Most Expensive City In the world

Mllcg

Twincharged

low yes. but you get nothing in return.

i dont mind paying higher if at the end of the day i get free healthcare, free education for my kids, pension on retirement

Where got nothing in return? Still got subsidies, medishield also quite cheap. Even the CPF life also very cheap. These are all quite good benefits right?

low yes. but you get nothing in return.

i dont mind paying higher if at the end of the day i get free healthcare, free education for my kids, pension on retirement

It depends on perspective.

If you are an average Joe working in a supermarket, to middle class working as a professional in an office, you may prefer the social security for your family of high tax, high benefit system. If you are a multimillionaire, you would more like prefer low tax low social securities, since your income level is well above to cover the cost of these.

edit; for Info

Interestingly, In Germany, the tax (partially) that you pay do not goes into your pension when you retired. It goes towards the people that have retired now. So you are paying for the pension of the people who have retired. In turn when you retired, the working people will pay for your pension.

Edited by Kiadaw
  • Praise 1

Cost of eating out is only a tiny fraction of the cost of living. Tourists can never understand that. The amount you save on housing, utilities and transport can offset your cost of eating out many times over. Why you think these reports give different weightage to different categories?

Edited by Jamomatt
  • Praise 1

Cost of eating out is only a tiny fraction of the cost of living. Tourists can never understand that. The amount you save on housing, utilities and transport can offset your cost of eating out many times over. Why you think these reports give different storage weightage to different categories?

Yeah, a few k a month (if cannot afford, please buy HDB) can buy a lot of good meals in restaurants.

Problem is people think it is CPF money and not entirely their money. They emptied their CPF account and ended up they have no retirement funds and there is no social security in Singapore. But at least they can sell your house and downgrade or like the group of oldies staying in landed asking for govt handouts.

if he stays about 1hr out of tokyo central, his 200k can buy a landed HOUSE.

[rolleyes]

I didn't know you can buy unlanded house!

Edit. I was wrong.

Balloon-house550x825.jpg

Turbocharged

i feel proud that i am still surviving in sg

of cos proud lah, next time when u travel to angmo country, pls walk with head up high because u are from the most expensive city in the world [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

I didn't know you can buy unlanded house!

Edit. I was wrong.

Balloon-house550x825.jpg

inspiration from the movie UP?

Cost of eating out is only a tiny fraction of the cost of living. Tourists can never understand that. The amount you save on housing, utilities and transport can offset your cost of eating out many times over. Why you think these reports give different weightage to different categories?

eating out in singapore costs more than japan btw.

unless restaurant then i agree japan more ex.

but if u can live on "food court" everyday, 1 meal = 500 yen(6 bucks) with free flow of water.

and their portions are x2 the size of portions here.

wow thanks for the info..at least learned something again..

so meaning to say housing in Singapore is definitely not exp compare to countries with bigger land ..almost same or cheaper like Germany 40km away from city area..only differences is land area of houses..but cannot compare so..

500euro a month to pay rent and not holding an asset..hmmmm...for me..i think abit not worth it however maybe due to the mobility like what u say

About right,

Germany is not a property hot zone, due to Population stagnation, & government control.

Yes, you cannot compare house size due to land size differences. Nothing much Singapore can do regarding this, What can be done in Singapore, is make sure the home is reasonable size for an average family & affordable. Its not realistic to compare physical size.

but Having said that (OT)

I do not know how it compare to Singapore, the the houses in Germany are of high quality. Most building blocks are made in Germany, & all construction workers are skilled (all professional must be certified in Germany, you even need a licence to fish, & play golf!).

I think if you need to open a construction firm, at least one person must be 'Master' class.

The house must meet the thermal insulation standard (equivalent to 30cm of wall thickness), & external facing windows must be triple glazed (& these windows are bloody expensive, easily in the 4 figures), so the material must be of certain quality. You definitely getting good value for money.

Edited by Kiadaw

of cos proud lah, next time when u travel to angmo country, pls walk with head up high because u are from the most expensive city in the world [laugh] [laugh]

ill photocpy my passport n stick on my forehead..

• Praise 3

On a serious note, all these Most expensive city news is making Singapore famous.

I was playing football with a punch of people, then this one dude came to me after the game. He asked me where I am from. I told him Singapore.

He said, " Isn't it a rich country?", then why are you here. "True, That's why I am here, I am not rich."

Singapore is pretty famous actually.

200k can buy landed house alr. cheap enough.

and daily travel distance is jurong to changi.

http://www.realestate.co.jp/en/forsale/listing?prefecture=kanagawa&method=ward&city=14204

Kamakura to central of tokyo about 1h15min

Again..cheap meh?ur frend short of 1 zero ?

I saw some 200k but 20m square..is it buy house or room?lol

About right,

Germany is not a property hot zone, due to Population stagnation, & government control.

Yes, you cannot compare house size due to land size differences. Nothing much Singapore can do regarding this, What can be done in Singapore, is make sure the home is reasonable size for an average family & affordable. Its not realistic to compare physical size.

but Having said that (OT)

I do not know how it compare to Singapore, the the houses in Germany are of high quality. Most building blocks are made in Germany, & all construction workers are skilled (all professional must be certified in Germany, you even need a licence to fish, & play golf!).

I think if you need to open a construction firm, at least one person must be 'Master' class.

The house must meet the thermal insulation standard (equivalent to 30cm of wall thickness), & external facing windows must be triple glazed (& these windows are bloody expensive, easily in the 4 figures), so the material must be of certain quality. You definitely getting good value for money.

German are v particular about green also..solar,window glazing,all v particular about it..

Solar they are leader in the industries if not wrong..t

On a serious note, all these Most expensive city news is making Singapore famous.

I was playing football with a punch of people, then this one dude came to me after the game. He asked me where I am from. I told him Singapore.

He said, " Isn't it a rich country?", then why are you here. "True, That's why I am here, I am not rich."

Singapore is pretty famous actually.

Yeah... Go other countries they always say you all Singaporeans very rich.

Thats is why when i am oversea,i always like to interact with their locals,guides etc on their culture,lifestyle and cost of living standards...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1