song"............ppl don't just go in to pump petrol because of the savings............the perceived value of getting ron97 at ron92 price not better grade???............pump higher ron better dont make you feel your car more powerful???...........(take note i said feel....not will)

only idiots will do something of no economics sense...........making economics sense does not equal to marginal owners  who may need to scrape their cars because the cost of filling up now cost more..................it just means lesser or no savings.............

now did i see you wrote "you have heard"..........is hearing a form of proof???.............i also heard that they check every single car.....is this proof that they are doing a great job in enforcing????..............

why sld I feel happy for those who win big in world cup...........they win their business............I definitely will not feel happy for them...........but that's their foresight and luck............no need green eye...........is gamble also after all.......... same as ppl who drive in less than 3/4 tanks...........

Is Ron 97 higher than Vpower?

So if it's doesn't make economic sense to vist JB for all the 'discount's being offset out,

wouldn't that be squeezing out this group of people,

Only leaving those who are willing to pay to enjoy the trip into Malaysia with less traffic at the customs.

They check every single car for prolong period or selective period? Selective enforcement?

Like you just said no need to have the green eye effect, so why did you mentioned green eye factor in your 1st reply.

Since it was defintely not because of green eye effect from me too.

You meant you never heard of the marginal owner that really need to go in just to pump petrol and buy grocerys, watch movie just to make they dollar worth 2,5 times more?

So if the VEP become the amount of discount, would this group consider going to buy again?

Yes definitely, but if enforcement is carried out more stringently, then would they will risk going?

If they need to increase their spend on consummerables, wouldn't that drive up their household spending. If they cannot need their basic needs, wouldn't they need to offlload other non-priority spend like owning a car?

Would then we'll see this group have forgo the car ownership?

Of course we will still see people who will be willing to pay more just for 'song', but would that free up the traffic and lessen commute time, thus make the trip more 'song'?

Unless you belong to this marginal group, I don't really see why your reply seems so defensive to this group.

I believe they will copy S’pore version to fix he VEP @ RM 90 per day, which is equivalent to S$35 of VEP collected by LTA here.  At the most they might round up to RM 100.

LTA does not charge VEP fee between 5.00 pm and 2.00 am on Monday to Friday, and whole of Saturday, Sunday & S’pore Public Holidays

They may also allowed S’pore vehicles to enter free of charge during certain hours of the days.  However, since Johor has already switched their non-working days to Friday and Saturday, they may also allowed SG cars to enter FOC on these 2 days.

Then the traffic is going to be worse during these periods.

Wpohwah and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

my neighbour 2 car go in every wk empty

warning light on and beeping already 

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

so garang?

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

so garang?

no scare die leh

audi a4 2.0mu and wish 1.8

prev car grandis also empty tank

they been empty tank for 8? 10? years?

lol

Edited by Furrynadz, 17 July 2014 - 12:21 AM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is Ron 97 higher than Vpower?

So if it's doesn't make economic sense to vist JB for all the 'discount's being offset out,

wouldn't that be squeezing out this group of people,

Only leaving those who are willing to pay to enjoy the trip into Malaysia with less traffic at the customs.

They check every single car for prolong period or selective period? Selective enforcement?

Like you just said no need to have the green eye effect, so why did you mentioned green eye factor in your 1st reply.

Since it was defintely not because of green eye effect from me too.

You meant you never heard of the marginal owner that really need to go in just to pump petrol and buy grocerys, watch movie just to make they dollar worth 2,5 times more?

So if the VEP become the amount of discount, would this group consider going to buy again?

Yes definitely, but if enforcement is carried out more stringently, then would they will risk going?

If they need to increase their spend on consummerables, wouldn't that drive up their household spending. If they cannot need their basic needs, wouldn't they need to offlload other non-priority spend like owning a car?

Would then we'll see this group have forgo the car ownership?

Of course we will still see people who will be willing to pay more just for 'song', but would that free up the traffic and lessen commute time, thus make the trip more 'song'?

Unless you belong to this marginal group, I don't really see why your reply seems so defensive to this group.

is Vpower in SG the same price as Vpower in MY???..........did I mention that ron 97 is more powerful than Vpower???.......

look at your post below...........squeezing the so call group out means more cars to be scrapped???...........no JB petrol need to scrap car??..............cannot sell car???.............cannot change to smaller car???.............cannot change to OPC???..............must scrap???

Will we see more cars get scrapped? Particularly those marginal owners that need to visit JB for petrol?

Imagine the increase if substantially enough will offset whatever savings they get from grocery shopping and cheaper petrol, then when spending is re-directed in Singapore, it's going to hurt the pocket of this group.

so what is your definition of enforcement???...........check every single car and create a 2 hour jam at the custom all the way to BKE???..........

green eye effect is so common with ppl who wants to go but cannot go..........so always run down ppl who go...........to me your post suggest such to me.................if it is not so be it..............I apologize............

I have not only heard...............I have seen ppl who goes in to pump petrol...wash car.....buy groceries..........watch movies..........massage..........service car........play golf......( myself included)...............because we feel stupid to pay 2.5 times more in SG getting something we can get so much cheaper over there..........

but I have not come across anyone ..............so call marginal owners who have to do these because they need to...........in fact we spend more when we go across to enjoy ourselves................

do you seriously think that the savings is good enough to offset the ownership of a car in SG???............ppl go in to spend because they have a car................not buy a car so that they can go in to spend.............

even if VEP is rm100............it is still cheaper than spending in SG...............mayb more ex by rm100................but still cheaper than spending in SG.............

I dont feel "song" when I pay more .....i feel stupid...............i only feel "song" when I pay lesser for the same item.............

I have being pumping JB petrol for more than 10 years...............only stopped about 1 year ago because of the crazy jam...........more than 1 year i have not gone into JB for petrol and my usual shopping..............and I have not need to scrap my car yet.............it doesnt bother me if you feel or think that I belong to the marginal group or not..........you don't owe me a living just as I don't owe you a living..............if you sld think i belong there................so be it..........

Azhiwen, Darryn, Slyison, Smoothscott, Zakkwylde and 2 Anonymous members praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

your neighbour or you???............. [laugh] [laugh]

Kangadrool praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

Azhiwen
  • Premium member
    Azhiwen
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Agree with Tianmo here. Can't think of anyone who requires pumping JB petrol just to be able save enough to drive a car. The cost of maintenance itself is already more than the cost of savings from petrol (A couple of bros did some savings calculations in another thread). The savings came up to less than $100 a month even for a car that goes in on an empty tank. 

If such a person really does exist, then I think he has some serious budgeting issues and this VEP would in fact save his ass as he will have to sell of his car and save some money for him in the long run?

Tianmo and 4 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my old neigbour got 3 big class 2 bikes. He rides in with near empty tank, fill up and siphon to his camel. Different people different strokes.

no scare die leh

audi a4 2.0mu and wish 1.8

prev car grandis also empty tank

they been empty tank for 8? 10? years?

lol

Edited by Kangadrool, 17 July 2014 - 12:46 AM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Agree with Tianmo here. Can't think of anyone who requires pumping JB petrol just to be able save enough to drive a car. The cost of maintenance itself is already more than the cost of savings from petrol (A couple of bros did some savings calculations in another thread). The savings came up to less than $100 a month even for a car that goes in on an empty tank. 

If such a person really does exist, then I think he has some serious budgeting issues and this VEP would in fact save his ass as he will have to sell of his car and save some money for him in the long run?

all the money i save also not enough to pay road tax and insurance.................and is not like i do the same thing every month..............is unbelievable that there is a group whom may have to become car-less because of no JB petrol............or mayb I am frog in the well........... [laugh] [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my old neigbour got 3 big class 2 bikes. He rides in with near empty tank, fill up and siphon to his camel. Different people different strokes.

and these are the rich ppl................or at least well to do ones................. [laugh] [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Then why take the hassle to go JB just to pump petrol? Better grade and makes the car more powerful?

Definitely it must have made economic sense for these group to people to go and pump petrol shop for groceries

Yes, I have driven in quite ocassionally to different parts of Malaysia but never been check at custom before.

I have heard of some going in to pump petrol few times a week on empty tank....so far no issue.

Isn't that some form of proof that the rule is not being enforce properly?

Of course I do not want my friend to be fine for flouting the rule. But if they want to implement any rule, they better enforce it or else rescind it.

Nope, nothing green eye for me, they go pump petrol for saving by flouting rules it's a risk they embark upon. It's like a gamble.

Likewise, do you get green eye when someone win it big on the world cup, you'll definitely feel happy for them right?

The saving may not be big in pumping MY petrol, but since i am in that country, might as well pump it, else 'wasted'. :D

Baal, Nightkids and Atonchia praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

Achee
  • Premium member
    Achee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Boleh Land, please show us your guts to charge VEP at RM 100 per entry and this time please don't say say only hor :D  

4 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Faint lor....weekend sg supermarket already so crowded until I want to shoot someone and come back with black face - can't imagine how bad it will be if JB supermarket shopping is cut off. 

One factor for me shopping in JB is the lack of crowds - can actually move around without wanting to humtum someone

Tianmo, 2BDriver, Zakkwylde and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, najib, spore, cars and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users