Appeal Beat Red Light Camera, How?

Mugenboy

(2) Appeal to TP.

Ans: Can appeal but sure rejected.

Not true.

I kena caught 2 times beating the red light.

1st time, my dear TP waived the charges.

2nd time, then kena fine.

so no harm appealing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yup, that time at a junction in AMK, I e-brake but noticed a van behind coming in fast....I release brake a bit n stop further ahead (cross the white line some more) just to let him had enough space to brake. If not he sure bang my rear !! [sweatdrop]

This sounds quite unreasonable leh....

Yep...i xtra sensitive to t gating as i small hb.

Twincharged

This sounds quite unreasonable leh....

Ya lo. We still thought he had a good chance of appealing since he got a video to show really no intention of beating red light. Maybe the TP also hate taxi drivers lo.

Guys...

Just a random psychological question.

Do u get slightly annoyed when the traffic lights keep going against you as u r approaching?

of course, super annoyed cos this red cause me delay few minutes as i miss next traffic green ahead.

from my home i got count, if always swee swee caught by red every traffic it delay me 4 minutes to enter expressway. especially when i am in rush meeting for appointment

Guys...

Do u get slightly annoyed when the traffic lights keep going against you as u r approaching?

It is even more annoying when the fella in front refuses to accelerate decently from the last set of red lights, end up caught by the next one and he scrapes through.

• Praise 5

Guys...

Must keep calm and mumble 'Green! Green! Green!' When you approach the traffic light :D

Considering the level of "help" people are likely to get from MCF by "confessing their sins", I wonder why people still bother. Thick skin or thick skull?

Anyway, TS, mistakes happen. Our amber is much shorter than an accepted standard in a major industrialised nation, as I've posted before. You lose nothing by appealing to TP, then to MP, but don't be surprised if nothing succeeds. They're kind of determined to be dicks of late.

interesting point. i didn't know they need two flashes for the summon to be valid. is that why there's always two "boxes" at the junction, one for each camera? i always thought one box is the sensor and the other is the actual camera.

The second flash is to capture the space behind the offending driver to make sure no one is tailgating him. And maybe calculate his speed if they really bother.

2 recent incidents I came across:

1) Slow traffic, crossed the line at amber. One black Mercedes E class followed me. About 3/4 across (me), 2 flashes. I think for him. Took note of his details just in case I need to appeal. Nothing came.

2) Turn right at controlled junction. Formed up at Lane 1 (right turn only). Black Camry formed up on Lane 2 to my left (go straight only). Green arrow. Both moved. 2 flashes again. For him again. Wondering if he appeal by forming up wrongly will be a lesser charge.

If MP could help appeal & be successful then I can [bounce1] to them all the way.

Now just have to wait ....... [sleeping][sleeping][sleeping]

The sensors might be faulty. Just saying. And quit using that cursive. Danke.

Edited by Bavarian

Guys...

Tick box for fxxking annoyed, no?

• Praise 2

Considering the level of "help" people are likely to get from MCF by "confessing their sins", I wonder why people still bother. Thick skin or thick skull?

Anyway, TS, mistakes happen. Our amber is much shorter than an accepted standard in a major industrialised nation, as I've posted before. You lose nothing by appealing to TP, then to MP, but don't be surprised if nothing succeeds. They're kind of determined to be dicks of late.

It's the same regardless the amber has a shorter or longer display time. There will still be drivers dashing the red light.

Longer display time driver will take their sweet time. Shorter display time pumps up adrenalin. In the end there will be drivers who try their luck.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

There was one time at Bugis I followed behind a slow moving SBS bus. When it cross the line the lights turn amber, I followed it. Then it turn red before I can reach the other side. I could not speed up at all cos the bus was blocking....kena 2 flashes.

But the summon did not come.

1) Amber light => prepare to stop

2) Amber light => Speed up

Which one are you?

For case 1, there is a chance that you will be kissed from behind.

For case 2, prepare to pay any fine, if any,

Supercharged

Which one are you?

It depends on where (exactly) your vehicle is when the amber light comes out....

Which one are you?

The way you put it, maciam amber light of death...

Not true.

I kena caught 2 times beating the red light.

1st time, my dear TP waived the charges.

2nd time, then kena fine.

so no harm appealing.

What reasons u give arh?

Guys...

Most of the times I'll [furious][:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1