• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
119 replies to this topic | 286 praises

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:46 AM

PennySunshine
  • Premium member
    PennySunshine
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My experience with them taught me never to trust these “warranty” provided by used car dealers. If you are still in time, check the car with your trusted workshop then nego for price without warranty.
They refused to honour my claim for spoilt shocks and suspension. Gave me a ton of excuses ended up I settled the whole thing somewhere else myself.
I also suspected they gave me a used/spoilt replacement part once because the same part failed just one week (I drove twice in that one week) after it was replaced.
No thanks ever again.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Because there are still the misinformed who get directed and herded to OW from errant PI and used car dealers.

Was viewing a used car in AML and when the sales guy told me that the car would be covered by "comprehensive warranty by reputable workshop Optima Werkz" - I politely smiled, thanked him for his time to let me view the car and left.

The car had some work needed so I would not trust OW to do the right thing having read this thread.

Autolink?

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

BTW they wanted charge $350 to $400 to change the valve cover casket on my hiadee's conti.  As usual said wear n tear not covered. my friend TL, DIY it $80  [:p]

Another hiadee went to them during warranty period for brakes issue, spongy feeling.  They said the existing brake pads not inserted properly by the previous workshop, and that the pad has hairline cracks.  Again wear n tear not covered  After spending like $250 to change the front pair of pads, still LPPL.  Then he went to another WS, flushed the brake fluid...All ok liao. 

Edited by Ahbengdriver, 08 April 2018 - 09:28 AM.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

BTW they wanted charge $350 to $400 to change the valve cover casket on my hiadee's conti.  As usual said wear n tear not covered. my friend TL, DIY it $80  [:p]

Another hiadee went to them during warranty period for brakes issue, spongy feeling.  They said the existing brake pads not inserted properly by the previous workshop, and that the pad has hairline cracks.  Again wear n tear not covered  After spending like $250 to change the front pair of pads, still LPPL.  Then he went to another WS, flushed the brake fluid...All ok liao. 

Hahahha. Spongy brakes usually relate to brake line. And yes flushing them out solves.

CMI siaaaaaaa!!

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

what do you guys expect?

all beng and seng workshops make money from oil servicing and fixing problem and not "warranty claim"

if AD was not able to claim their heavily markup "cost + profit" from the regional distributor

do you think AD will fix warranty and defect issue chop chop curry pop?

no $$ no talk la ... that's the real world

there is no such thing as cheap, fast and good warranty cum defect claim

Edited by Wt_know, 08 April 2018 - 10:56 AM.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:12 AM

speedometer
  • speedometer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I normally avoid businesses with names that ends in Z.

Funny but you are damn right... z could be impersonating another company that end in S

Edited by speedometer, 09 April 2018 - 02:13 AM.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

That's why I don't trust WS anymore.  A few of us Ahbengs have bought our own set of gadgets and tools through pool funding, now we do all our basic servicing and maintenance at our own place.  Cheap n Fast n Good, who say no hab?  Save llots of $$ somemore

Othello praised this
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:18 PM

Funky05
  • Funky05
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I just heard optima werkz advertisement on class 95fm..

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:52 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good workshop don't need advertising.

By word of mouth is good enough.
Mkl22 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:10 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Around 2014 news. Shitty times..not me say one.

https://www.straitst...shop-in-redhill

Seven luxury cars were found splashed with paint remover yesterday at a car workshop in the Redhill area, causing an estimated $80,000 in damage.

The cars - a Ferrari, a Volvo, two Audis and three Mercs - had been parked at Optima Werkz, a workshop in Kung Chong Road.

Edited by Kopites, 23 February 2019 - 09:12 AM.

Mkl22 and Hamburger praised this

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

100% correct. Good workshops have tons of business. Don’t even need to bother to waste money advertising.

One example is Jumbo seafood. Always full house on weekends and at least more than half full on weekdays. Need to waste money advertising?
Hamburger praised this

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

100% correct. Good workshops have tons of business. Donât even need to bother to waste money advertising.

One example is Jumbo seafood. Always full house on weekends and at least more than half full on weekdays. Need to waste money advertising?

No sign board also need to queue. Hardly see any advert on MSN.

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:57 PM

ntuc2018
  • ntuc2018
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I went there to service my car. They are not cheapest but their service I find quite professional. When u drive there, someone will be fully in charge of your car. They will check and then tell u upfront got what problem, what price and u decide want to do or not. Wun be pushy etc.. Keep me updated thru whatsapp when I leave my car there. Then I bring my car to authorised dealer to service and double confirm. Indeed, the company no cheat me and will be cheaper than what the authorised dealer charge me. So far OK. The cars there are mainly very high end car like Bentley, s class, 7 series etc..

Edited by ntuc2018, 15 March 2019 - 04:58 PM.

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

just dont get their warranty.

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

just dont get their warranty.

You say this based on your experience?

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:04 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You say this based on your experience?

Yes. You from OW ?

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:11 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yes. You from OW ?

No. Your one liner sentence too brief

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:14 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

any outside workshop will siam and taichi warranty claim

no point to buy warranty from outside workshop

AD honour the warranty because they can claim the manufacturer

else who want to pay for the parts and labour

Edited by Wt_know, 16 March 2019 - 07:14 AM.

RogerNg_185295 praised this

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:10 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thats why buying PI cars are risky. Its not about the sales process. its the warranty claims that made buying from AD much much better. 

Peace of mind.

any outside workshop will siam and taichi warranty claim

no point to buy warranty from outside workshop

AD honour the warranty because they can claim the manufacturer

else who want to pay for the parts and labour

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it depends and the car model.

if specs-to-specs comparison and PI car save $30k-$40k 

i may consider to buy from PI and fck the warranty with $40k savings [sly]

especially for car/model that already on the road for 2-3 years

and you know the common issues of the car/model 

Thats why buying PI cars are risky. Its not about the sales process. its the warranty claims that made buying from AD much much better. 

Peace of mind.

Edited by Wt_know, 16 March 2019 - 09:17 AM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Optima Werkz Pte Ltd

Optima Werkz Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by aklee  |  Neutral Newbie

I'm like many pple who dont quite trust warranty by PI. Hv friends who had bad exp with PI warranty, like company wind up, some did not honour, drag feet, etc. I got my car from a PI and it comes with this OW warranty. I hope I never nid to use it, but when my car aircon break down, I went to OW to check. The OW pple checked and found out was compressor problem. But the... » Read More

Optima Werkz Pte Ltd

Optima Werkz Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by kingkong89  |  Neutral Newbie

$450 to change two pcs of windows, another shop has charged only $380.

And they used windows made in China, can see the waving pattern clearly. Better ask before driving into them.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Optima Werkz Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: car, workshop, anyone, heard and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users