Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?

SGCM_editorial

Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. At $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Porsche Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

• Yes
    • No

now then i âtrulyâ understand why 911 is so expensive

from the exterior ... man on the street definitely see R8 and GT is one notch above Porsche 911

The R8 is a proper exotic, certainly the V10 plus version is properly fast.

It's only most Maseratis that are too slow to be in the top league of performance marques/models.

And I think Porsches in Singapore are relatively overpriced, at least that's the impression I got when I looked at the pricing here vs overseas.

↡ Advertisement

Keyless entry is packaged in the price as listed in Singapore. I am sure this should be the case for Macan Base as well.

Start/Stop: Porsche never went for button. There is a hole for your original key fob to get inserted to turn it ON/OFF like olden time. Alternatively, you can get a dummy head inserted and left there for you to turn ON/OFF with original key in pocket.

This is something i couldnt find anywhere ... Does the macan do Keyless entry and Keyless Start/Stop?

One of the reasons could be complete maintenance (minus the tyres) are packaged for 5 years like Munich does.

Apart from that they have demand and going slow and steady also.

The R8 is a proper exotic, certainly the V10 plus version is properly fast.

It's only most Maseratis that are too slow to be in the top league of performance marques/models.

And I think Porsches in Singapore are relatively overpriced, at least that's the impression I got when I looked at the pricing here vs overseas.

• Praise 1

now then i âtrulyâ understand why 911 is so expensive

from the exterior ... man on the street definitely see Audi R8 and Maserati GT is one notch above Porsche 911

Because the R8 and Maser looks and sounds louder that a 911

yeah yeah ... at traffic light can catch 1 porky

please no more buy porky ... muahahaha

I agree with you. No one should buy. Already over crowded.

Went to the dealership yesterday, there was no car there to see unfortunately, so came back empty handed with a brochure. Had a sit down and spoke about the car. Potentially can test drive in Feb 2019.

Went to the dealership yesterday, there was no car there to see unfortunately, so came back empty handed with a brochure. Had a sit down and spoke about the car. Potentially can test drive in Feb 2019.

will u consider RR Velar or nothing but macan?

There's actually a Macan in Dolomite Silver for preview at the showroom. Perhaps it's only available for those who already made the booking.

Official launch is during Singapore Motor Show. First batch of customers will also collect their car during the launch event.

• Praise 2

There's actually a Macan in Dolomite Silver for preview at the showroom. Perhaps it's only available for those who already made the booking.

Official launch is during Singapore Motor Show. First batch of customers will also collect their car during the launch event.

Good to hear that Porsche is attending the event again for next year.  [thumbsup]

This is something i couldnt find anywhere ... Does the macan do Keyless entry and Keyless Start/Stop?

Yes of cos they have Keyless Entry like most high end cars nowadays.  Put yr finger on the door handle n it unlocks th car.

The start/stop is a switch lever on the centre console, one of the many array of buttons if yr car is full of options.  press the lever n the start/stop is activated.  Just like all German cars.

↡ Advertisement