Fitness band - Any recommendation, please?

Count-Bracula

Hi MCF bros,

I'm planning to get a fitness band, the one that keeps track of your heartbeat, blood pressure, distance travelled, steps taken and all those stuff. Prefer one which is waterproof, any of you bro using and can share your experience?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

been wearing a fitbit force (the one with the display, that they recalled as some people were having an allergic reaction to nickel in it, but not me thankfully). been wearing mine daily since december last year, paired with a fitbit aria to track weight gain/loss.

having the display helps so i dont always have to power on my phone, and there's a clock so i can use that at the gym for pausing in between sets. however, like most bands, they aren't exactly accurate (when i do weight lifting for 45min, the band says i've moved abt 2000 steps, or about 1.2km)

i heard xiao mi came out with one yesterday for only $15 ... so if you're unsure, might as well try a cheap one first and see whether you dont mind wearing everyday.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/22/xiaomi-mi-band-fitness-wearable/

i wear mine daily without fail (watch on left hand, fitbit on right hand). looks a little weird, but got used to it now. most of the time, its just under my sleeve anyway.

but fitbit force is NOT waterproof, (i believe the fitbit flex is though). im quite satisfied with the performance of the device, but mainly use it to push myself daily to at least try and hit 10,000 steps through a combo of exercise (weights, stair climbing, or walking)

i bought one for most of my family as well for xmas last year. so far, only 50% of them followed through and are still wearing daily. the rest all said too leceh, doesn't match clothes or just lazy to recharge and wear (even tho battery last a decent 10-14 days)

hope this helps bro!

• Praise 4

been wearing a fitbit force (the one with the display, that they recalled as some people were having an allergic reaction to nickel in it, but not me thankfully). been wearing mine daily since december last year, paired with a fitbit aria to track weight gain/loss.

having the display helps so i dont always have to power on my phone, and there's a clock so i can use that at the gym for pausing in between sets. however, like most bands, they aren't exactly accurate (when i do weight lifting for 45min, the band says i've moved abt 2000 steps, or about 1.2km)

i heard xiao mi came out with one yesterday for only $15 ... so if you're unsure, might as well try a cheap one first and see whether you dont mind wearing everyday.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/22/xiaomi-mi-band-fitness-wearable/

i wear mine daily without fail (watch on left hand, fitbit on right hand). looks a little weird, but got used to it now. most of the time, its just under my sleeve anyway.

but fitbit force is NOT waterproof, (i believe the fitbit flex is though). im quite satisfied with the performance of the device, but mainly use it to push myself daily to at least try and hit 10,000 steps through a combo of exercise (weights, stair climbing, or walking)

i bought one for most of my family as well for xmas last year. so far, only 50% of them followed through and are still wearing daily. the rest all said too leceh, doesn't match clothes or just lazy to recharge and wear (even tho battery last a decent 10-14 days)

hope this helps bro!

Wah what a detailed writeup! Thank you, bro. Kam siah kam siah ...

Turbocharged

Wah what a detailed writeup! Thank you, bro. Kam siah kam siah ...

haha im a health freak la so enjoy looking at numbers and stats.

however if u got budget and time, maybe wait for apple iwatch? heard got quite a few good sensors (if the rumours are true)

(edited)

haha im a health freak la so enjoy looking at numbers and stats.

however if u got budget and time, maybe wait for apple iwatch? heard got quite a few good sensors (if the rumours are true)

Nah, I'm not a fan of Apple products. The device you have seems quite well rated. Where you buy them ahh bro?
Wah that looks not bad also. Very sleek looking. Edited by Count-Bracula

Turbocharged

Nah, I'm not a fan of Apple products. The device you have seems quite well rated. Where you buy them ahh bro?

Wah that looks not bad also. Very sleek looking.

(sorry had too many notifications and didnt see the notification on this thread)

got mine by ordering online from the states and having it shipped over. because i bought 8 of them, the shipping wasn't as painful. i definitely prefer one with an interface so i dont always need my phone with me.

just did a cursory check on amazon and ebay, and neither has the force anymore :/ pity.

(sorry had too many notifications and didnt see the notification on this thread)

got mine by ordering online from the states and having it shipped over. because i bought 8 of them, the shipping wasn't as painful. i definitely prefer one with an interface so i dont always need my phone with me.

just did a cursory check on amazon and ebay, and neither has the force anymore :/ pity.

Neither has the Force? Mmmm . . . looks like I have to call my friend, Count Dooku.

Turbocharged

Neither has the Force? Mmmm . . . looks like I have to call my friend, Count Dooku.

vader > dooku

also depends on your midichlorian count bro!

am keen to monitor my sleep quality (ie various stages of sleep like REM etc) and read that Xiaomi Mi Band 2 has this feature.

anybody using Xiaomi Mi Band 2 ?

may pick one up during the 11.11 sale if got good deal. (ie cheap).  [:p]

thanks.  [thumbsup]

used xiaomi band two years ago, you can see your sleep pattern from the apps, which the band will sync to your phone.

show the total number of hours sleep and deep sleep.

• Praise 2

Tried a xiaomi for measuring bp. I didn't have a proper meter to test against.
How accurate? Not sure.

One thing I'm not convinced, a real bp meter use pressure to cut off blood supply to the heart and then measure it again when the pressure is relieved. Both the doctor's manual bp and digital meter use pressure.

In the xiaomi, there's no pressure involved.

So how could it be accurate ?

Is it just showing the average numbers that you want to see ?

What kind of sensors can duplicate pressure ?

Lots of questions for me.

Edited by Kb27

How accurate? Not sure.

One thing I'm not convinced, a real bp meter use pressure to cut off blood supply to the heart and then measure it again when the pressure is relieved. Both the doctor's manual bp and digital meter use pressure.

Get a proper bp monitor. I got my rossmax from qoo10. Comes with free calibration.

How accurate? Not sure.

There's no way to measure without applying external pressure and determining which pressure the korotkoff sounds are produced/the pulse returns. 

Unless someone sticks a measuring device into your artery.

Frankly i dunno what sensor they use but it's highly unlikely to be accurate to any degree

↡ Advertisement