• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8288 replies to this topic | 24,905 praises

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

Zyklon
  • Premium member
    Zyklon
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Go malaysia is jin song de.

Drive here drive there, explore here explore there. Buy chinese biscuit, buy durian, buy more chinese biscuit, buy more durian. Then wack KFC on ayer keroh. Then go karak highway wack all the way and down. Then wack dunkin donut at petronas on karak. Then wack car more. Drive car is jin song. Then happy happy good mood go genting donate some money.

They make so much money from daft sinkies like me and still want complain. Maybe the money I spend there in one weekend is already more than what their average family spend in a month.

Somemore I never pump their cheap petrol unless required because their ron is low. I only say their ron is low, I never say their petrol is low class. 

Nvm, next time I just buy air ticket go somewhere else for some weekend getaway.

Edited by Zyklon, 17 July 2014 - 08:03 AM.

Mustank, Toothiewabbit, Smoothscott, F355, Nightkids, Berncsp76, Zakkwylde, 2 other members and 4 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

your money goes to chinese merchant, durian seller, KFC, and most importantly uncle Lim

many spend $$$ in msia ... from jb all the way to penang

the problem is $$$ did not go to the intended pocket that is waiting and waiting

this VEP ... is like direct ATM machine ...

ching$ ching$ huat ah!

Go malaysia is jin song de.

Drive here drive there, explore here explore there. Buy chinese biscuit, buy durian, buy more chinese biscuit, buy more durian. Then wack KFC on ayer keroh. Then go karak highway wack all the way and down. Then wack dunkin donut at petronas on karak. Then wack car more. Drive car is jin song. Then happy happy good mood go genting donate some money.

They make so much money from daft sinkies like me and still want complain. Maybe the money I spend there in one weekend is already more than what their average family spend in a month.

Somemore I never pump their cheap petrol unless required because their ron is low. I only say their ron is low, I never say their petrol is low class. 

Nvm, next time I just buy air ticket go somewhere else for some weekend getaway.

Edited by Wt_know, 17 July 2014 - 08:09 AM.

Tigerwoods, Super7, Mustank, Berncsp76 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Jajoba123
  • Jajoba123
    4th Gear
    Author Image

can't say for sure but my gut feeling is tat the JB food n retail businesses will drop by say at least 10%.

with (assumed is RM90) imposed on s-plate, just do the sum, watever savings from buying stuff, petrol is wiped out.

also i think average ppl dun calculate that much, ppl spent just base on gut feeling, is a feeling of having the power able to spent without checking your wallet. now tis fee is like a mental thing, adding a fee is like adding a mental block, or a hurdle to spend.

Mustank, Darryn, Tianmo, Berncsp76 and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Faint lor....weekend sg supermarket already so crowded until I want to shoot someone and come back with black face - can't imagine how bad it will be if JB supermarket shopping is cut off. 

One factor for me shopping in JB is the lack of crowds - can actually move around without wanting to humtum someone

I feel tense & agitated when its crowded in general. Think Sg is the most densely pop country in the world?

2 Anonymous members praised this
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

SGCMsmallcar
  • SGCMsmallcar
    5th Gear
    Author Image

can't say for sure but my gut feeling is tat the JB food n retail businesses will drop by say at least 10%.

with (assumed is RM90) imposed on s-plate, just do the sum, watever savings from buying stuff, petrol is wiped out.

also i think average ppl dun calculate that much, ppl spent just base on gut feeling, is a feeling of having the power able to spent without checking your wallet. now tis fee is like a mental thing, adding a fee is like adding a mental block, or a hurdle to spend.

They talk for the longest time yet dun have the balls to do it. I pray they do it then they will see their tourism dollar drop from Singapore side. JB town will be back to stone age.

Kangadrool and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

Moadia
  • Premium member
    Moadia
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Well done SG.. u have actually give me another reason not to support u..
Spyder79 and 3 Anonymous members praised this
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yah, we waste too much time queuing, waiting........

I feel tense & agitated when its crowded in general. Think Sg is the most densely pop country in the world?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Monxtre
  • Monxtre
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Nah, not Spore. Most densely populated place in the world right now is Gaza (Palestine).

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my neighbour 2 car go in every wk empty

warning light on and beeping already 

Maybe your neighbour gets away 100 times but if he get caught for one time enough liao. I have a friend also always go in half tank and below and recently got caught, and he scare until like shit that he has to lay low for some time. Lol.

When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

Monxtre
  • Monxtre
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

So far the noises from across the Causeway is they going to charge VEP RM50 while its Sport Minister, Khairy propose that Msia charge the same amount as Spore $35 or around RM90....

Good.. I hope it will be at least RM50.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

Jajoba123
  • Jajoba123
    4th Gear
    Author Image

They talk for the longest time yet dun have the balls to do it. I pray they do it then they will see their tourism dollar drop from Singapore side. JB town will be back to stone age.

i too hope they talk real for this time, for me i jus hv to adjust my lifestyle, day to day routine

bcos i travel to n fro alot.

i think is good to see tis group of ppl spend in Spore, it will boost the domestic retail, petrol, makan, tourism.

am ready to buy Sheng Siong stock within say next 3-5 months. will go to their stores to observe crowd.

biggest gain will be grocery business.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i hope they will charge high enough to make the causeway a breeze to go through

i would be encouraged to visit malaysia more often if that happens

:D

Turboflat4, Tianmo, Toothiewabbit, Jman888 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i hope they will charge high enough to make the causeway a breeze to go through

i would be encouraged to visit malaysia more often if that happens

:D

In fact, I hope they make it a variable VEP (like our ERP system) so that ungodly hours like early AM (when it's still dark out) are charged minimally (max RM20) or not at all, while morning peak hours are charged maximally (at least RM50, even RM100). That way, people have a choice whether to wake up at 4am to squeeze with the rest of the crowd who don't want to pay too much VEP or get up at a relaxed 7:30 to breeze through the causeway with the few cars willing to pay a higher VEP.

Edited by Turboflat4, 17 July 2014 - 09:17 AM.

Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I like Anaal.........Nathrakh.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In fact, I hope they make it a variable VEP (like our ERP system) so that ungodly hours like early AM (when it's still dark out) are charged minimally (max RM20) or not at all, while morning peak hours are charged maximally (at least RM50, even RM100). That way, people have a choice whether to wake up at 4am to squeeze with the rest of the crowd who don't want to pay too much VEP or get up at a relaxed 7:30 to breeze through the causeway with the few cars willing to pay a higher VEP.

With our neighbours, there is no hope.

I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U think it's bad policy for mys to increase VEP?

They may turn down the marginal owners but they can attract those with spending power but avoid mys due to jams.

If marginal owners have to find ways to reduce cost and we all know by driving slow, they will be able to save a few bucks for petrol.

And when they drive slow, LTA will have reasons to increase ERP because ERP based on average speed.

All these are vicious cycles and hope when 2015~2017, these mariginal owners will be weed out.

I hope by then I am not one of those.

Be careful what one wish for.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Maybe your neighbour gets away 100 times but if he get caught for one time enough liao. I have a friend also always go in half tank and below and recently got caught, and he scare until like shit that he has to lay low for some time. Lol.

is a she not he

property agent from era

seem like their whole gang all do the same 

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

First time - can sometimes get away with $100

Second time $500

Third time - $????

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Doesn't affect me at all. 

No time to go JB. While i did enjoy driving in malaysia, however, not many places nearby to drive to without an overly long trip (at least as a family resort)/

I don't find most groceries in Malaysia cheap anyway. Probably because I'm used to semi-branded stuff like pringles, mamy poko, persil, UIC etc. When i go supermarkets in malaysia, i buy less things than i do in SG lol. 

Mustank and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Beregond
  • Premium member
    Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

actually this is good news to me, i doing retail business in singapore, my customer alway say jb near near , how cheap how cheap.

now the more tax they collect, the better for sg business. :)

Mustank and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i too hope they talk real for this time, for me i jus hv to adjust my lifestyle, day to day routine

bcos i travel to n fro alot.

i think is good to see tis group of ppl spend in Spore, it will boost the domestic retail, petrol, makan, tourism.

am ready to buy Sheng Siong stock within say next 3-5 months. will go to their stores to observe crowd.

biggest gain will be grocery business.

I seriously cannot imagine if the crowd increases by even 10% at sg supermarkets - for me, I like to shop at the big giant at Tampines - hate NTUC / cold storage - just not my style. 

The tampines giant, already crowd like fark - even a 5% increase there (mostly drivers because location) and will be crap

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, najib, spore, cars and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users