Appeal Beat Red Light Camera, How?

Mugenboy

lausai. obvious. [laugh][laugh]

Good guess. I told them want to lausai so need rush to the toilet [smash][smash]

Actually, I admitted my oversight and did not stop in time, so have to move on.

I think TP waived the fine because I am honest [thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Those new digital red light camera, still using flash light to capture photos..?

Depend what time of the day. FYI it take more then 3 week to receive the TP love letter. So pray hard, Regarding if TP will provide photo as memento I also very curious to know too?

Depend what time of the day. FYI it take more then 3 week to receive the TP love letter. So pray hard, Regarding if TP will provide photo as memento I also very curious to know too?

Before they upgrade to digital type, day and night also flash twice.

Now they use digital cause save time, no need manually retrieve films from cameras. Can send fines faster... ;((

Malaysia is using this system and I don't see what the problem is. In fact, I really like this system as I can plan my acceleration off the line.

Those who don't understand the system are probably morons and idiots.

Because there are cases people stopped at green.

3-2-1-0 (Amber) + 1-2 (Red)

Kuku drivers stopped at green (1)

Also got drivers will speed up 50meters before (0)

So LTA decided because of kuku stopping at Green (1) they decided to remove the system.

• Praise 1

Malaysia is using this system and I don't see what the problem is. In fact, I really like this system as I can plan my acceleration off the line.

Those who don't understand the system are probably morons and idiots.

U mean LTA?

After all they removed a prefect system.

Before they upgrade to digital type, day and night also flash twice.

Now they use digital cause save time, no need manually retrieve films from cameras. Can send fines faster... ;((

3 week leh..I just rec my love note from TP 1. Not hear say 1. BTW u can go TP mon to fri to view the photo.

Edited by Rustyz

For those wanting to appeal good luck in future

LTA, Traffic Police will not easily accede to traffic summonses appeals: DPM Teo

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean said the Traffic Police and LTA will not accede to appeals for charges to be cancelled or waived unless there are "very strong extenuating factors".

stock-traffic-police-01.jpgFile photo: A traffic police officer on patrol (photo: Francine Lim, channelnewsasia.com)

SINGAPORE: The Traffic Police received about 2,600 appeals for traffic-related offences each month in 2013, while the Land Transport Authority (LTA) received about 7,900 appeals for illegal parking offences over the same period.

In a written reply to Parliamentary questions posed by MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC Hri Kumar, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean did not give figures on the number of successful appeals, but said that both the Traffic Police and LTA will not accede to appeals for charges to be cancelled or waived unless there are "very strong extenuating factors".

DPM Teo also stressed that road users should be responsible and abide by traffic rules at all times, and that violations will be dealt with in accordance with the law.

- CNA/ms

Hmmm, very interesting ... just to share an experience.

I had stopped in the middle lane when the traffic turn amber ,,,, this car on my left decided to continue and turn left .... and there was 2 flashes when the car beat the red lights ...

I was thinking .... what is wrong with the driver ... I had stopped and the driver choose to continue to turn left.

12 demerit points .... fine etc .. super not worth it lah ... if speeding to beat the red light, well bad luck. But to beat the the red right when turning left into the side road ?????

He just wanted to contribute to nation building.

:D

traffic offence you want to write to MP??

please dun waste taxpayer money hor [laugh][laugh]

ok lah give them some work to do. otherwise brain will rot away from inactivity (talking abt full time mp like kate)

sometimes you have no choice but to beat the redlight.

there's this 1 particular junction along west coast highway with red light camera straight after the flyover towards the distribution center.

i have seen numerous accidents in this traffic junction happened when the 1st vehicle / motorcyclist stopped in time but not the vehicle behind and this road is highly commuted by those trailers and heavy vehicles as well.

and the bloody LTA are not doing anything to this traffic junction.they know that this traffic junction always caused alot of accidents but they are still not waking up their ideas.

this is 1 traffic junction that i would beat the red light if there's a trailer behind me.

Edited by KumarB

cut the speed down to 60km/hr when approaching, and most vehicles behind will regulate down. If you maintain or speed up, they will speed up and close the gap. It doesn't mean you have to go at 70km/hr when speed limit is 70km/hr.

sometimes you have no choice but to beat the redlight.

there's this 1 particular junction along west coast highway with red light camera straight after the flyover towards the distribution center.

i have seen numerous accidents in this traffic junction happened when the 1st vehicle / motorcyclist stopped in time but not the vehicle behind and this road is highly commuted by those trailers and heavy vehicles as well.

and the bloody LTA are not doing anything to this traffic junction.they know that this traffic junction always caused alot of accidents but they are still not waking up their ideas.

this is 1 traffic junction that i would beat the red light if there's a trailer behind me.

• Praise 1

One thing that can prevent cars crossing red lights is the

count down counter.

I am not so sure why this is not implemented.

I believe this can save lives and not many people

want to purposely run a red light and risk an accident.

:D

This is an excellent idea to reduce incidents of beating red lights, and getting drivers to get ready for the green lights instead of day dreaming.

But why various excuses given by LTA not to implement? Simply because LTA is too proud to learn from other countries, especially if they are Malaysia or China (where you find such count down).

LTA is the best in the world (in their puny minds), what is there to learn from "3rd world" countries?

• Praise 1

think they know the mentality of Singaporeans too well. Count down = cheong before the lights turn red. [laugh] Same same as you indicate your signals, people cheong to fill up the gap instead of regulating the speed to let you merge in.

Actually, if people stick to basic theory, and slow down by 10km/hr by the posted speed limit while approaching junctions, it's not easy to overrun a traffic light that's just turned red.

This is an excellent idea to reduce incidents of beating red lights, and getting drivers to get ready for the green lights instead of day dreaming.

But why various excuses given by LTA not to implement? Simply because LTA is too proud to learn from other countries, especially if they are Malaysia or China (where you find such count down).

LTA is the best in the world (in their puny minds), what is there to learn from "3rd world" countries?

Edited by Kangadrool

cut the speed down to 60km/hr when approaching, and most vehicles behind will regulate down. If you maintain or speed up, they will speed up and close the gap. It doesn't mean you have to go at 70km/hr when speed limit is 70km/hr.

that stretch they will speed even if you put 50km/h even the 40 footer also can go up to 80km/h <_< , best is to put camera at 60km/h, then all will slow down.

↡ Advertisement