BMW 4 series gran coupe

Damienic

Turbocharged

Sounds about right, one can prob add it as an option. But I would rather the HUD system which will see more use IMO

Besides turning the car on I hardly look at the dash while driving.

The full digital speedo may only comes standard with the 440i base on the other line. I doubt the 420 will come with it. You're right, the base A5 is indeed FWD. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Test drive the A5 FWD and Quattro then decide?

The quattro 2.0l i think is 40k more? Abit hard to stomach for the extra goodies haha

I will go for the G30 if given a choice for the $250k price range

Unless u really adore Lord of the Rings [:p]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

The quattro 2.0l i think is 40k more? Abit hard to stomach for the extra goodies haha

the new a5 sb is so swee

now having promo 199k if not wrong

• Praise 3

Wow I was Saturday, they told me not available showed me the G30 and 640 GC instead. Did they say when the show room unit available?

I used to drive A6, Great car but if u floor it to take off the FW tends to spin. Mine then has the MTM chip up. Every 5K I have to top up engine oil.

Should be either next week or week after next.

• Praise 1

I already test drive the A5 FWD, i like the virtual cockpit and the power. 

I also tested the 530i and found it to be quite a gentleman car.

Comparing the A5/420i/530i

A5 FWD is the cheapest among the 3 at 200k, with the 420i @ 230k+ and the 530i at $280k++

Can also consider the 520d due to more torque.

• Praise 1

I already test drive the A5 FWD, i like the virtual cockpit and the power.

I also tested the 530i and found it to be quite a gentleman car.

Comparing the A5/420i/530i

A5 FWD is the cheapest among the 3 at 200k, with the 420i @ 230k+ and the 530i at $280k++

Can also consider the 520d due to more torque.

Seems a few of us are interested in similar models. May be start a group buy.

I think the A5 SB left a few stocks. I'm guess 10 and below. There is another batch coming on December which they are not selling cause waiting for the cevs. I'm guessing the cevs will drop by 1 tier to neutral. Currently has 5k rebate. This is referring to the non Quattro one.

Maybe i shud just itchy backside testdrive the a5 sb

Just enjoy your ride bro. See no evil better. S5 not out yet. When out then you should go test. Lol.

Turbocharged

I personally find the body shape of the A5SB more appealing, with its more fastback-like shape, while the 4GC looks more sorted and cohesive overall design wise - I've always felt a mismatch between the sharp edged and squarish light cluster designs on the curvy body with the A5SB.

That said overall I think I'd prefer a A5SB 250hp quattro with matrix LED, but that's obviously a really expensive thing to go for. I've gotten too used to having scrolling indicators  [sweatdrop]

Interior wise I think it's really up to taste, both are pretty nice, but I sort of prefer the left tacho layout of Audi more while having tried the BMW digital cockpit, it's quite nice too. Plus the metal rings in the BMW cockpit add some taste to the otherwise sterile look of a digital display.

Driving dynamics wise I think I'd go for the 4GC though. Personally I'd be more keen to see the 3GT LCI since that has a higher roofline, larger trunk and active spoiler. I realize in practice I am not fond of the low seating position in the A5SB or 4GC.

I personally find the body shape of the A5SB more appealing, with its more fastback-like shape, while the 4GC looks more sorted and cohesive overall design wise - I've always felt a mismatch between the sharp edged and squarish light cluster designs on the curvy body with the A5SB.

That said overall I think I'd prefer a A5SB 250hp quattro with matrix LED, but that's obviously a really expensive thing to go for. I've gotten too used to having scrolling indicators  [sweatdrop]

Interior wise I think it's really up to taste, both are pretty nice, but I sort of prefer the left tacho layout of Audi more while having tried the BMW digital cockpit, it's quite nice too. Plus the metal rings in the BMW cockpit add some taste to the otherwise sterile look of a digital display.

Driving dynamics wise I think I'd go for the 4GC though. Personally I'd be more keen to see the 3GT LCI since that has a higher roofline, larger trunk and active spoiler. I realize in practice I am not fond of the low seating position in the A5SB or 4GC.

hi,

i agree with you. A5 SB has a more coherent shape than 4gc. the line starting from front wheel arc to the rear shoulder is so tastefully made. I get this feel that Audi actually spent more effort in trying to differentiate the a4, a5 sb and the coupe. the A5 sb has the longest wheelbase and car length.

whereas 4gc has the same wheelbase and car length with 3sedan and 4coupe.

• Praise 1

(edited)

No test drive how to buy? ð¤£

Bro head on to Munich Auto and hoot the M

test drive at Munich hoot at PI with $35k cheaper?

just like check out items at brick and mortar shops but strictly buy from Amazon? muahahaha

Edited by Wt_know