Kindly educate on opening car doors

Icedbs

Park your car at your private CP at all time, you will be very sure that your car will not be hurt at all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hi all,

May urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

Thanks and please spread the word.

it's just a car lah bro.

get over it . there are more impt things in life to worry about that a ding on your door lah.

[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Park your car at your private CP at all time, you will be very sure that your car will not be hurt at all.

Please give a more useful comment please.....

I know many drivers educate their friends, family members, etc not to slam their own car doors. If they can do this for their own cars, what is so difficult about educating them not to hit other car doors that is parked beside them?

Strangely, nobody tells me that having their own door slammed hard everytime is part and parcel of driving and having passengers.

• Praise 1

in my HDB MSCP, one car always park in a single lot, both side is isolated by pillers,

problem is have to be patient while parking :D

Please give a more useful comment please.....

I know many drivers educate their friends, family members, etc not to slam their own car doors. If they can do this for their own cars, what is so difficult about educating them not to hit other car doors that is parked beside them?

Strangely, nobody tells me that having their own door slammed hard everytime is part and parcel of driving and having passengers.

How more useful comment you want to hear?

Can you educate the sky not rain when you drive so that your car is free of rainwater?

Can you educate the ground not produce any dust when you drive so that your car is free of dust?

Can you educate the whole world not to touch your car when your car is out for parade?

Come on la.. that is a car..

Even you get dirty and ugly after shower and make-up ma.. [furious]

Edited by L23

Turbocharged
(edited)

it's just a car lah bro.

get over it . there are more impt things in life to worry about that a ding on your door lah.

[laugh][laugh]

Wah low.....I have no stress over such things having been driving for 2 decades.

But that does not mean we choose to accept it when it can be totally avoidable. More so when all it takes is just being considerate. If this is just a minor issue among a minor crowd, then no problem. But I am seeing such inconsiderate acts being very rampant thesedays.

2 days ago, I saw a driver opening his door so hard that it hit the Altis parked beside him. I was at the opposite parking bay. I walked over and tell him nicely that he could have open it softly without banging the car beside him. It left a small dent on the Altis door. I asked him how would he feel if the dent is on his door. He didn't answer and drove off. I think he knew what I meant.

Edited by Icedbs

Supercharged

2 days ago, I saw a driver opening his door so hard that it hit the Altis parked beside him. I was at the opposite parking bay. I walked over and tell him nicely that he could have open it softly without banging the car beside him. It left a small dent on the Altis door. I told him how could he has felt if the dent is on his door. He didn't answer and drove off. I think he knew what I meant.

He tot you know the Altis car owner....probably. [laugh]

Turbocharged

How more useful comment you want to hear?

Can you educate the sky not rain when you drive so that your car is free of rainwater?

Can you educate the ground not produce any dust when you drive so that your car is free of dust?

Can you educate the whole world not to touch your car when your car is out for parade?

Come on la.. that is a car..

Even you get dirty and ugly after shower and make-up ma.. [furious]

Please differentiate between inevitable and totally avoidable.

Supercharged

Any courses to attend? :D

Attend (or perform) intercourse is best. It could take away the stress from you.... [:p]

• Praise 1

Please differentiate between inevitable and totally avoidable.

Define totally avoidable then...

If this term exist, you will not see accidents every day bro...

All cars owners can and SHOULD take extra care when opening their doors but it is inevitable that you will get surface damages sooner or later.

Resistance is futile.

I try to park my car in those individual carpark lots in my own mscp still got 10-20 such dings. But unless your car never travel out and stays in the lot all the time, you will still get dings here and there. Accidents do happen.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Define totally avoidable then...

If this term exist, you will not see accidents every day bro...

Totally avoidable means to practice a basic act of consideration when opening doors, such that it doesn't hit the car beside. If most can do this, then dents on door is totally avoidable regardless where you park.

You don't need skill, strong spatial awareness, or keen sense of touch. You just need to have a value of being considerate.

Too much to ask for?

I stressed out too when a car just parked next to me, having just parked mine. Always tell me kids remain in the car until the other car's driver and occupants leaves theirs.

Then tell mine to O P E N T H E D O O R S S L O W L Y N C A R E F U L L Y [sweatdrop]

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 2

When i bought my 1st car, i went back to AD to ask for some touch up paint for the very 1st ding caused by a F***ing lorry.. and when a friend tells me this... "the exterior of your car belongs to the public and only the interior belong to you"... i gave up...

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

blame the govt for drawing such a small lot.

nowadays cars getting bigger in size.

I love the parking lots at the shopping centre beside buona Visa MRT

They draw the car park lots and leave a parallel space in between both ways (Thumbs Up)

• Praise 1

Supercharged

that is why i drive an old car.

dent also not so heart pain.

think of it this way, it is just a chunk of metal and plastics at the end of 10 years. not something you are gonna be keeping for your grand children.

so live and let live.

that way, you won't be so upset when you see a dent. or a scratch for that matter.

Cuss and swear about it. sleep it off and tomolo is another day.

• Praise 2