Boy hurt by fallen glass door at Westgate mall

Darthrevan

Later fell down from tree fractured hand leg how? Go longkang later drown how?

call NEA lo...both under their care

PArent blame the tree for being too tall

Also blame longkang why got water

what I am impress was the 2 person there........

shouldn't they drop whatever they have on hand and try to move the glass away??? I can still see one auntie carry big and small using one hand to try to lift the glass.........for my size I still need 2 hands and 2 legs to do the job,,,,

her bag got Abalone...sibei ex

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Later fell down from tree fractured hand leg how? Go longkang later drown how?

Okok put sponge all over kiddo..plus safety helmet.

Or put him in space suit n keep at home.

Parent cannot b too protective else will harm their kid.

call NEA lo...both under their care

Tree Npark lah.... u hv not lim ur kopi??

CCTV angle is normally above at the ceiling level but this is eye level.

New type mounted on top of dust bin?

Sad to read that people are actually gloating over this mishap.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

Okok put sponge all over kiddo..plus safety helmet.

Or put him in space suit n keep at home.

Parent cannot b too protective else will harm their kid.

Tree Npark lah.... u hv not lim ur kopi??

kekek..i know N something ut dunno which N?? [:p][:p]

then if tree got dengue how? call NEA?

At least he knows what he is getting, playing with the door and got played by the door...

Saw one guy walk into the glass panel (cleaners fault!) and break the glass panel [laugh] [laugh]

Please kindly share the clip with someone that you care. I will defintely share it with my family and friends.

Whenever i see children near this type of door, the image of their hand caught / shear by the door will always haunt me... that is why i will make sure my children dun loiter around it.

Really heartache to see a child went thru this trauma. Hope he and his parent learn this lesson.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

kekek..i know N something ut dunno which N?? [:p][:p]

then if tree got dengue how? call NEA?

Tree must have Ponding equal to breeding ground for mozzie.

Knowing Them.... they will taichi back cos it is still Npak duty to check no hole for water to collect else they tio piak.

If the kid didn't mess with the door it won't happen. It's impossible to built everything to take care of misuse. Stress test done on the door? You got to be kidding right? Please let us know what type of products you buy and what level of safety so you demand on it and how much extra you will pay to demand the extra safety.

totally agree!

The one who took the video was there waiting for incident to happen .... :angry:

If CCTV, the video would be still and not moving at times.

Possible the door kana sabo .... :huh:

Edited by Picnic06

A four-year-old boy was hurt after a glass door at Westgate mall in Jurong East reportedly fell on top of him.
A member of the public who only wants to be known as "Paul" sent in photos of the aftermath. He says he heard from the boy's mother that the glass door - about three-metres high - just outside of NTUC's My First Skool childcare centre and a Fitness First gym, leading to the outdoor area on Level 5, detached and fell on top of the boy just before 6pm.
Mr Paul says the boy's entire body was pinned down by the door, and that he was lying facedown when he arrived shortly after. The boy's right cheek appeared to be bruised. There were also traces of blood on the ground.
"Because the glass door is tempered glass, it shattered within," said Mr Paul. He says two staff members from the nearby Westgate Kids Club brought a first aid kit to tend to the boy, and a doctor from a clinic one level down came up to assist as well.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) confirms it received a call on the incident at 6:05pm, and says the boy suffered a cut to the back of his head and reported having neck pains.
He was sent conscious to the National University Hospital, accompanied by his mother and mall staff.
A spokesperson for Westgate mall says the boy was swinging the glass door the time of the accident. "Our investigations revealed that the boy had over-extended the glass door when he swung it, causing it to hit the door frame and shatter," said Ms Mandy Chiu, the marketing communications manager for Westgate in a statement to Channel NewsAsia.
The boy remains in hospital for observation, but is in stable condition. "We wish him a speedy recovery, and continue to extend our help to him and his family," said Ms Chiu.
The mall's contractor will be conducting safety checks on its glass doors and panels overnight, to prevent a recurrence of such an incident.

honestly... I am a parent myself...the freaking mother is to be blame too...period

DUN KPKB.

• Praise 1

Haha... Kids will be kids. He's lucky he's not seriously hurt.

Hard to say. Neck injury can be a pain in the a$$. It may affect his growth. Glass door that height quite heavy.

1 door that I know no kids will be able to play is the cineleisure side door. So freaking heavy.

Supersonic

hence, the use of a stroller to strap a child on it. Sometimes, placing a young child in a stroller has such a strategic purpose.

Just like strapping a child in the child seat in car. Safety is important. I also use it for the purpose of keeping them in place. Inparticular, my elder w severe ADHD.

• Praise 2

The cctv playback probably zoomed in to the stupid parents' kid area. That's y only see the door, the camera probably covers a much bigger space. Most cams can do that.

• Praise 2

what I am impress was the 2 person there........

shouldn't they drop whatever they have on hand and try to move the glass away??? I can still see one auntie carry big and small using one hand to try to lift the glass.........for my size I still need 2 hands and 2 legs to do the job,,,,

agree. funny lot of aunties. bag got gold, mayb..

• Praise 2

Lampa lah, though the boy is like a monkey, where got such thing the glass door can give way. dun bs leh. The parents also Knn for not stopping the boy, that point one no argument. BUT for the door to just give way like dat. Please lah, This is lousy work done by the contractors. I say SUE them.. muahahahahah

honestly... I am a parent myself...the freaking mother is to be blame too...period

DUN KPKB.

i got a friend also leave his kids running around the pool side while he busy talking to chio bu at the other end [rolleyes][rolleyes]