This is the redesigned new-for-2015 KIA Sorento.

ren_yeo

Hi, anyone replaced their battery before? What was the price? I think Kia service centre quoted about 380, but was thinking if aftermarket parts like Varta are better and more worth it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, anyone replaced their battery before? What was the price? I think Kia service centre quoted about 380, but was thinking if aftermarket parts like Varta are better and more worth it.

I have not had the chance to change the batt on the sorento, but have done on many occasion changed the battery of my previous cars.

$380 is way above the market price unless they are giving you Li-on batt or some special batt.

I remember paying only 1/2 your price previously for Amaron.

(edited)

I have not had the chance to change the batt on the sorento, but have done on many occasion changed the battery of my previous cars.

$380 is way above the market price unless they are giving you Li-on batt or some special batt.

I remember paying only 1/2 your price previously for Amaron.

I think the reason why it is so expensive on the sorento is because they are using AGM batteries as compared to the non-AGM ones. AGM batteries are typically more expensive. I have scouted various options for AGM batteries (>= 90Ah for Sorento) and I'll list this for the other people as a reference in the future.

1. Kia service centre: Rocket - 380SGD (24SGD for labour if not done during servicing)

2. Tyre Puncture Singapore@96888773: Verta - 480SGD (include door step labour)

3. Advance Auto Parts: Hoppecke - 520SGD (not sure for labour)

4. Battery Empire: Bosch - 550SGD (included labour at Yishun + trade-in battery)

I think I will be going with the Verta option since its made in Germany + the door step service is helpful as well.

Edited by shooterskull
  • Praise 1

When will the next major change come in?

Actually been beoing to change since prices have come dwn quite abit. Just not ready to plunge into kia coz i got itchy backside. Not prepared to hug it for 10yrs haha

• Praise 1

(edited)

I think the reason why it is so expensive on the sorento is because they are using AGM batteries as compared to the non-AGM ones. AGM batteries are typically more expensive. I have scouted various options for AGM batteries (>= 90Ah for Sorento) and I'll list this for the other people as a reference in the future.

1. Kia service centre: Rocket - 380SGD (24SGD for labour if not done during servicing)

2. Tyre Puncture Singapore@96888773: Verta - 480SGD (include door step labour)

3. Advance Auto Parts: Hoppecke - 520SGD (not sure for labour)

4. Battery Empire: Bosch - 550SGD (included labour at Yishun + trade-in battery)

I think I will be going with the Verta option since its made in Germany + the door step service is helpful as well.

Wow that's very nice to know. However do we need AGM battery for the Sorento... SA didn't tell me about the battery before I signed on the dotted line. ;)

Edited by jimmwong
  • Praise 1

Wow that's very nice to know. However do we need AGM battery for the Sorento... SA didn't tell me about the battery before I signed on the dotted line. ;)

Unless u dont need the start stop or disable i dont think u need AGM
  • Praise 1

It came fitted with AGM battery, then when i googled, its recommended that if your car came with AGM batteries then you should remain using AGM.

Took your advise, told them to not even try put in the Rikecool. $300 rebate is shit. Will install with the more innovative film once I collected the car.

So you rejected the rebate or what? Why throw $300 away? That goes towards the next film you install...

So you rejected the rebate or what? Why throw $300 away? That goes towards the next film you install...

Would you throw $300 away even if its' shit? Beggers ain't gonna choose man...

Would you throw $300 away even if its' shit? Beggers ain't gonna choose man...

I thought you got a rebate? Cash rebate or rebate towards installation of the same brand solar film?

I thought you got a rebate? Cash rebate or rebate towards installation of the same brand solar film?

Its a rebate of the total for the car. They have just rikecool28.

Many of us replaced the original AGM battery with the Bosch AGM LN5 for $370

wow thats a really good price. where did you get it done? I can't find it for so cheap.

wow thats a really good price. where did you get it done? I can't find it for so cheap.

hi. jabbycarz

Neutral Newbie

Thats a really good price.. i think price clearance for only 2colours left over

The last price quoted to me after July 1st Coe bidding was $135k with only 1 or 2 colours out of stock. Suspect still have room for nego... anyway, the Kia SE seemed like no heart to serve me... maybe if he follow closer, it's a done deal already...

My final decision was the Touran Comfortline Eqp mainly for ease of parking, space and driving experience compared to the Sorento.

If only my carpark is more forgiving to big cars, Sorento is still my true love...

Neutral Newbie

Thats a really good price.. i think price clearance for only 2colours left over

The last price quoted to me after July 1st Coe bidding was $135k with only 1 or 2 colours out of stock. Suspect still have room for nego... anyway, the Kia SE seemed like no heart to serve me... maybe if he follow closer, it's a done deal already...

My final decision was the Touran Comfortline Eqp mainly for ease of parking, space and driving experience compared to the Sorento.

If only my carpark is more forgiving to big cars, Sorento is still my true love...

• Praise 1

Is the Sorento so much larger? It should be quite easy to park with all the sensors and reverse cameras leh... also the raised seat height should give much better views...
↡ Advertisement