BMW 4 series gran coupe

Damienic

Turbocharged

6.3K for the 4 series or 3 series? When I bought my 328i it was thrown in free heh sebei heng cause shortly after Pml had another category under 328 M Sport.

For the 4GC can see why it's good to have that cause the boot lid is quite long and extends quite high. But 3 series not need lah a good slam would do the job [laugh]

M-Sports Line need to add another $6.3K.

And 328i no motorised tailgate.

↡ Advertisement

6.3K for the 4 series or 3 series? When I bought my 328i it was thrown in free heh sebei heng cause shortly after Pml had another category under 328 M Sport.

For the 4GC can see why it's good to have that cause the boot lid is quite long and extends quite high. But 3 series not need lah a good slam would do the job [laugh]

4GC made in Deutschland , 3er made in RSA

Turbocharged

Haha that's prob the reason for the markup :D

Yeah most 3er's are made in RSA, my 3er was made in Deutschland but still creaks like a rocking chair.

4GC made in Deutschland , 3er made in RSA

Haha that's prob the reason for the markup :D

Yeah most 3er's are made in RSA, my 3er was made in Deutschland but still creaks like a rocking chair.

BMW's panel gap is larger than Merc and Audi's , whether between steel/aluminium body panel or interior plastic dash or door panels ... the friction between plastics are causing creaking noise.

• Praise 2

Don't know why is there a stigma associated with SA factories.

Typical Singaporean thinking. Very narrow minded.

SA factory actually produces more reliable cars.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/best-bmws-arent-built-germany#ixzz3ddtQJMwD

because BMW or Merc in Singapore cost 4 times more than they cost in US. The article specifically mentioned US spec 3 series made in specific factory in RSA has less fault per 100 cars than some specific German built BMWs. Does not mean RHD Singapore bound RSA built BMWs are the same.

There is no smoke without fire. Just look at the W205 (all Singapore bound cars are built in RSA) and compare it against W204 (German built).

Just saw from LTA published data on car cost of cars registered in August ... there was a total of six 420i Gran Coupe and three 430i Gran Coupe registered ... much more than the total number of 3 and 5 series combined!

Was there a "lay-long" sale that I missed??  :XD:  :grin:

• Praise 2

I think a facelift just arrived n also the introduction of the 440M GC. So there was a gap when no 4 series GC were available so perhaps this was those early bird who booked the facelift n thus got it registered once it arrived??

• Praise 5

Hi trying to start this thread again. What is the difference between 428 3.0 litre engine vs 640 3 litre? Both are bi turbo. Am interested in the used unit available in both model but seems only 428 available. Any feedback welcome.

Hi trying to start this thread again. What is the difference between 428 3.0 litre engine vs 640 3 litre? Both are bi turbo. Am interested in the used unit available in both model but seems only 428 available. Any feedback welcome.

428 should be N20B20, i.e. 2L TWIN scroll turbo

640 should be N55B30, i.e. 3L TWIN scroll turbo

Non M only got 1 TURBO.

Turbocharged

LCI version should be out soon. anyone getting?

if win toto... 

↡ Advertisement