Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?

SGCM_editorial

Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. At $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Porsche Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

• Yes
    • No

Hi, may I ask if there is a forum for porsche around in SG where drivers can exchange views or mods? Tried searching but no result.

https://www.porscheclub.org.sg

you need to be verify as a porsche car owner

you need to contact the admin to join the club

Edited by Wt_know

Back in 2014 when I first tested the Macan S, I was quite convinced that it will be the SUV for me when the day comes for me to look for a mid-size SUV.

However, fast forward to 2018/9, I am not so convinced if this is still the case. At the price point of low $300k, IMO there are couple of mid-size SUVs that drives equally well compared with the Macan S - the ones in mind will be the M40i for the X4 (looks highly subjective) and X3 which I had the opportunity to test drive them. Couple of other factors that tip the scale towards the BMW for me are:

1) Century sprint on paper looks really good at 4.8s - butt test felt good too [laugh]

2) Better equipment level; at low of $300k, that will probably only get you the base Macan S + COE.

3) More spacious at the rear seating + boot space (able to fit my bulky e-golf cart + cart bag [:)])

4) M Sports exhaust sounds quite decent (PSE too but that will be a added option - i.e. $$)

5) Adaptive M suspension makes the ride sporty but yet comfortable and not too harsh even with the 21"

Didn't try the Merc equivalent but based on the reviews online, they seem to be quite comparable as well.

But if moola is no issue and passion is still for a Porky, Macan S + a few of the key add-ons wouldn't be a bad choice :a-m1212:

Enjoy car shopping!

• Praise 3

Porsche Club Singapore is not a forum, but it is a club, meaning there is no online discussions.

Hi, may I ask if there is a forum for porsche around in SG where drivers can exchange views or mods? Tried searching but no result.

There is no local forum. Not much difference between Stuttgart and others if you buy OEM wheels. Actually most of the OEMs supplied by BBS only.

21 RS is 15k  [:(]

Yeah. Is there any with forums discussion? Looking for macan rims.

There is no local forum. Not much difference between Stuttgart and others if you buy OEM wheels. Actually most of the OEMs supplied by BBS only.

21 RS is 15k  [:(]

I rem seeing a lot of local active in an international porky forum.  Can't rem the name

21 RS is 15k [:(]

Yeah. Might pay south east tyre for a visit to see their BBS rims.

Yeah. Is there any with forums discussion? Looking for macan rims.

can try hurry tyre in mackenzie road. recalled seeing a few porsche rims on display

• Praise 1

can try hurry tyre in mackenzie road. recalled seeing a few porsche rims on display

yes. check with Tristan

there are macan 20/21 inch wheel ready set with tyres [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1