Japan: Tokyo - Tips and Recommendations?

BabyBlade

Anyone have any reviews on the Shinjuku Washington hotel? Planning a trip in end Jan.

Traveling to Tokyo in 3 weeks time. Will be staying in s small hotel opposition Washington hotel.

I know Washington hotel had Airport Limousine bus stop in it.  

• Praise 1

Traveling to Tokyo in 3 weeks time. Will be staying in s small hotel opposition Washington hotel.

I know Washington hotel had Airport Limousine bus stop in it.

Stayed there like 12 years ago for my last trip to Tokyo. Not sure how is the condition there now. Only remember the airport limousine bus service and the ship restaurant where you can ‘catch’ your own live fish.

Do let me know what hotel you are staying at and your review sir. Thanks.

Edited by Discoburg

Dunno about the specific hotel(s), as I only went and be coolie and navigator - wife did all the planning.

But one thing about Tokyo hotel(s), which I realised too late when we went last year.

Both hotels in Tokyo has this android smartphone in the room. We tot it's a cordless phone for use in the room only, but only just before checkout, then we read the instructions there, which says it's a specially-programmed handphone that guests can bring out with them while staying at the hotel(s). Got free call to Tokyo (not sure about other cities), and can surf the net using it. Can remember whether can tether or not, as we got the Changi wifi with us so didn't really bother.

Really wasted that we didn't know earlier...

• Praise 1

There is a rubella outbreak now in Kanto region including Tokyo.

We should have been vaccinated at childhood. But just fyi.

www.precisionvaccinations.com/cdc-level-2-practice-enhanced-precautions-travel-alert-issued-japan?amp

Anyone have any reviews on the Shinjuku Washington hotel? Planning a trip in end Jan.

I stayed at Washington Annex Shinjuku last November. Room is decent size for 2+1 pax and my only complaint was the AC not cold/strong. Ended up asking for a Fan from front desk. My brother and sister who stayed in separate rooms had same issues. Unsure if they tune down the AC due to the winter weather or the central system is not working well.

• Praise 1

Dunno about the specific hotel(s), as I only went and be coolie and navigator - wife did all the planning.

But one thing about Tokyo hotel(s), which I realised too late when we went last year.

Both hotels in Tokyo has this android smartphone in the room. We tot it's a cordless phone for use in the room only, but only just before checkout, then we read the instructions there, which says it's a specially-programmed handphone that guests can bring out with them while staying at the hotel(s). Got free call to Tokyo (not sure about other cities), and can surf the net using it. Can remember whether can tether or not, as we got the Changi wifi with us so didn't really bother.

Really wasted that we didn't know earlier...

This phone that provide internet access is now very common in hotel in Singapore.

Stayed there like 12 years ago for my last trip to Tokyo. Not sure how is the condition there now. Only remember the airport limousine bus service and the ship restaurant where you can ‘catch’ your own live fish.

Do let me know what hotel you are staying at and your review sir. Thanks.

Yah the live fishing place is still there, always fun to see people fishing for their food. Rooms are simple and clean, plus walking distance to the train station.

Depending on your beliefs, you may want to avoid a room on the 24th floor - https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/60181/Woman-s-body-found-in-suitcase

• Praise 2

This phone that provide internet access is now very common in hotel in Singapore.

Oh, is that right? I mountain tortoise, was so fascinated by it when i saw it in Tokyo...

i've never stayed in SG hotels 3 yr liao leh, so am not aware here also so good...

Oh, is that right? I mountain tortoise, was so fascinated by it when i saw it in Tokyo...

i've never stayed in SG hotels 3 yr liao leh, so am not aware here also so good...

I never stay but hotel I book for my guest under different hotel group all have this phone.

The phone have promotion code to buy local attraction ticket for tourist.

Going Tokyo again next week but wanna buy some Tamiya r/c kits back. Anyone know where in Tokyo other then Akihabara, can I find shops selling Tamiya r/c kits?

• Praise 1