ADs angry liao......

Soya

tax supercar is the right thing to do ... imho

as mentioned, spore "direct" tax system is sibei low compare to many countries

that's why spore is the RICH playground

CAR and PROPERTY is the "indirect" tax to tax RICH and spare the *POOR* ... lol

Rather than starting a new thread - I'll add this here as it seems pretty related

With the figures - you buy something like a California you are paying around $600k in taxes for the car - that's before you even start to look at annual road tax etc.

Is this "fair" or "right" or is it too much tax for a car? is it "good" to have supercars on our road, or should they continue to be taxed into oblivion?

after this news ... the next few coe bidding will be sibei aggresive?

u know sporean la ... all kan cheong liao ... coming weekend AD all sing the same song better buy now next time need to wait 2-4 months ... LOL

why don't have Honda, Nissan, Subaru?

which means BT mentioned brands ADs indeed made some cheating, scare LTA to discover :D

anyway it's good news for those already collected cars' owners, they bought higher bhp car at CAT A COE [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Read on BT today: VW, Toyota, Merc, Audi , BMW, Mazda, Kia, Hyudai, Chevy, Opel, Volvo, Jag got together on Tues to see how they collectively kpkb to the gahmen about all the rapid policy changes made recently.

Interesting to note that not juz the conti not happy, seems like even jeepun and kimchi oso pissed off. Well done LTA.....again!

Sorry hor, cannot find url link so this will do for now:

Garmen later not happy slap them with market collusion charge under competition act. [smash]

• Praise 3

Supersonic

why don't have Honda, Nissan, Subaru?

ah seng was out of town wif his killer whale. [laugh]

honda......their wheezy earth dreams 1.3L consperm <130bhp. [laugh]

• Praise 2

im surprised that after so many years, not a single insider from an AD has made public how they "control" COE prices...

cmon there must be someone in this forum who knows how they do it, so please spill the beans for us...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

What constitutes a supercar then? Difficult to segregate hor

as mentioned, spore "direct" tax system is sibei low compare to many countries

that's why spore is the RICH playground

CAR and PROPERTY is the "indirect" tax to tax RICH and spare the *POOR* ... lol

after this news ... the next few coe bidding will be sibei aggresive?

u know sporean la ... all kan cheong liao ... then AD also smoke them ... better buy now ... next time need to wait 2-4 months ... LOL

I don't understand why ADs have so strong respones for LTA this policy [hur]

actually new car delivery time 2 -4 month is common in SIngapore, if I were buyer, I don't mind,

so only explanation is that those ADs imported 97KW below cars are fake one, if LTA conduct dyno test, they will betray themselves :D

No need to decide what is a "supercar" - does it really matter if it is something like Flying Spur, Wraith, Ghost, Huracan or California....so long as OMV reaches those levels you get taxed.

The thing that hits me -

1) I feel like the tax levels kick in too low - 180% TAX for amounts over $50k!!

2) I wonder if it is counter productive to tax so much - and if the chase for the money is kinda "self defeating" in the sense that it takes some of the excitement away? Witness just how boring our car scene is here compared to what can be done in some countries.

• Dislike 1

yes ... it's hard to segregate supercar as hard to segregate B&B and Luxury

that's why based on omv 100% 140% 180%

if ferrari omv is $20k ... that's fine [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

I don't understand why ADs have so strong respones for LTA this policy [hur]

actually new car delivery time 2 -4 month is common in SIngapore, if I were buyer, I don't mind,

so only explanation is that those ADs imported 97KW below cars are fake one, if LTA conduct dyno test, they will betray themselves :D

I think part of it might be that it's a marketing nightmare - having to "fight" with LTA over what is the "official" horsepower - and what the public will say if the LTA figures are lesser.

I think that also it makes a lot of uncertainty for the ADs in what they can and cannot bring in and their pricing strategy. Then also, I think that having up to four months for homologation is a problem.

Think this way - normally a car will spend 8-10 weeks "on the water" (or sometimes more from Europe). How is going to be willing to start shipping the cars BEFORE homologation? So your timeline would be

Production - 8 weeks to Singapore - wait 4 months to pass homologation - order from factory (how long) - 8 weeks on water - 2 weeks to prep - so the total time from "new model launch" to delivery in Singapore becomes around 9 months. Wah, baby is faster.

Why you all worry about how to segregate supercars or not? Speaking for myself, never in my life time I am going to own one so why bother.

BnB and luxury car already so diffciult to segregate and has more impact on commoners like me. That is the gest.

• Praise 1

wats the point of taxing the rich more? are lower income pple going to buy more or less cars as a result? it doesnt solve the traffic situation whether its a nissan sunny or ferrari on the same road.

The only & correct solution is already being done & that is to control total vehicle population.

Why you all worry about how to segregate supercars or not? Speaking for myself, never in my life time I am going to own one so why bother.

BnB and luxury car already so diffciult to segregate and has more impact on commoners like me. That is the gest.

I don't know - I still have dreams of something like this ($AUD)..

Maybe later closer to retirement might be able to do that to own a dream car

post-148474-0-05998000-1407392843.png

Edited by ExigeTan

im surprised that after so many years, not a single insider from an AD has made public how they "control" COE prices...

cmon there must be someone in this forum who knows how they do it, so please spill the beans for us...

Quote as hear say, my mechanic told me they loan NRIC's with $50 for securing their monthly twice bits for ready buyers in the queue.

wats the point of taxing the rich more? are lower income pple going to buy more or less cars as a result? it doesnt solve the traffic situation whether its a nissan sunny or ferrari on the same road.

The only & correct solution is already being done & that is to control total vehicle population.

If you look only at the automobile industry it's not right

The question is - is it "fairer" or "better" to get govt revenue via these sorts of means (taxing the very rich when they spend money) or is it "better" to have higher corporate, property or income tax for the govt to get the money?

• Praise 1

yes ... i have zero pity for ADs too

something not in their favour ... they kaypoh ... cry papa cry mama

when they rake in huge profits ... all act blur and keep quiet

no AD say anything how to improve the coe bidding system that COE bidded price is at the interest of car buyer not at the interest of AD where they can manipulate the COE whichever way they want ... they dictate the rebate, they decide to bid or not to bid, they can bid open cat and keep as ammo to shoot anytime they want to clear old stock, they fail to secure coe they got nothing to lose but buyer lose 2-3 months waiting period and left high and dry, etc

but in this 130bhp case ... i think LTA is too "much" to ignore all feedback and comment

shame to u-turn policy ... water is knee deep liao ... die die must go this way

Why should AD/LTA improve COE bidding system? It is not in their interest. We as driver need to be united against AD/LTA just like AD.

The best way to improve it is bidding via SingPass for all CAT except OPEN.

• Praise 2

After they have kpkb, any conclusion or will they have any impact to the current situation?

They will have a closed door meeting with the law makers...

After that, you will a new policy come out to make everyone who attended the meeting including the law maker happy!!

[lipsrsealed]

Consumer like us basically is always at the losing end and will be punished even further...

Don't really understand why is the common ppl always get punished for all these shit.... [furious]

Let me tell u a story Once a upon a time, the gov of an island has a hope that every citizen can have a home so a group called HDB was formed and flats were built. This challenge is easier they just have to stack higher flats loh. if 20 storeys not enough build 30 lah if still not enough go for 50. They were hail as heroes.

But now, his brillant son took over also want to achieve something and dreams of every citizen owning a car so ERP system was formed. Then he realised that opps I cannot do what papa has done because cars CANNOT be stacked up like flats. ha ha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7