4G data plan drain faster?

Jman888

4G plans are changing telcos' game
Extra charges - as more users exceed mobile data plans - add to their coffers
PUBLISHED ON AUG 18, 2014
ST_20140818_ITDATA18_586165e.jpg
Many consumers are busting their monthly mobile data caps as they have yet to change their habits, say analysts, even after signing on to tiered data plans, which come with usage capped at as low as 100MB, depending on price tiers. -- ST FILE PHOTO
BY IRENE THAM TECHNOLOGY CORRESPONDENT
More people are upgrading to 4G plans and busting their mobile data limits, putting an extra penny in telcos' pockets.
SingTel, StarHub and M1 recently reported that between 54 per cent and 58 per cent of all their postpaid mobile subscribers are on tiered data plans, most of which are 4G ones.
These plans come with data usage capped at as low as 100MB, depending on price tiers.
These replaced the generous 3G plans, all of which came with a much higher 12GB cap, but which have not been on sale since September 2012.

i do find the data usage is faster than before, still remember i hardly hit 1GB in a month and now i hit 3GB in less than a month <_<<_<
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

i do find the data usage is faster than before, still remember i hardly hit 1GB in a month and now i hit 3GB in less than a month <_<<_<

Stop playing online games ...

Chow-Yun-Fat_lightbox.jpg

• Praise 2

Stop playing online games ...

Chow-Yun-Fat_lightbox.jpg

i dun have game app on my phone, i think i watch too much Chow Yun Fatt movie online [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

disable the auto video playing on FB.. that takes up alot of data as well..

turn on your phone's wifi so when u reach home, it connects to your wifi at home.. can save alot of data this way!

• Praise 2

turn on your phone's wifi so when u reach home, it connects to your wifi at home.. can save alot of data this way!

Although i have the 4G but i already did what all you mentioned, i even have wifi at home and office and wirelessSGX, and last month i even disable 4G and surf with 3G, yet i hit 2.99 GB limit [:(][:(]

How to do that ... Teach me Pls ... [:)] ... Thank you.

Telco knows you can't change your habits.

Constantly watching video on your phone and you're screwed.

• Praise 1

i dun have game app on my phone, i think i watch too much Chow Yun Fatt movie online [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

You don't come here and let go story ... Chow Yun Fatt don't appear in Dirty Movies ... 😂

Although i have the 4G but i already did what all you mentioned, i even have wifi at home and office and wirelessSGX, and last month i even disable 4G and surf with 3G, yet i hit 2.99 GB limit [:(][:(]

so powderful!? wifi at home and office can hit the ceiling? what do you do on your hp exactly?

if ure on SH, their app allows you to see how much data u use daily. perhaps it can give you a better idea which app is zapping your data? but since your limit is 2.99 means ure on ST.. idk how does ST app works..

How to do that ... Teach me Pls ... [:)] ... Thank you.

mines iphone 5s, here is how mine works.

settings>FB>settings>video>auto-play>off.

for android.. im afraid u have to ask google liao..

mines iphone 5s, here is how mine works.

settings>FB>settings>video>auto-play>off.

for android.. im afraid u have to ask google liao..

Gam Xia ... You ... Very Much [:)]

You don't come here and let go story ... Chow Yun Fatt don't appear in Dirty Movies ... 😂

Img250920965.jpg

so powderful!? wifi at home and office can hit the ceiling? what do you do on your hp exactly?

if ure on SH, their app allows you to see how much data u use daily. perhaps it can give you a better idea which app is zapping your data? but since your limit is 2.99 means ure on ST.. idk how does ST app works..

singtel also have one app to check the usage, the app provide me with all the phone number under my accounts and i can see the other family member usage as well [nod]

I stiill have 12gb plan.. hahah... maximise it till 11.9999999 mb

you worst! what did you use 12GB for ?? :huh:

↡ Advertisement