2015 Volvo S60

Angcheek

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying what the do is right. I'm a consumer too.

What I'm saying is with these marketing gimmicks nowadays, one just can't take advertisement as it is.

Like many people say before, if it sounds too good to be true, probably it is.

Yup. I agree with you.

The advertisement reads this way:

"Your Volvo S60.

From just $139,999 for selected units. $5,000 increase thereafter"

What do you read from the above?

What i inferred was that there are certain units (maybe showroom/testdrive units) that cost $139,999. However, I dont know what the additional $5,000 would get me.

Could anyone who visited the showroom advise?

To add:

"Exhilaration shifts up a notch with the New Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E. Our best-selling sports sedan, now geared with the revolutionary new Drive-E engine. Completely engineered and built in Sweden, it delivers 245bhp and 350Nm of torque for performance that’s nothing less than perfect. Also available with the fuel-efficient turbodiesel engine. Get your heart racing at the Volvo showroom now."

I would expect the advertisement to be for the S60 T5 Drive-E. The diesel version, i understand from some that the above promotion was for the diesel version. Hmm.

↡ Advertisement

Yup. I agree with you.

The advertisement reads this way:

"Your Volvo S60.

From just $139,999 for selected units. $5,000 increase thereafter"

What do you read from the above?

What i inferred was that there are certain units (maybe showroom/testdrive units) that cost $139,999. However, I dont know what the additional $5,000 would get me.

Could anyone who visited the showroom advise?

To add:

"Exhilaration shifts up a notch with the New Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E. Our best-selling sports sedan, now geared with the revolutionary new Drive-E engine. Completely engineered and built in Sweden, it delivers 245bhp and 350Nm of torque for performance that’s nothing less than perfect. Also available with the fuel-efficient turbodiesel engine. Get your heart racing at the Volvo showroom now."

I would expect the advertisement to be for the S60 T5 Drive-E. The diesel version, i understand from some that the above promotion was for the diesel version. Hmm.

What I read is, $139,999 for the selected units. (Probably those test drive cars/lower end specs).

The next spec in line would be $5,000 more than $139,999 but not limited to $144,999.

I do agree that the advertisement is confusing and misleading. But what I gathered does not matter. Because ultimately is what they can offer.

Advertisement nowadays, is for me just to see what is the chio-est look of a car can be.

i hate such misleading advertisements.

waste people's time going down/calling up.

hehe,

this is their sales strategy, tempt you came the showroom,

Anyone has tested the new S60 ? Saw the Promo price and the power looks good !

I tested drive XC60 T5Drive-E, same engine as S60 T5Drive-E,

only impressed me is its responsive engine, no other attractive point,

245bhp engine only 5 bhp more than previous version, but it's not obvious feeling,

SE told me this new engine was developed by Volve itself instead of previous joint venture ford engine, so got much better FC, plus 8 speed GB, further improve FC,

and next year volve will tune this engine to 300bhp and equip to new XC90

What I read is, $139,999 for the selected units. (Probably those test drive cars/lower end specs).

The next spec in line would be $5,000 more than $139,999 but not limited to $144,999.

I do agree that the advertisement is confusing and misleading. But what I gathered does not matter. Because ultimately is what they can offer.

Advertisement nowadays, is for me just to see what is the chio-est look of a car can be.

Second hand S60 D2 is more expensive: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=420988&DL=2038

• Praise 1

(edited)

8 Spd GB is kind of the new 'in' thing like BMW. or they just follow and then also used the same FC figures ? lol

The thing I still cant accept is their out dated console .... Not nice at all.

Also, such misleading adv will backfire ...... not a good strategy.

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 3

I read in a UK magazine that the new 2.0 drive-E D4 engine will be common to all volvo in coming years. Volvo only want to keep one engine block and give it different tune, apparently they can save millions by only manufacturing one engine that way.

The car tested by the magazine was a V40 driver-E and the reviewer was totally impressed by the car.

• Praise 1

Reviving this thread as I am now driving a S60 D2 model. So far very satisfied with the consumption and no problem hitting pass 1000km per tank. Power wise not an issue to me. Very good torque at low rpm. There is definitely more than sufficient power to pull ahead when at stand still. Engine noise is acceptable, quiet in fact during normal driving. Only when accelerating hard (turbo kicks in?) it becomes noisy.

• Praise 1

Reviving this thread as I am now driving a S60 D2 model. So far very satisfied with the consumption and no problem hitting pass 1000km per tank. Power wise not an issue to me. Very good torque at low rpm. There is definitely more than sufficient power to pull ahead when at stand still. Engine noise is acceptable, quiet in fact during normal driving. Only when accelerating hard (turbo kicks in?) it becomes noisy.

1000km per tank! good FC,

tot you monthly fuel cost less than $100? great buy even if it's expensive than B&B car

1000km per tank! good FC,

tot you monthly fuel cost less than $100? great buy even if it's expensive than B&B car

My average monthly mileage is about 2,500km so fuel cost will be more than that

Listed price is 198k

With overtrade of 20k =178k

Ha! The "Over-trade" trick that the dealrs have been using for years to circumvent MAS loan restrictions..... ALIVE & KICKING! cos someone is sleeping....

But still have to cough out 89k upfront to pay downpayment. Wish the government will remove this 50% thingy

then more pple can afford to buy then COE goes up as demand increases...

then more pple can afford to buy then COE goes up as demand increases...

Yeah. But its causing younger gen to be unable to afford a car and the minister claims car will go out of fashion.