Kindly educate on opening car doors

Icedbs

my car 2 yrs no ding/. Cos I make the effort to ALWAYS park far far and alwes find single lot.

However, sure still have some clown will want to come nex to me.....but wun ding

take the effort to park far if you love yor ride. my car still ding free, even my prev cars

U stay ang mo cho... I stay Ching hu cho, tua lorli, ban, all sort of chia open close their door sure knock on to my small little ban. My friend lucky hor park highest floor in the mscp, I old Liao climb 3rd floor I bei Tao Gui, ka bei sai, ai si Liao. Nama when they come to my area upgrade my mscp to have lift, they belly good at installing cheena lift

↡ Advertisement

If you look at Stomp you will know there are plenty of inconsiderate ppl. Who will listen to you anyway?

I actually caught these pple of being inconsiderate. They also dun care lah.

Just act blur n move off. [shakehead]

I admit I do open my doors slowly and carefully. But whenever I see a new dent at my door, I will get upset everytime I wash my car.. Thankfully I got rubber strip on my doors, so my dents are mostly from Vans and lorries which are taller in height. After all, a car is just a car. 10yrs later, it's just a scrap metal. Let it be your slave, not the other way round.

I dun wash my car myself so I dun see any dents/dings at all.

Just open door, get in n drive.

Park is opposite.

But when I approach my car, I do glance at the windows n tires to see if got smashed or flat or not. [sweatdrop]

I follow my own parking lot selection guidelines:

1. Single lot whenever possible

2. Extreme left or right lot in the row (beside wall or pillar)

3. Above 2 options not available, go to the next level continue search

4. In carpark nearly full situation, no choice. but seldom happen as I avoid any carpark with "full" sign or a long queue.

5. If park between 2 cars, avoid wide/heavy/battered/parking-idiot vehicles if possible.

6. Park at an area with less cars which usually means further from exit.

When I'm parking at the extreme left/right lot, I'll park as close the pillar/wall as possible. To the point where I have to fold my side mirrors in before reversing in. I also don't mind walking further to the exit. I notice most drivers like to chiong to the nearest lot to the exit at the risk of squeezing in tight lots, which i avoid.

It may sound troublesome but I do it unconsciously these days. So far so good.

A car in the end is just a car.

No offence but you are like a slave to your car.

It should be the other way round.

Maybe the car price are too ex here so people treat it like gold.

Edited by Fcw75

4. In carpark nearly full situation, no choice. but seldom happen as I avoid any carpark with "full" sign or a long queue.

5. If park between 2 cars, avoid wide/heavy/battered/parking-idiot vehicles if possible.

When I'm parking at the extreme left/right lot, I'll park as close the pillar/wall as possible. To the point where I have to fold my side mirrors in before reversing in. I also don't mind walking further to the exit. I notice most drivers like to chiong to the nearest lot to the exit at the risk of squeezing in tight lots, which i avoid.

I do that parking in corner or single lot if there is an empty lot

But if all lots full, any lot i also take, don't want waste time finding further.

Got one time i park in city square jb during peak hr, left side 5 cm, and right side less than 20cm. Passenger goes down before i reverse. Bo pian no more slot, cant be choosy. Just pray hard car no scratch. Luckily that day no scratch haha as left and right car has changed

• Praise 1

I also do the same like u RadX,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but somehow like u say surely got someone will park near to u even though u park to the furthest end of the lot (sometimes even out of the lot as its the last lot kind).

Share 2 experience I had on driver opening their door without any respect to anything beside them (my car).

1) I rched home at my MCP and had parked my car but was still inside car becas was lookg at my emails (mobile), one car reverse n park his car on my left side. He jst open his car so abruptly tat my whole car literally shook (Yes, its shook). I wind down my window and shouted at the guy, his reply was "why got"............... anyway I jst tell him "Hor Sim next time be a bit slow in opening ur door as all the cars beside u r all ur neighbours ya".

2) Hv my car parked in a open carpark getting ready to get out to buy something from the provision shop, jst before I got out a car speed up n park beside me (when there are so many lots, alongside my car) opened his door so abruptly n bang onto mine. I got out n tell him "Hello, be careful leh u open ur door so hard and gave me a dent". he reply "ur car old liao so ok, like mine. I let u bang one time also lor".

I nearly faint hearg fm him n I jst gave him the GIVE UP look and walk away, don't want to waste time talkg to this kind of person.

So if wife also old liao can also give a bang? No? All old things and stuff not need to take care? Siao.

I parked at upper decks of my mscp for the follwoing reasons and not sorely to prevent dings/scratches from door opening.

1) need more empty space beside the car to fully open my door so that I can put my baby into the car seat. If the space too tightly cannot fully open damn difficult. Those with babies will understand. Higher level lesser cars chances are I can do so.

2) Car park connected to lifts on every level so park lower and higher no difference no need to climb.

3) Chit chat with my neighbours who MOST of them also parked at higher level. Ha ha.

Ya, there r always ppl out there in the fit quick excuse will blar out stupid tings or explanation.

Tats why I jst didn't want to spoil my day becas of them.

hence imo, so long as wah car at least once/mth, white car is best.

- dents not so obvious
- scatch not so obv.
- cooler cabin when driving in the day.
at night more visible
- kanna bukkeyi karma (thank u Bavarian) not so obvious.

I deeply regret getting black car...enhances all the above effect....

oh lastly.....its the seemingly (white) chosen color by Honda for their spotier models :)

PS : only 1 issue, white is the color of the p8p. But since its for Honda, the psycho affinity between a white Honda & p8p should be wide & far apart.

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 1

2) Hv my car parked in a open carpark getting ready to get out to buy something from the provision shop, jst before I got out a car speed up n park beside me (when there are so many lots, alongside my car) opened his door so abruptly n bang onto mine. I got out n tell him "Hello, be careful leh u open ur door so hard and gave me a dent". he reply "ur car old liao so ok, like mine. I let u bang one time also lor".

I nearly faint hearg fm him n I jst gave him the GIVE UP look and walk away, don't want to waste time talkg to this kind of person.

that reply so winner, me like [grin]

• Praise 1

Check out the sex orientation of the guy that say "let you bang 1 time la" make sure he is straight if not his "bang one time" got other meaning ha ha

I try to do this too if time permits. Some regard this as being slave to the car.

Well, I'm just taking care of my possessions and avoiding possible damages to it. Likewise, for home, would anyone enjoy having strangers dirtying or damaging their property. Slave to the house too? Can always buy another house mah or make repairs, it is also just a material possession, what's the big deal right.

To each his own lah. Happy jiu ho. [:)]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

that is what i do these days as well.

no eye see ah.

even when i am rinsing my car to clear the dust for my weekend drives, i also have to close eyes.

i keep telling myself. 10 years only. no need to heart pain.

I dun wash my car myself so I dun see any dents/dings at all.

Just open door, get in n drive.

Park is opposite.

But when I approach my car, I do glance at the windows n tires to see if got smashed or flat or not. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

A car in the end is just a car.

No offence but you are like a slave to your car.

It should be the other way round.

Maybe the car price are too ex here so people treat it like gold.

no offense taken. i did all those things i mentioned unconsciously so i don't even think about it. it's like breathing. i'm just aesthetically-sensitive, not only to cars but things in general. for cars, i'm only particularly sensitive to dents and bird shit/slime stuffs. other than that i don't really care. you'll be surprised that my car is one of the most dust/mud covered vehicle in my estate as i only bring it to carwash once a month or longer, depending on my mood.

owners who wash/polish their cars every week or even every other day, now that's what i call being a slave. but i think that's just their passion and being aesthetically-sensitive in a different way.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

no offense taken. i did all those things i mentioned unconsciously so i don't even think about it. it's like breathing. i'm just aesthetically-sensitive, not only to cars but things in general. for cars, i'm only particularly sensitive to dents and bird shit/slime stuffs. other than that i don't really care. you'll be surprised that my car is one of the most dust/mud covered vehicle in my estate as i only bring it to carwash once a month or longer, depending on my mood.

owners who wash/polish their cars every week or even every other day, now that's what i call being a slave. but i think that's just their passion and being aesthetically-sensitive in a different way.

I am like that too. I am ok if car is dusty (esp my rims, I can leave the brake dust for months until rims turn totally brown) but I hate dents. Esp got one dent on rear door which I can see from my side mirror.

• Praise 1

How about if ur boss who slam ur car door? What u will tell him?

My boss would not be that bo standard. Even if he did, he'll offer to pay for the damages.

Not like the 2 ABNN did not even give a fark.

↡ Advertisement