Anyone heard of this workshop "Optima Werkz" ?

Cerano

Just look at the "warranty booklet" which is smartly sent to you only after you purchased and collected the car(like a week later).  Then to your horror, the long list of 'non covered' items.

My buddy bot a second hand car which is covered for 1 year by OW.  Briefly when he bot the car, the dealer told him engine n transmission parts are covered, but not wear n tear parts.

His engine valve cover gasket leaked engine oil after 3 months of ownership.  Not covered.  Right, wear n tear.  But isnt the gasket a key part of the engine overall? 

Ok maybe it really could be argued to death its a wear n tear item.  next question, why bother with such 'warranty' ?

He swear he will never buy another OW covered car.

↡ Advertisement

look at Optima Werkz as Jay Chou. 

more fans more haters.

90% fans, 10% haters.

so i assume this optima werk has a few branches. means they have more customers ?

that explains the number of haters.

• Praise 1

Check it out , those that talk bad about OW are all newbies status. ahaha. I have no experience with OW so just observation . 

yup...old tactic of competitors edging up.....

i hv no business with OW too and looking from an impartial POV

Neutral Newbie

Check it out , those that talk bad about OW are all newbies status. ahaha. I have no experience with OW so just observation .

I have experience with ow.

I don't want to go near it..

I forego my warranty after 2nd visit and went back to my regular mechanic.

That's the main problem I think for people who go ow for warranty.

They don't know you, you don't know them, and then you compare them with your regular mechanic.

That is why I don't want to go near them. Too much trouble. Misdiagnose of engine belting, engine noise, even told me to order the power steering module from Japan. The car was losing electrical power intermittently.

Because they are not my regular mechanic, maybe I did not or was not able to convey my problems to them adequately...

Went to my regular mechanic and got it all sorted out..

Thus, that why I say, I don't want to go near them.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

This is the most negligent workshop. I sent my car there for regular servicing. These guys are supposed to be professional but have been negligent. Imagine they didn't close the engine oil cap properly and the ECU causes the radiator fan to keep running after the engine is off. End result, my battery dead and have to call for help. Discovered engine oil cap never screw tight. Screw it tight and problem disappeared.. Wanted to call and screw them up. Told myself to cool it .. just NEVER ever go back to these negligent clowns again.

Edited by Swiftlet
  • Praise 1

This is the most negligent workshop. I sent my car there for regular servicing. These guys are supposed to be professional but have been negligent. Imagine they didn't close the engine oil cap properly and the ECU causes the radiator fan to keep running after the engine is off. End result, my battery dead and have to call for help. Discovered engine oil cap never screw tight. Screw it tight and problem disappeared.. Wanted to call and screw them up. Told myself to cool it .. just NEVER ever go back to these negligent clowns again.

I sent my car to OW Serangoon north workshop for repair due to white smoke coming out from exhaust after I've parked for few hours, took them one and a half day to find out that it was due to problem with the turbo. Ok... found the problem, one and a half day is fine, sent in on wednesday morning and on thursday i received the news, I was told that spares were ordered and will reach them on friday so i waited and on friday i was told that the spare part ordered seems unable to fit (so do they really know what spares is required and if it is ordered correct? ). on staurday i was told that the spares MIGHT reach them on monday. Since there is ex-stock, do they really have any control over the purcahsing function? wrong parts purchased, cannot get their vendors to send soon? seems like the attitude of teh workshop is like, customers can't do anything, no choice.

Seems like its more of the attitude of the people there. its really disappointing.  

• Praise 2

I sent my car to OW Serangoon north workshop for repair due to white smoke coming out from exhaust after I've parked for few hours, took them one and a half day to find out that it was due to problem with the turbo. Ok... found the problem, one and a half day is fine, sent in on wednesday morning and on thursday i received the news, I was told that spares were ordered and will reach them on friday so i waited and on friday i was told that the spare part ordered seems unable to fit (so do they really know what spares is required and if it is ordered correct? ). on staurday i was told that the spares MIGHT reach them on monday. Since there is ex-stock, do they really have any control over the purcahsing function? wrong parts purchased, cannot get their vendors to send soon? seems like the attitude of teh workshop is like, customers can't do anything, no choice.

Seems like its more of the attitude of the people there. its really disappointing.

The name already suggest more work.. Optima Work for car owners? More trip more calls, optima frustration

• Praise 1

One word sums it up.

LOUSY.

Those buying cars from PI, many of the unreputable PI uses Optima Werkz for their warranty. I will say to avoid those PI, and the regular servicing may cost more. When you need to claim warranty from them, they simply tell you that it is not covered, then you are screwed. 

Rather go to those reliable PIs and their in house workshop, or highly respected WS. They clearly state everything covered under warranty,  At least have a peace of mind knowing that the warranty is not some BS.

• Praise 2

I received an OW "warranty" 2 years ago from a used car dealer after purchasing a 7 year old car. Only had bad experiences with them...

1) high pressure fuel pump - the one they "replaced" for me broke down within a week and my car had to be towed back a second time in 2 weeks for a replacement -_-

2) suspension - supposed to be covered by warranty but the salesman told me I have to wait a few while (weeks or months, can't remember) and would update me but noooo they did not update me about it at all. Plus my car would collapse if I waited that long so I ended up replacing it at another workshop for 1.2k....

3) engine seal cover - they had my car for a full week, whole week hardly any update and I finally told them I WANT the car back by Saturday morning but the salesperson deliberately dragged till 3plus (their Sat closing time was 3). They already had my car the full 5 days, why is it so hard to give me back 3 hrs before the actual handover time???

4) engine oil leakage - FINALLY, after my 2 year "warranty" ended I went to another workshop and found out that my engine was leaking oil due to poor quality engine oil used by OW. I had to carry 2L of engine oil in my boot and check engine oil every week to keep the car running.

I ended up scrapping the car 9 months ahead of COE expiry because I couldn't deal with what other heartache poor maintenance by OW would cause me.

Pay me I also won't go back to OW.

• Praise 4

I received an OW "warranty" 2 years ago from a used car dealer after purchasing a 7 year old car. Only had bad experiences with them...

1) high pressure fuel pump - the one they "replaced" for me broke down within a week and my car had to be towed back a second time in 2 weeks for a replacement -_-

2) suspension - supposed to be covered by warranty but the salesman told me I have to wait a few while (weeks or months, can't remember) and would update me but noooo they did not update me about it at all. Plus my car would collapse if I waited that long so I ended up replacing it at another workshop for 1.2k....

3) engine seal cover - they had my car for a full week, whole week hardly any update and I finally told them I WANT the car back by Saturday morning but the salesperson deliberately dragged till 3plus (their Sat closing time was 3). They already had my car the full 5 days, why is it so hard to give me back 3 hrs before the actual handover time???

4) engine oil leakage - FINALLY, after my 2 year "warranty" ended I went to another workshop and found out that my engine was leaking oil due to poor quality engine oil used by OW. I had to carry 2L of engine oil in my boot and check engine oil every week to keep the car running.

I ended up scrapping the car 9 months ahead of COE expiry because I couldn't deal with what other heartache poor maintenance by OW would cause me.

Pay me I also won't go back to OW.

actually for your case, yours is a 2nd hand car. why go back to OW? warranty for 2nd hand cars is useless as they will claim that it is wear and teat issue ended up you still need to pay for the repairs. 

If is new car, after reading the reviews here. For me i would strongly avoid this workshop. New car first 3 years hardly give you any problems, just go to a more reliable workshop and do you routine servicing IMHO.

actually for your case, yours is a 2nd hand car. why go back to OW? warranty for 2nd hand cars is useless as they will claim that it is wear and teat issue ended up you still need to pay for the repairs.

If is new car, after reading the reviews here. For me i would strongly avoid this workshop. New car first 3 years hardly give you any problems, just go to a more reliable workshop and do you routine servicing IMHO.

I didn't know at the time. I Guess there is a first for everything and I learnt my lesson. I also found a trusted workshop now so I will not believe any "warranty" anymore.

By the way after the engine seal incident I didn't use them for repairs, just regular servicing. Even then they screwed up my engine. #hopeless

• Praise 2