Kindly educate on opening car doors

Icedbs

if i have to be stressed over dings, i probably would reported strength to Radx already

somemore my car has sliding doors behind. cannot take revenge and bang back on the other car

:D

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

May urge every MCF members here to educate their friends, colleagues, kids, relatives, spouse, in-laws, etc when come to opening car doors. Kindly tell them to open slowly and not to hit their doors onto the cars parked beside them. This is really an act of being considerate and civilised, and such values should start from simple acts such as this.

Many car owners suffers unnecessary dents, dings, scuffs, scratches, etc all because of inconsiderate people when opening their car doors. It is not difficult to open slowly and avoid banging their doors onto the car parked beside. If everyone can do this mindfully, our driving stress will cut down a notch because we know we have considerate drivers around us who will take care of our parking environment.

Thanks and please spread the word.

Sometimes even when you are in the car itself, these inconsiderate people simply open their door and hit yours without bothering. Although some might say sorry thereafter but what is the use? Can you hit back and say sorry to them too ;P

• Praise 1

If on tight space, i would open the door slowly until it hit the car beside gently then i come out.

Well I did that once before cos I believe that a soft touch is better than leaving a gap with the possibility of my kids swinging the door out with a hard impact. But the owner happened to come back to his car, kpkb & stared at his car looking for ding. Obviously there was none as it was just a slight lean on his door. I gave him a wtf look & drove off!!

Edited by Karu

Bro....I have no doubt that you will be pretty delicate over such things.

Simply because you are a watch lover .... :D

I tend to notice that people who love luxury watches or finer things in life are very delicate when handling expensive equipments and objects. They understood the pain of "mishandling" whether it is on their own or others. I have another friend who is into collecting pens and he too is very careful when driving (too careful sometimes, I think) and opening his door.

Actually, mate, i am not delicate.

If you see my watches, they are full of "character", heh.

I dont baby them but yes i do take care of things in general .

I just dont do to others what you dont want others to do to you.

Living in SG is really quite stressful and cramp already....

Cheers

• Praise 1

You need to park in the middle of 2 parking lots, so no other vehicle will park near yours and their swing doors can't hurt yours, too.

Or park in those "Family Lots" in some shopping mall like IKEA, City Square, etc....These lots are bigger.

Otherwise, live with it lah. Its part and parcel of car ownership in Singapore.

:D

• Praise 4

Please give a more useful comment please.....

I know many drivers educate their friends, family members, etc not to slam their own car doors. If they can do this for their own cars, what is so difficult about educating them not to hit other car doors that is parked beside them?

Strangely, nobody tells me that having their own door slammed hard everytime is part and parcel of driving and having passengers.

I always park corner unless really no choice I will try parking as center of the lot. Parallel parking also good way to avoid.

There was once an s class park beside me, very old ah ma saw me in the car and try to be very careful but end up still bang my door real hard accidentally.....

Given that my door metal really soft, no dent or scratch at all.

Sometimes the problem ae with the car doors itself, they have catch at different angel. Which even when you are really careful, the door automatically go to the catch location. One of such car with very wide catch is the Citroën berlingo which I always avoid parking bedside them.

• Praise 1

Once I was waiting in my car at Mustafa and this ABNN hail a cab while "driving" her trolley almost hitting the cars parked along the side.

A cab stop just on my right and that farking ABNN swing open the door causing a dent as I felt the door hit my upper fender. [whip]

Got off my car and wanted to fark them when they got into the cab and create a second dent. [smash]

I fark them upside down and inside out. [furious]

• Praise 4

Strangely, nobody tells me that having their own door slammed hard everytime is part and parcel of driving and having passengers.

my passengers always close my car door so softly cannot close fully, I always tell them "slam the door harder la! no eat rice ah!" [grin]

• Praise 1

Well I did that once before cos I believe that a soft touch is better than leaving a gap with the possibility of my kids swinging the door out with a hard impact. But the owner happened to come back to his car, kpkb & stared at his car looking for ding. Obviously there was none as it was just a slight lean on his door. I gave him a wtf look & drove off!!

Yah by doing that it wont leave an impact which can scratch or dent on the other car door

my passengers always close my car door so softly cannot close fully, I always tell them "slam the door harder la! no eat rice ah!" [grin]

How about if ur boss who slam ur car door? What u will tell him?

Once I was waiting in my car at Mustafa and this ABNN hail a cab while "driving" her trolley almost hitting the cars parked along the side.

A cab stop just on my right and that farking ABNN swing open the door causing a dent as I felt the door hit my upper fender. [whip]

Got off my car and wanted to fark them when they got into the cab and create a second dent. [smash]

I fark them upside down and inside out. [furious]

Dunno u interested in ABNN, fark upside down inside out lol

I always park corner unless really no choice I will try parking as center of the lot. Parallel parking also good way to avoid.

There was once an s class park beside me, very old ah ma saw me in the car and try to be very careful but end up still bang my door real hard accidentally.....

Given that my door metal really soft, no dent or scratch at all.

Sometimes the problem ae with the car doors itself, they have catch at different angel. Which even when you are really careful, the door automatically go to the catch location. One of such car with very wide catch is the Citroën berlingo which I always avoid parking bedside them.

Yes so if in tight space i put my fingers on tip of my car door so as not to hit other car door.

Vans won't get dented one meh? What van you drive

Alphard, his van super easily get dent on lol

Sometimes even when you are in the car itself, these inconsiderate people simply open their door and hit yours without bothering. Although some might say sorry thereafter but what is the use? Can you hit back and say sorry to them too ;P

actually yes you can [grin]

My previous avante 4 years only 1 paintless dent. Dunno is heng or wad. But I do choose lots at the corners which I can park closer to if possible.

Edited by GLZT

Supercharged

Now I know why some cars in my MSCP prefer to drive all the way up 4th, 5th floor to park, even thou up to 3rd floor already got many parking lots available. [laugh]

Turbocharged

most of the time at shopping centre, these ding and dong are causes by those kayu or bochap driver who don't even bothered to park properly within their lot.

either out of the box or touching the line on the lot.

I just give them a double hard swing on the door to remember.

not a ding....but a big dent

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 2

Still talking about the art of opening car doors. ha ha

sometimes got some dings and scratches ok want machiam like "battle damage" effect on some tanks or toy models. Cool what.

My van is my work horse ... Got dents and scratches ... So another dent is not a problem lar ... 😄

U r right [laugh] but so long u don't gv others a dent ya :D[laugh]

↡ Advertisement