Kindly educate on opening car doors

Icedbs

Turbocharged

Hi all,

May urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

Thanks and please spread the word.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Supercharged

You need to park in the middle of 2 parking lots, so no other vehicle will park near yours and their swing doors can't hurt yours, too.

Or park in those "Family Lots" in some shopping mall like IKEA, City Square, etc....These lots are bigger.

Otherwise, live with it lah. Its part and parcel of car ownership.

• Praise 9

Hi all,

May urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

Thanks and please spread the word.

some times it's vans, lorries driver and passenger

• Praise 4

i thought you drive a tank? :huh:

The Tank only operates on Weekends, when the whole family is going out ... Otherwise, 1 Person drive van more convenient ... easy to park also ... No need to be at the mercy of other motorist ... I Like ... [laugh]

Supercharged

some times it's vans, lorries driver and passenger

If you park beside a van or lorry (eg. Cabstar, Dyna), be extra careful cos their lower edge of their doors when open will hit your car window (at that height) and if strong force may even smashed the glass.

This is my observation and when I had to park beside these tall vehicles, I would try to adjust my car so its swing doors won't hit my car windows...

[sweatdrop]

Guess this is part and parcel of owning a car. Cant possibility avoid others people hitting your car door when they open theirs.

• Praise 1

The Tank only operates on Weekends, when the whole family is going out ... Otherwise, 1 Person drive van more convenient ... easy to park also ... No need to be at the mercy of other motorist ... I Like ... [laugh]

no wonder so many cars suffer unnecessary dents, you are the root cause :D

Turbocharged
(edited)

TS, please don't feel stress over such stuff [;)]

No I don't. I have enough dents on my doors to stress over such things.

But we have to think, can such dents be avoidable easily? Or it is totally inevitable, just like there must be wear and tear on parts if we drive.

IMO, a simple act of consideration would have avoided dozens of such unnecessary dents and scuffs. Is it too much to ask for? Or must we accept a driving society that is totally void of basic and simple consideration for others?

I think we can all be better than that if we choose to.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

no wonder so many cars suffer unnecessary dents, you are the root cause :D

Its not me lar ... I usually leave my Van to the Valet ... :D

No I don't. I have enough dents on my doors to stress over such things.

But we have to think, can such dents be avoidable easily? Or it is totally inevitable, just like there must be wear and tear on parts if we drive.

IMO, a simple act of consideration would have avoided dozens of such unnecessary dents and scuffs. Is it too much to ask for? Our must we accept a driving society that is totally void of basic and simple consideration for others?

I think we can all be better than that if we choose to.

I have a friend who resprays his car every 2 years ... Doesn't even polish his car ... Just wash ... After 2 years, just Respray & get rid of all the dents & scratches ...

Turbocharged
(edited)

Guess this is part and parcel of owning a car. Cant possibility avoid others people hitting your car door when they open theirs.

Can't possibly avoid? Well I always avoid hitting other cars!

It is really a matter of being careful and considerate. It's not a universal law that our door must always hit other cars when we open them.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1