Unstable idling and stalling issues

Geniuspear

Hi guys, im driving a 08 SSS. About 2 weeks ago, realise that the car while idling, the rpm was unstable, once in a while the rpm will drop to 500 and jump back to 900 causing the car to vibrate. It wasn't so bad but was irritating at first.

About few days back, the unstable idling become worse, sometimes the car even stall while idling. Today, the car stalled 3 times during a traffic jam and 1 shot stall 4 times at the red light. When stalling, the car doesn't jerk, the rpm just smoothly drops to 0 rpm and the engine die off "peacefully".

I was told that it could be dirty throttle body. However I did throttle body cleaning by a freelancer about 20k milage ago so I dont think the throttle body gets dirty so fast. general servicing including spark plugs was done not too long ago. Clutch, gear oil all less than 1 year ago. My engine is also stock however currently using open pod.

Could anyone enlighten me the problem? Was told to go for throttle body cleaning again however I read online that dirty throttle body seldom leds to engine stalling so im not very sure thou

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Check all items relating to fuel line and air intake. I had a problem with the fuel pump, which caused idling and stalling issues.

Check also piggyback ECU (if any) and ECU.

Yesterday went to find a freelancer for throttle body cleaning, also swapped my open pod back to stock air box. Noticed that the open pod was torn below. So far the car idles normal, no more stalling, will observe for the next few days and see if everything is solved.

↡ Advertisement