Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?

SGCM_editorial

Is the new Porsche Macan a good buy?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. At $218,888 (w/o COE), do you think the Porsche Macan 2.0 is a good buy?

• Yes
    • No

Hypersonic

if I had the cash.. I'll rather take Cayenne..

Absolutely. The Cayenne looks much more classy than this Macan. The name itself sounds weak :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

in SUV class, especially ADW type, not 1.3 ton,

so far the best power/weight ratio AWD SUV is Subaru Forester, 240bhp/1.63 ton

Well they sold out the initial 50,000 run and have a waiting list a year long so they must be doing something right

Absolutely. The Cayenne looks much more classy than this Macan. The name itself sounds weak :wacko:

Haha.. Yeah man. It's as handsome as ever.. The macan really sound like other car can makan it 😳😳

Hypersonic

Haha.. Yeah man. It's as handsome as ever.. The macan really sound like other car can makan it 😳😳

Sure tio makan on the road by other cars [laugh] [laugh]

Yes, the Macan will be underpowered (relative) in my opinion; comparing it to the Q5 (sgcarmart price of $254k before nego), it is about $30k more. However, I believe the following factors will cover the premium thus making my answer a yes to TS' question:

1) the 5 years warranty/maintenance program from Stuttgart;

2) the drive is more engaging with a Porky - tested SQ5 and Macan S.

However, if I ever want to go back to SUV driving, I will consider either the Macan S or Cayenne, diesel for both. Will most likely choose Cayenne more so for its size as the Macan is really compact but should be ok for children at the back. Like I mentioned before, the torque from the diesel is wonderful in moving this load and perfect for the city-state driving. In addition, you save some dough with the CEV rebate (the Macan S diesel is 9k cheaper than Macan S) which can be spent on more options like PASM, etc? But now with the PSE being made available but only for the Macan S petrol, that might swing my opinion to give up the diesel as the exhaust sound from the PSE is music to the ears :wub: !

I found in MCF rare really understand SUV, they used sedan criteria to commnet SUV,

only interested in bhp, sprint etc, but not Drivstrain, AWD, Suspension, Departure/Approach angle etc off road functions, rare can tell why Audi Quattro and Subaru Symmetrical are lead AWD system,

I found in MCF rare really understand SUV, they used sedan criteria to commnet SUV,

only interested in bhp, sprint etc, but not Drivstrain, AWD, Suspension, Departure/Approach angle etc off road functions, rare can tell why Audi Quattro and Subaru Symmetrical are lead AWD system,

SG got need for AWD & offroad meh? unless u go boleh offroad all d time?

Not a lot of ppl understand AWD system lah. Audi & Subaru is leading as they believe in the system early on.

SUV nowadays are like sedan. In fact, some of it don't even have 4WD/AWD.

No need offroad lah. Onroad also important. Wet road/cup corner & etc.

ahemmmm......u comparing a subaru forestor to a porsche macan?? [dizzy][dizzy]

HooHoo.....Some only go for hp. More hp means good, lousy hp means no good car. If like that some branded models has to close shop.

Most SUVs nowadays designed for the urban jungle. It's more of a rugged MPV than offroader.

AWD + better grip is always welcomed.

ahemmmm......u comparing a subaru forestor to a porsche macan?? [dizzy][dizzy]

no lah, I just cite forestor to criticize those who only care engine bhp instead of suv basic functions,

how can forestor comparing macan, only porsche badge cost $130K more already :D

Most SUVs nowadays designed for the urban jungle. It's more of a rugged MPV than offroader.

AWD + better grip is always welcomed.

i used to be very into AWD, DOHC, dual clutch, high rev V8 etc etc... then after owning a few sports cars, its really a waste of engineering coz i hardly got to push my cars to any limit here plus i dont have much time to go boleh.

95% of SG only need electronic stability control & FWD IMO. RWD & AWD is extra weight carried ard & not put to enuff use here. If go boleh often is different

• Praise 2

i used to be very into AWD, DOHC, dual clutch, high rev V8 etc etc... then after owning a few sports cars, its really a waste of engineering coz i hardly got to push my cars to any limit here plus i dont have much time to go boleh.

95% of SG only need electronic stability control & FWD IMO. RWD & AWD is extra weight carried ard & not put to enuff use here. If go boleh often is different

You can always go to 99 bends or Neo Tiew Road.

There is no such thing as don't have much time to go boleh.

I ever drove to Yong Peng for lunch, Kluang for tea & back in Sg for dinner.

Can a Kia be as safe as a Porsche? 246368ce-aebc-40bf-b5c0-208655d97911_yahCarBuyer Singapore – Fri, Dec 5, 2014

Does price or a premium badge necessarily correlate with crash safety these days?

IN A CAR crash, which would you rather take your chances with, a Kia or a Porsche? As far as the two brands’ Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) go, there is actually very little to choose between them.

That’s the conclusion from EuroNCAP’s latest round of collision testing, in which the 2015 Kia Sorento and Porsche Macan were both awarded five-star scores, the highest rating.

MORE: Watch EuroNCAP crash its first Porsche

Other SUVs were also given five-star ratings by the testing body. The Land Rover Discovery Sport, a seven-seater car that will be launched here next year, and the Lexus NX (pictured below) both passed EuroNCAP’s battery of crash tests with flying colours.

The latest tests show that price is not necessarily an indication of crashworthiness.

The diesel version of the Kia Sorento was assessed, and in some ways found to outscore the Macan, the first-ever Porsche tested by EuroNCAP. A Macan costs $218,888 here without COE, with the Kia most likely costing less than half that amount (excluding COE) when it’s launched here next year.

The Korean car (above, tested with six airbags) achieved the maximum score in tough side-impact collision tests and was given a marginally higher rating than the Porsche for adult occupant protection, while the German car was rated more highly for child protection.

MORE: How Porsche wooed 1,000 VIPs with the new Macan

That said, it is still not the case that safety can be taken for granted.

EuroNCAP gave the Dacia Logan MCV just three stars, and said that in the frontal collision test “the passenger compartment suffered extensive deformation and could clearly not withstand any further loading.” It rated the driver’s chest protection performance as “weak”.

Dacia is Renault’s low-cost brand for budget-minded customers. Its cars are not sold in Singapore.

EuroNCAP has a database of the cars it has tested on its website that should serve as a useful guide for safety rankings if you’re choosing a new car.

The scores pertain to specific versions of each model, so be sure to tally their rankings with the Singapore specifications; a model sold here with fewer airbags than the one tested by EuroNCAP would not perform as well in a crash.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/kia-safe-porsche-214348931.html

Don't know if Macan is a good buy but 2015 Kia Sorento sure is a good buy

:D

post-23002-0-01222300-1417924413.jpg

post-23002-0-50694900-1417924417.jpg

Still waiting for the results of the XC90 from EuroNCAP :D Though, I'm pretty sure it'll top the Macan, since the Kia had a higher score.

Edited by Holdenutessv
  • Praise 3