Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

I think is for their own good, maybe they should set a fee that can see 30% drop in traffic toward JB.

Set a fire you mean?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

can't say for sure but my gut feeling is tat the JB food n retail businesses will drop by say at least 10%.

with (assumed is RM90) imposed on s-plate, just do the sum, watever savings from buying stuff, petrol is wiped out.

also i think average ppl dun calculate that much, ppl spent just base on gut feeling, is a feeling of having the power able to spent without checking your wallet. now tis fee is like a mental thing, adding a fee is like adding a mental block, or a hurdle to spend.

I also think food and retail will be hurt...........mayb more than 10%.................just look at all the famous eating outlet and hypermarkets on weekends.................I think more than half are Singaporeans..........

actually the concept of saving money gone down the drain the moment we drive in.............we always ended up spending more whenever we go jb to enjoy ourselves.............most of the time buy without thinking.................and yes is the mental thingy..........lol [laugh]

but i don't think they will do it.................they would have started the collection for EDL long ago if they wanted to................but till now no news..............and now a counter action because SG increase price.............

• Praise 3

Faint lor....weekend sg supermarket already so crowded until I want to shoot someone and come back with black face - can't imagine how bad it will be if JB supermarket shopping is cut off.

One factor for me shopping in JB is the lack of crowds - can actually move around without wanting to humtum someone

Didn't know you are one [laugh] of our JB Siao [:)]

They talk for the longest time yet dun have the balls to do it. I pray they do it then they will see their tourism dollar drop from Singapore side. JB town will be back to stone age.

I seriously hope they do it also.............

In fact, I hope they make it a variable VEP (like our ERP system) so that ungodly hours like early AM (when it's still dark out) are charged minimally (max RM20) or not at all, while morning peak hours are charged maximally (at least RM50, even RM100). That way, people have a choice whether to wake up at 4am to squeeze with the rest of the crowd who don't want to pay too much VEP or get up at a relaxed 7:30 to breeze through the causeway with the few cars willing to pay a higher VEP.

and we see the causeway bright like f**k even at 3am............ [laugh] [laugh]

and we see the causeway bright like f**k even at 3am............ [laugh] [laugh]

RM20

Still want go JB or not...

(Report from the Star)

Deputy Transport Minister Da­­tuk Aziz Kaprawi, who was also present, said the state government proposed a fee of RM20 for Singa­pore-registered vehicles entering the state via the Causeway and the Second Link.

Aziz also said the VEP would only be implemented on the country’s southern border and would only in­­volve Singapore-registered vehicles.

The issue of imposing a levy for foreign-registered vehicles entering Johor has been raised various times in the past but the idea was scrapped following views it could deter Sin­­­gaporeans from visiting Malaysia.

However, the state government has been pressing for the VEP to be implemented especially after Singapore recently announced that it would raise its VEP fee for fo­reign-registered cars from S$20 (RM52) to S$35 (RM90), beginning August.

• Praise 4

If need to pay rm50-100 and no jam, i will gladly pay.

BUT, this crap will be like ERP la, pay n still JAM lor. KNN.

Most of the Jam contributed by those who just go for car wash and petrol and ciggies . Its time they weed out all these .

shops that open just to chop sgporeans will be affected. e.g. car wash,FnB, massage (wink wink). Otherwise, not much dif la.

• Praise 3

My main concern is when I need to cross over, still got jam or not? As long as no jam, they can do whatever it pleases their mothers.

this statement about sums up everything................. [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

all stop going in, and see who die...

This phrase i like...always wanted to tell this to our gomen...Every one stop buying car and see who die.....Can COE falls drastically..

Edited by Yrvsport
  • Praise 4

i hope they will charge high enough to make the causeway a breeze to go through

i would be encouraged to visit malaysia more often if that happens

:D

Like this Malaysia better ensure the VEP is 200 RM. Then it will a breeze to go there.

• Praise 3

RM20

Still want go JB or not...

(Report from the Star)

Deputy Transport Minister Da­­tuk Aziz Kaprawi, who was also present, said the state government proposed a fee of RM20 for Singa­pore-registered vehicles entering the state via the Causeway and the Second Link.

Aziz also said the VEP would only be implemented on the country’s southern border and would only in­­volve Singapore-registered vehicles.

The issue of imposing a levy for foreign-registered vehicles entering Johor has been raised various times in the past but the idea was scrapped following views it could deter Sin­­­gaporeans from visiting Malaysia.

However, the state government has been pressing for the VEP to be implemented especially after Singapore recently announced that it would raise its VEP fee for fo­reign-registered cars from S$20 (RM52) to S$35 (RM90), beginning August.

RM20 no impact lah..............is pay and stil jam.............

• Praise 1

they learnt from ours lah......want to eat cannot eat at one go...must pinch a bit a bit...no rasa wan! Mciam boiling a frog....boil slow....frog boils before it discovered it is already a soup......hahaha!
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Like this Malaysia better ensure the VEP is 200 RM. Then it will a breeze to go there.

Support [thumbsup] The more the merrier, money no issue as long as i dont need to wait like crazy just to cross over or get back for a short vacation [grin]

Edited by Dfx16
  • Praise 4

RM20 = nothing change ... traffic will not drop not even 0.1% ... jam like shit

RM50 = still jam ... but should improve a little

RM100 = swee swee 10mins can clear custom [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1