ADs angry liao......

Soya

Supercharged

Build more ERP gantry. In fact, the island should be covered by ERP gantry.

GPS beep beep akan datang...

↡ Advertisement

If Coe drop how our greedy garmen make money...

Increase ERP lor, they suppose to work 'hand in hand' mah. :huh:

just erect a super duper antenna at north south east west can cover the whole spore gps erp liao

Build more ERP gantry. In fact, the island should be covered by ERP gantry.

just erect a super duper antenna at north south east west can cover the whole spore gps erp liao

dun gib them ideas hor.

skali they say: "since ppl hv expressed they want this, we respond to public feedback and gib lor."

scholar dont need ideas

they can made one out of no where just like 130bhp

scholar has so many ideas under their sleeve waiting to be unleashed

dun gib them ideas hor.

skali they say: "since ppl hv expressed they want this, we respond to public feedback and gib lor."

GPS beep beep akan datang...

Talk only nia.

How do LTA gonna transfer revenue (value in your cashcard) via American-owned Satelite (GPS) into LTA bank account?

Now, if don't pay, there will be either reading via IU or camera snap photo. For GPS, signal blocker could be used. How are they gonna enforce it?

• Praise 1

I think you are thinking too much. Its not that complicated.

Its the Singapore government that is charging you. They can do so, by their ablity to track your mileage, Who owns the devices that allow the SG government to access your GPS info is irrelavant.

Obviously the US military do not charge you. Tracking devices (not national scale of course) has been available for a while. For instance, cars sometimes comes with trackers , in case of thef, your car can be tracked, or when you are suck in an unknown road,, you can get help.

You can also track your phone (provided its powered on) because it has a GPS sensor. If you are scaling a mountain, you can also carry a GPS device, so in case you need help, the Mountain rescue team canlocate you better. I am not an expert on this subject, but the point I am trying to make is, a 3rd party (not US military) can use the Satalities for tracking, hence can charge you directly for the service without the satalite owner intervention.

As for the 2nd concern. the most simple action is Jail time or some harsh punishment for people who have a GPS blocker. That alone will discourage 99.9% of people from even thinking of using a blocker. For the 0.1%, They can install Blocker detectors on major road, & maybe deploy mobile/manual ones. As well as check points etc.

I do not know how this device work, but I imagine, inside is a GPS tracker, & when your car zoom passed, & GPS signal isn't detected, it will snap a photo, or tarck your car base on IU.

The bottom line is, if SG Government in the end do not implement the GPS tracking, it could be for many reasons, but technical issues isn't a major factor.

Its the Singapore government that is charging you. They can do so, by their ablity to track your mileage, Who owns the devices that allow the SG government to access your GPS info is irrelavant.

Obviously the US military do not charge you. Tracking devices (not national scale of course) has been available for a while. For instance, cars sometimes comes with trackers , in case of thef, your car can be tracked, or when you are suck in an unknown road,, you can get help.

You can also track your phone (provided its powered on) because it has a GPS sensor. If you are scaling a mountain, you can also carry a GPS device, so in case you need help, the Mountain rescue team canlocate you better. I am not an expert on this subject, but the point I am trying to make is, a 3rd party (not US military) can use the Satalities for tracking, hence can charge you directly for the service without the satalite owner intervention.

As for the 2nd concern. the most simple action is Jail time or some harsh punishment for people who have a GPS blocker. That alone will discourage 99.9% of people from even thinking of using a blocker. For the 0.1%, They can install Blocker detectors on major road, & maybe deploy mobile/manual ones. As well as check points etc.

I do not know how this device work, but I imagine, inside is a GPS tracker, & when your car zoom passed, & GPS signal isn't detected, it will snap a photo, or tarck your car base on IU.

The bottom line is, if SG Government in the end do not implement the GPS tracking, it could be for many reasons, but technical issues isn't a major factor.

If it is so simple, it would have been implemented liao.

For my 1st concern, It is true what you said. What has not been done before is charging road user real time. It means that there need to be some form of security (just like internet purchase). Otherwise, it could be hack or tap into.

For my 2nd concern, does it make sense to install detector for that 0.1%?

Technical issue is a major factor as it NEEDS $$ to overcome it.

If it is so simple, it would have been implemented liao.

For my 1st concern, It is true what you said. What has not been done before is charging road user real time. It means that there need to be some form of security (just like internet purchase). Otherwise, it could be hack or tap into.

For my 2nd concern, does it make sense to install detector for that 0.1%?

Technical issue is a major factor as it NEEDS $$ to overcome it.

The $$$ issue can be for sure easily earned back. I do not think its a doubt in anyone mind the amount of earning potiential.

But, you are right. There will be technical issues that will be tricky, which is why it will required a lot of work & testings. They could give you a monthly receipt, or you can go internet to track you movement etc to see if it correctly capture your journey. Maybe you need to verify monthly that the mileage is ok, before they extract money from you. Or if the mieage is unsually high, they will notify you & temporery bloack the transaction. Its not actually easy, but some form of security can be ironed out.

However the technical issues will eventually be overcome. Thats the bottom line.

As for the 2nd point, maybe they really only need to put a few on express ways, on certain stretches. The shear thought that you can be captured & punish is enough mostly, in an obedient country like Singapore.

It was said that most speed camera in UK are not working (dummy), but the shear thought that it could be working is enough to keep most people from speeding when they see one.

Please stop giving ideas to our government to charge us more [rifle]

Scholar has more ideas than us. Their job is to generate profit generating ideas.

There are other equipment needed other than installing a GPS device in a car. The GPS device is just a receiver that receive it's coordinate at it's current location. The coordinate needs to be transmit back to LTA for monitoring. Currently commercial tracking device uses a SIM card and telecom infrastructure. i.e. someone needs to subscribe to Singtel for a data plan for every car.

When we went on Holiday in New Zealand the diesel campervan had "road mileage" on the wheel hub...they charge per km there. Similar system in SG not difficult

When we went on Holiday in New Zealand the diesel campervan had "road mileage" on the wheel hub...they charge per km there. Similar system in SG not difficult

That is even more low tech. Juz look at the odo will be enough.

That is even more low tech. Juz look at the odo will be enough.

Of course - the challenge in SG is that how do you exclude MY mileage if just look at ODO - for the case there, we couldn't exactly drive across the Tasman Sea to Australia.

But yeah - I can imagine Satellite road pricing is the way to go - control traffic that way, make driving during rush hour really really expensive, but cheaper for off peak and make cars cheap cheap again

• Praise 1

the only flaw in your statement ... it aint gonna happen ... especially with 6.9M (more like 10M) population in a 700 square km land

Of course - the challenge in SG is that how do you exclude MY mileage if just look at ODO - for the case there, we couldn't exactly drive across the Tasman Sea to Australia.

But yeah - I can imagine Satellite road pricing is the way to go - control traffic that way, make driving during rush hour really really expensive, but cheaper for off peak and make cars cheap cheap again

Edited by Wt_know

Put these technology on airplanes first lah they need it more in case they went missing again. 1 car missing the most 4-5 ppl missing, 1 plane missing u are talkking about hundreds of ppl.

↡ Advertisement