Caught In 1 1/2 Hours Jam At PIE Yesterday Evening

Was caught in a long jam yesterday evening along PIE toward Toa Payoh.

Jam along PIE starts from Jurong Town Hall Road to Thomson Rd. I joined the jam at Jurong Town Hall Road at 5.30pm and reach T. Payoh at 7.00pm and thats only I took a left turn into Lornie Road to escape the jam ahead..... [sweatdrop]

No report on radio on what had happen and only the road side 'flash board' indicated the massive jam after B Batok Ave.3 to Thomson Road.

Anyone know what kind of accident happen yesterday? No report in today ST also. :huh:

Thanks. [wave]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

which expressway is not jam ... dont get me started with CTE and AYE

Dunno but i never use PIE, imo thats the most jam expressway in sg. Everytime i took sure got jam and accidents.

• Praise 2

which expressway is not jam ... dont get me started with CTE and AYE

CTE and AYE are jam but at peak hours

But PIE all day long!

Massive jam you still join?

One reason it's so jammed up is there is no ERP, unlike say AYE.

Can exit to go by bukit timah road?

Dunno but i never use PIE, imo thats the most jam expressway in sg. Everytime i took sure got jam and accidents.

Only route to T Payoh from Enterprise Road/Jln Boon Lay..... [:(]

Have to use PIE from Mon to Fri evening ...

Always travelled along that stretch for 35 minutes. Now with the extra lanes from Clementi Ave 6 to Lornie Road, the journey save by another 10 minutes (25 minutes) to home. Yesterday,, 1 1/2 hours ... [bigcry]

Only route to T Payoh from Enterprise Road/Jln Boon Lay..... [:(]

Have to use PIE from Mon to Fri evening ...

Always travelled along that stretch for 35 minutes. Now with the extra lanes from Clementi Ave 6 to Lornie Road, the journey save by another 10 minutes (25 minutes) to home. Yesterday,, 1 1/2 hours ... [bigcry]

If radio report then at least can U turn and go by AYE then CTE, sure smoother

(edited)

CTE and AYE are jam but at peak hours

But PIE all day long!

Can exit to go by bukit timah road?

Comes out to Dunearn Road..... [grin]

So many road works (MRT line), traffic lights and slow vehicles... [sweatdrop]

Furthermore have to exit at Newton Rd and then along Thomson Road to T. Payoh. Thats another very heavy evening traffic.

If exit along Whitley Rd, it will joing back to PIE ... [dizzy]

If radio report then at least can U turn and go by AYE then CTE, sure smoother

KNN, radio only report "Slow Traffic along PIE at Lornie exit" of which every evening hear the same thing and wonder if it was a recorded massage played daily.

Never mention what kind of jam or what causing the jam so that drivers could take another routes... [grin]

Edited by Picnic06

Comes out to Dunearn Road..... [grin]

So many road works (MRT line), traffic lights and slow vehicles... [sweatdrop]

Furthermore have to exit at Newton Rd and then along Thomson Road to T. Payoh. Thats another very heavy evening traffic.

If exit along Whitley Rd, it will joing back to PIE ... [dizzy]

Really sounds dizzy

No alternative road liao. [dizzy]

Comes out to Dunearn Road.....

So many road works (MRT line), traffic lights and slow vehicles...

If exit along Whitley Rd, it will joing back to PIE ...

KNN, radio only report "Slow Traffic along PIE at Lornie exit" of which every evening hear the same thing and wonder if it was a recorded massage played daily.

Never mention what kind of jam or what causing the jam... [grin]

Radio sometimes bo zhun one lor, last week caught in AYE jam during 4-5pm weekdays, radio never report anything

Really sounds dizzy

No alternative road liao. [dizzy]

Radio sometimes bo zhun one lor, last week caught in AYE jam during 4-5pm weekdays, radio never report anything

So did you call the traffic hotline when you were caught in the jam?

• Praise 1

should have checked Google Map or Waze

i travelled to Jurong West yesterday from Clementi Ave Ave 6 around 6.30pm yesterday. Saw the jam towards BKE stretching back to around Corporation Road before it was clear.

at around 7pm, I took the KJE - BKE - PIE - Eng Neo and still got jam before reaching Dunearn Road. At PIE/BKE junction around 7.20pm, I saw the left two lanes rather clear but after Eng Neo, i could see many vehicles from Lanes 1 - 4. Pretty bad for a friday peak.

• Praise 1

should have checked Google Map or Waze

Actually if use Google navigation, when there is traffic jam ahead, Google will actually calculate estimate time to clear the jam and if got alternative route that is faster, it will recommend on the alternative route to take.

• Praise 2

Massive jam you still join?

One reason it's so jammed up is there is no ERP, unlike say AYE.

ERP does not solve jams, it just diverts it a bit.

If its a Friday evening, typically everywhere there is heavy traffic.

• Praise 2

Was caught in a long jam yesterday evening along PIE toward Toa Payoh.

Jam along PIE starts from Jurong Town Hall Road to Thomson Rd. I joined the jam at Jurong Town Hall Road at 5.30pm and reach T. Payoh at 7.00pm and thats only I took a left turn into Lornie Road to escape the jam ahead..... [sweatdrop]

No report on radio on what had happen and only the road side 'flash board' indicated the massive jam after B Batok Ave.3 to Thomson Road.

Anyone know what kind of accident happen yesterday? No report in today ST also. :huh:

Thanks. [wave]

I was travelling on the opposite side at about five.

There was a chain accident slightly after Lornie exit (towards changi). Only saw a few cars invlved. The uncle in front of me slowed down to kpo got blasted by my honk.

• Praise 5

I thought that part of PIE just finished widening.? [thumbsup] that means too many cars in S'pore. [furious]

Regardless of what method pappy use..there will still be jam..if the vehicles population maintain around 1millions....like I said before if they seriously wanted to solve these problem,than have to reduce till 5-600k..it will definitely solve ...fat hope ..otherwise how a nation can be top 5 riches in the world without any natural resources or agri export....Gahman is the Best..in squeezing..

↡ Advertisement