Kindly educate on opening car doors

Icedbs

Actually they can allocate time slots if the residents' car usage timing is consistent everyday. Can help to save some time. 

If every residents' car usage is consistent everyday, then how they allocate time slot le?

↡ Advertisement

If every residents' car usage is consistent everyday, then how they allocate time slot le?

Not everyone comes out at the same exact time le.

I never try those automatic mechanical parking, but i can imagine when retrieving the car confirmed it will be very slow. So if they introduce such system in HDB carpark, if start work at 8am, think need to leave house to collect car at 6am! Lol.

yes, tried once at Changi V for the novelty. parking rate is same as normal HDB carpark, but need to queue to collect car. about 15mins wait. can imagine if normal residential estate, dont know need to wait how long... 

Just got one today.

Parked car at daughter's school, while about to walk her to school, a father with 2 kids start car next to mine.

One of the kid swung open the left dear door and hit my car.

I took a deep breath and carry on walking daughter to school.

Letting my girl's chatter drown out the negative vibes.

chill bro... 

Just a question. If we use those automatically mechanical parking such as the one in changi village. It should be almost zero chances of getting hit by other car door no matter how poor we Park inside the lift right?

yeah...confirm ZERO...unless got hantu play the car doors laa..... [laugh] but super long wait Q esp peak periods and weekends [thumbsdown]

Edited by Blublak

yes, tried once at Changi V for the novelty. parking rate is same as normal HDB carpark, but need to queue to collect car. about 15mins wait. can imagine if normal residential estate, dont know need to wait how long...

chill bro...

Does the parking rates increasing while 15mins waiting for the car?

Does the parking rates increasing while 15mins waiting for the car?

iirc the parking gantry is on the outside of the auto MSCP, so yes the 15mins is included into the parking time... 

yeah...confirm ZERO...unless got hantu play the car doors laa..... [laugh] but super long wait Q esp peak periods and weekends [thumbsdown]

Need to install more doors to allow more cars to enter and come out at the same time.

I just kena this the other day. I am the 1 in the wrong but the incident left a bad taste.

Accidentally open the door and hit the door of the car parked beside, aldy waved my hand to apologise (owner in the car), the owner behave like 3rd world also.. immediately come out of his car and shout at me... lol   Further insist that a scratch on his car door is due to me. (I dont think i hit his door THAT hard)

I asked him how we wanna settle? Wanna claim me for this shit?

He LL then bang his door against mine... like that he also songz.. When he bang his door against mine he also dont dare to bang hard... I also dunno whether to cry or laugh at him..

Driver was driving an AUDI. Pls hv some class.

If someone accidentally drop your phone, will u feel anything?

No right? Why? bcos the phone is just a thing to you and you can replace anytime.

Similarly a car is also just a thing and a means of transportation. Pls stop treating it like some kind of treasure bcos it is not and reflects that u cant afford to drive it also. (ok sorry I may have gone a bit far with this.)

Yes, phone can be replaced anytime. But the person who dropped it should be responsible for the replacement.

Just a question. If we use those automatically mechanical parking such as the one in changi village. It should be almost zero chances of getting hit by other car door no matter how poor we Park inside the lift right?

The uncle working there told me some drivers forget to pull hand brake, then self-langa in the lift.  [laugh] 

I like to park there during day time where it's not so crowded. No heat, no car door dents, and no bird shit.

I just kena this the other day. I am the 1 in the wrong but the incident left a bad taste.

Accidentally open the door and hit the door of the car parked beside, aldy waved my hand to apologise (owner in the car), the owner behave like 3rd world also.. immediately come out of his car and shout at me... lol   Further insist that a scratch on his car door is due to me. (I dont think i hit his door THAT hard)

He LL then bang his door against mine... like that he also songz.. When he bang his door against mine he also dont dare to bang hard... I also dunno whether to cry or laugh at him..

No right? Why? bcos the phone is just a thing to you and you can replace anytime.

Similarly a car is also just a thing and a means of transportation. Pls stop treating it like some kind of treasure bcos it is not and reflects that u cant afford to drive it also. (ok sorry I may have gone a bit far with this.)

You must understand there are all kinds of people in the world. I'm the kind of person that is emotionally attached to my purchases and will baby them be it a $10, $1k or $100k item. Maybe I'm poor and can't afford it like you say, but just because you think it that way doesn't mean everyone should.

If my car kenna knocked, I would appreciate it if you apologized and offer to pay. If the damage is small and if you're sincere, then nvm because people makes mistakes. Whether it's scratched by you or not is easy to check by reopening the door to match the damage.

Lastly, I have to say that the Audi driver's method to getting back is just stupid.

• Praise 1

You must understand there are all kinds of people in the world. I'm the kind of person that is emotionally attached to my purchases and will baby them be it a $10, $1k or $100k item. Maybe I'm poor and can't afford it like you say, but just because you think it that way doesn't mean everyone should.

If my car kenna knocked, I would appreciate it if you apologized and offer to pay. If the damage is small and if you're sincere, then nvm because people makes mistakes. Whether it's scratched by you or not is easy to check by reopening the door to match the damage.

Lastly, I have to say that the Audi driver's method to getting back is just stupid.

I don't see why he can't treasure his car just because you don't. Whatever the brand, a car is an expensive asset in Singapore that we spend our hard earned money on. For some car lovers, seeing their cars brings a priceless smile to their faces.

If in your opinion, an Audi driver should not value his car so much, then those of us driving cheaper cars should not even bother spending extra effort and time to maintain our rides in good condition because they are just a "thing" at the end of the day. 

Have some respect for others' property.   

• Praise 2

The uncle working there told me some drivers forget to pull hand brake, then self-langa in the lift.  [laugh] 

I like to park there during day time where it's not so crowded. No heat, no car door dents, and no bird shit.

Nice advice.  :a-m1212:

Problem is human beings, not door design

yes agreed with you, but not all humans can be educated well on opening car doors, but car makers can make sliding doors....lol

Problem is human beings, not door design

Human being are the one that design the cars also.   [scholar]

Some cars have sliding doors for the rear, but the front still open outwards.

Only those lux sport car have door that slide upwards

Supercharged

Human being are the one that design the cars also.   [scholar]

Some cars have sliding doors for the rear, but the front still open outwards.

Only those lux sport car have door that slide upwards

An easy fix is to have a rubber bumper fixed on the edge of the doors which can cushion the swings of door on others. And i dont see how much added cost that would be.

TBH we sgrean are a bit more anal about the paint work of our cars, me included. 

↡ Advertisement