Most Expensive City In the world

Mllcg

Twincharged

most expensive cars, thats certain.

I don't think SG got the most expensive cars.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Went to US, Virginia. Beautiful country, ordered a plate of western food in a restaurant costing $US18. Portion is huge and can "feed" 3 person. How's the calculation.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 2

Went to US, Virginia. Beautiful country, ordered a plate of western food in a restaurant costing $US18. Portion is huge and can "feed" 3 person. How's the calculation.

Firstly i dont need a usd18 to first bite a western here..

I can order 2-3 plates varities in Aston in Suntec with this price too.no need stick to 1 plate

in kopitiam still can order cutlet,fish n chip and chicken chop plus a kopi and carrot cake lol

If not..top up abit..i can enjoy a widespread of varities in buffet..if i can eat,maybe 20pax capacity shiokness

Hows the calculation?

Twincharged

18USD can easily feed more than 3 people here also right?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Then where else? In sg u pay such price to rent 10 years NOT buy

Think hes right, especially since we rent cars and dont own them per se. [bigcry] Anyway a prev thread from DV.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2691952-the-ten-most-expensive-places-to-buy-a-car-in-the-world/?hl=expensive

PS : reading between the lines, ur both right.

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 2

Then where else? In sg u pay such price to rent 10 years NOT buy

in terms of hard cash, its not singapore.

but its the 10 years that make us the most expensive

Firstly i dont need a usd18 to first bite a western here..

I can order 2-3 plates varities in Aston in Suntec with this price too.no need stick to 1 plate

in kopitiam still can order cutlet,fish n chip and chicken chop plus a kopi and carrot cake lol

If not..top up abit..i can enjoy a widespread of varities in buffet..if i can eat,maybe 20pax capacity shiokness

Hows the calculation?

You want restaurant, food court or hawker centre? [laugh]

18USD can easily feed more than 3 people here also right?

Show me a decent restaurant in Singapore that offers a decent meal for 2-3 persons costing USD18?

We however have alternatives (restaurant, food court or hawker centre) but apple to apple comparison, we are expensive in housing, car, food and alcohol. Can't understand why people are refusing to acknowledge this fact.

吃喝嫖赌, 样样贵. Price to pay for being a global city.

• Praise 2

(edited)

you are quite right

we don't think spore is expensive because we have hawker centre as alternative

using hawker centre to compare with overseas eating place & restaurant and say spore is cheap is not a fair comparison

if everyday people need to go high class foodcourt and restaurant to eat ... then people will start complaining liao

besides, hawker centre is one of the most valuable food culture in spore

without it ... singapore food culture is nothing ... no fight to overseas ... simi michelin, french, italian, fusion, local restaurant

Show me a decent restaurant in Singapore that offers a decent meal for 2-3 persons costing USD18?

We however have alternatives (restaurant, food court or hawker centre) but apple to apple comparison, we are expensive in housing, car, food and alcohol. Can't understand why people are refusing to acknowledge this fact.

post-7984-0-67677200-1406340250_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

coz we have alternative and is in our culture..other countries ,they dont even have a choice..so die die u muz 1 pax spend usd18 to eat first..this is what i mean..thats apple to apple imho..however if u view it another way, domestic products selling more expensive than our imported product price here??? not logical also

last time got a thread, i find it very funny also, people comparing how good ramen n cheap is in japan but those selling here sucks and cmi and expensive

find me a traditional kopi/hainese chicken rice, bak gu tek,bak chor mee..in Japan or europe countries..for our price or it even exist first..LOL

housing wise, alot countries salary to pay ratio...still alot higher than us..after deduction tax,left over income to pay mortages etc..most people here easily can finish their loan 7-10 years..just depend they want or they buy what kind of property

car is expensive yes.. alcohol also yes...but not a must in life

Edited by Freestylers09
  • Praise 4

you are quite right

we don't think spore is expensive because we have hawker centre as alternative

using hawker centre to compare with overseas eating place & restaurant and say spore is cheap is not a fair comparison

if everyday people need to go high class foodcourt and restaurant to eat ... then people will start complaining liao

besides, hawker centre is one of the most valuable food culture in spore

without it ... singapore food culture is nothing ... no fight to overseas ... simi michelin, french, italian, fusion, local restaurant

True we also have kopitiams with 10% discount lol

coz we have alternative and is in our culture..other countries ,they dont even have a choice..so die die u muz 1 pax spend usd18 to eat first..this is what i mean..thats apple to apple imho..however if u view it another way, domestic products selling more expensive than our imported product price here??? not logical also

last time got a thread, i find it very funny also, people comparing how good ramen n cheap is in japan but those selling here sucks and cmi and expensive

find me a traditional kopi/hainese chicken rice, bak gu tek,bak chor mee..in Japan or europe countries..for our price or it even exist first..LOL

housing wise, alot countries salary to pay ratio...still alot higher than us..after deduction tax,left over income to pay mortages etc..most people here easily can finish their loan 7-10 years..just depend they want or they buy what kind of property

Super true, go and find nice and cheap nasi lemak in japan la

He think singaporean great grandfathers eat ramen ah? They eat bak chor mee!

Many restaurants can feed 2-3 people with USD18, like Ikea restaurant. Moreover that 18USD is like for one plate only, here in sg u can get 2 plate of fried rice in chinese restaurant with better taste

in terms of hard cash, its not singapore.

but its the 10 years that make us the most expensive

If hard cash any other city that only allow hard cash?

In fact many singaporean like T2 bought car in hard cash

• Praise 1

Singapore is not cheap. But it's not expensive. Stop bringing up this loser mentality that things are Damn expensive here.

You want to talk expensive.

My friend studying post grad in London.

A sandwich with drink is 6 to 7 pounds in his school cafeteria. Tube is 2 pounds. His professor earns 40k pounds. Which 40 percent Goes into income tax. His professor can't even afford to eat the f ING sandwich.

• Praise 6
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

Again the fallacies of comparing apple to orange.

Is eating at hawker centre the same as eating in a restaurant? It is good to have alternatives and I credit the government for keeping our hawker culture alive but when we talk about cost of living, please don't muddle the water by comparing chay kway teow in Ang Mo Kio Blk 154 with eating steak in a Californian restaurant (CKT is better for me but there is an element of cultural bias).

On the other issue you raised. Is paying high taxes with better social, medical and other benefits but having 3x average housing prices to annual income ratio better than a system of low taxes but less benefits (CPF is my money) and high property prices (6-7x annual income) better for most people. It is difficult to to say as it depends on where you stand in the spectrum but generally, it benefits the truly rich more than the middle income family.

Interestingly, Singapore's TFR is lower than many developed countries (USA is above 2) and cost of living has lots to do with it.

Edited by Voodooman

(edited)

ho say la ... if find spore cost of living high, we got jb ma ... no worry

Edited by Wt_know

Teaching is a very poorly paid profession in UK. I remembered during poly time, most foreign expat lecturers then were from UK.

Many teachers in UK actually quit their jobs to drive a train which is better paid and you need not bring back work or worries. Once the baton is handed over, you're freed. Not in the case of teaching.

Singapore is not cheap. But it's not expensive. Stop bringing up this loser mentality that things are Damn expensive here.

You want to talk expensive.
My friend studying post grad in London.
A sandwich with drink is 6 to 7 pounds in his school cafeteria. Tube is 2 pounds. His professor earns 40k pounds. Which 40 percent Goes into income tax. His professor can't even afford to eat the f ING sandwich.

Again the fallacies of comparing apple to orange.

Is eating at hawker centre the same as eating in a restaurant? It is good to have alternatives and I credit the government for keeping our hawker culture alive but when we talk about cost of living, please don't muddle the water by comparing chay kway teow in Ang Mo Kio Blk 154 with eating steak in a Californian restaurant (CKT is better for me but there is an element of cultural bias).

On the other issue you raised. Is paying high taxes with better social, medical and other benefits but having 3x average housing prices to annual income ratio better than a system of low taxes but less benefits (CPF is my money) and high property prices (6-7x annual income) better for most people. It is difficult to to say as it depends on where you stand in the spectrum but generally, it benefits the truly rich more than the middle income family.

Interestingly, Singapore's TFR is lower than many developed countries (USA is above 2) and cost of living has lots to do with it.

U also compare apple to orange

High property price only apply in small country/citystate. USA so big, u can stay outskirt the city if u want smelly cheap cheap properties. In singapore every piece of land is expensive. If want compare expensive housing u need to compare to HK or the CBD area of New York.

Though CPF took 20% but overall its about the same taxing with these developed countries its just that half of the tax will be mine, can be use to buy property, pay medical fees and savings for our retirement. Definitely Better than high benefit high tax

ho say la ... if find spore cost of living high, we got jb ma ... no worry

Yah JB is like the outskirt of Tokyo lol

(edited)

Many restaurants can feed 2-3 people with USD18, like Ikea restaurant. Moreover that 18USD is like for one plate only, here in sg u can get 2 plate of fried rice in chinese restaurant with better taste

Is Ikea a restaurant or a food court?

I can have a < USD10 per pax pizza meal in California too.

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement