Think I'm caught on camera pick up passenger at taxi stand?

alphard96

hmm.. who says the country is indebt to us?? [hur]

people is saying, due to the circumstances, people do not wish to have more kids. why? because too damn crowded every where liao!

funny leh.. now is people don't feel like making so many babies and is the govt kpkb-ing.. end up become "country indebt to you"..

btw, I never advocate stopping at pickup point to WAIT for passenger to arrive hor.. personally I always wait at carpark then go pickup point when passenger arrived..

pickup point some times look very similar to taxi stand from afar got wrong meh? some times my passenger also mistook taxi stand as pickup point..

don't go shopping with children because its crowded??

then I believe you would agree that it's no easy task to travel with MRT.

of coz don't push the stroller in lah.. that one so incosiderate.. but now LTA come out say stroller can be open in bus right?? funny....

it is not crowded MRT or crowded shopping mall that is stopping people from having children, it is the stress from living in a competitive society that stop people from doing so. Everyone want a certain standard of living for both themselves and their children, of course most not willing to go beyond 2.

And yes, if you really dread taking lift in a shopping mall, the best thing is of course don't go.

How can you say that? The issue here is be considerate and gracious.

Lift are for those who needs it. If someone needs if more than you do, just be considerate and let them use it first.

Oh yes, you are very right. If you need the lift more, maybe you can ask politely if they willing to let you take the lift. Im exactly trying to point out, it is graciousness issue, not overcrowding.

So, I think it is very hard to teach graciousness or change it quickly, of course I told him not to go.

↡ Advertisement

it is not crowded MRT or crowded shopping mall that is stopping people from having children, it is the stress from living in a competitive society that stop people from doing so. Everyone want a certain standard of living for both themselves and their children, of course most not willing to go beyond 2.

And yes, if you really dread taking lift in a shopping mall, the best thing is of course don't go.

it is the fighting of space here which also makes this place a even more competitive society. others may vary. but for myself, I at least would be turned off thinking of the inconveniences. BUT NOT THE ONLY AND SOLE REASON..

I'm happy with my current state and i'm not complaining!!

the crowded lift thing.. I salute you for making such remarks.. because i'm left speechless.

it is the fighting of space here which also makes this place a even more competitive society. others may vary. but for myself, I at least would be turned off thinking of the inconveniences. BUT NOT THE ONLY AND SOLE REASON..

the crowded lift thing.. I salute you for making such remarks.. because i'm left speechless.

speechless, as in good or bad?

speechless, as in good or bad?

let's just say, I agree that it is not easy to change how gracious others can be.. but at least what he mentioned did created awareness for those that haven't thought of it..

to be honest, I do take the lift occasionally despite not having the NEED for it. after reading his post, I do felt guilty and will ensure to switch to using escalator whenever possible.

let's just say, I agree that it is not easy to change how gracious others can be.. but at least what he mentioned did created awareness for those that haven't thought of it..

to be honest, I do take the lift occasionally despite not having the NEED for it. after reading his post, I do felt guilty and will ensure to switch to using escalator whenever possible.

i remember(few years ago already) last time when taking lift, I will carry the baby and fold up the pram when boarding lift. Unless my baby sleeping soundly, I would be guilty if we take up too much place.

i remember(few years ago already) last time when taking lift, I will carry the baby and fold up the pram when boarding lift. Unless my baby sleeping soundly, I would be guilty if we take up too much place.

well good for you. As for me, if can't take the waiting time for the lift to be empty or near empty, I would do the same but i'll take the escalator instead with the stroller folded. No guilt whatsoever.

well good for you. As for me, if can't take the waiting time for the lift to be empty or near empty, I would do the same but i'll take the escalator instead with the stroller folded. No guilt whatsoever.

Yes, me too. I take escalator with pram. Only when going vivo and park at the multistorey carpark, then no choice have to take life. And that lift sucks big time.

its ok bro, i'm used to such remarks. graciousness has to work both ways. I can be gracious and a lot times I've asked if I can be inside.. most of them would 'expand' themselves eventhough there's room to accomodate 2 prams/strollers. In other countries, I dont have to ask, they would just make space and invite me in and some would go out and take the escalators. its just majority of the people here just practise the 1st come 1st serve and I-was-here-1st-and-you-can't-have-it mentality.

If a wheelchair bound person has to use the lift, its ok, I will exit and let him take my place. simple what, say excuse me only. he goes in and i'll wait for the next one. if not i'll fold up my 2y/o stroller and carry him and go down the escalator. sure I can do that, but what if its a mom? she may not be physically abled to carry one haversack/diaperbag, baby in one arm and the other dragging the stroller..

personally I dont dread going to a crowded mall, because i'm going there to buy some things at different shops. if i dont see a need, why bother, right? the worse is when a group of 5 adults queueing up at some IT expo to buy one freaking thumbdrive! no offence, but thumbdrives and small gadgets can be easily purchased at 7-11. there are plenty of examples out there but there are sure to be people who are judgemental (incl me) but i'm the type who choose to put things in different perspective.

its ok bro, i'm used to such remarks. graciousness has to work both ways. I can be gracious and a lot times I've asked if I can be inside.. most of them would 'expand' themselves eventhough there's room to accomodate 2 prams/strollers. In other countries, I dont have to ask, they would just make space and invite me in and some would go out and take the escalators. its just majority of the people here just practise the 1st come 1st serve and I-was-here-1st-and-you-can't-have-it mentality.

If a wheelchair bound person has to use the lift, its ok, I will exit and let him take my place. simple what, say excuse me only. he goes in and i'll wait for the next one. if not i'll fold up my 2y/o stroller and carry him and go down the escalator. sure I can do that, but what if its a mom? she may not be physically abled to carry one haversack/diaperbag, baby in one arm and the other dragging the stroller..

personally I dont dread going to a crowded mall, because i'm going there to buy some things at different shops. if i dont see a need, why bother, right? the worse is when a group of 5 adults queueing up at some IT expo to buy one freaking thumbdrive! no offence, but thumbdrives and small gadgets can be easily purchased at 7-11. there are plenty of examples out there but there are sure to be people who are judgemental (incl me) but i'm the type who choose to put things in different perspective.

Hi hussainni, it is exactly why that mom have to make herself struggle to go to a shopping mall alone. There might be cases of no choice, but anything else she shouldn't have done so.

As for the other countries that you never specify, there are a lot more that are worse. We just got to keep campaigning on being gracious.

Hi hussainni, it is exactly why that mom have to make herself struggle to go to a shopping mall alone. There might be cases of no choice, but anything else she shouldn't have done so.

As for the other countries that you never specify, there are a lot more that are worse. We just got to keep campaigning on being gracious.

Oh, and something to add, the worst kind of people are those that take lift up to go down so that they can be assured of a place in the lift. These are the people that make the lift super slow. Of course I'm referring to those able bodied ones. Edited by Coltplussport

My spouse kena before. He turned into the bus lane accidentally cos he not familiar with the road, then he tried to filter out but no one gave one. He saw a guy taking photo of his car at the bus stop. If i remember correctly, the offence was in Clementi.

One month later he received the notice. We wrote in to appeal and was waived.

Try to give reason as emergerncy and apologetic in the letter.

Twincharged

anyway, I believe most MRT station have pickup point and taxi stand.. the indication of taxi stand and pickup point some times is not very clearly done..

nobody is referring to buying diapers.. they are refering to the diaper bags you bring out for the baby..

and diaper bags does not refer to only diapers but all other necessities for the baby and its usually huge considering the amount of items in it..

now I understand why the govt never understand...

I am always amazed at how huge other's diaper bags are. Mine is small enough I can just carry it easily with one hand. Usually weighs less than 1kg and smaller than most females' handbags. Infact my wife stuffs the diaper bag into her handbag if she goes out alone with my 2 kids.

I think the government should rethink the execution of its policies.

On the one hand, want SG to make more babies, want drivers to park and take train, but where is the infrastructure?

No long term carparks near MRTs, no pick up bays?

And what about those with elderly parents?

No wonder its sooo stressed living in SG. :wacko:

Have children need to drive meh? 90% of the time I go out with my 2 kids we take public transport. The public transport in Sg is good enough and comfortable as well.

I am always amazed at how huge other's diaper bags are. Mine is small enough I can just carry it easily with one hand. Usually weighs less than 1kg and smaller than most females' handbags. Infact my wife stuffs the diaper bag into her handbag if she goes out alone with my 2 kids.

Have children need to drive meh? 90% of the time I go out with my 2 kids we take public transport. The public transport in Sg is good enough and comfortable as well.

Of course you can manage with public transport, but what do you do when it rains, and you can't find a taxi in sight. You try calling for a cab, and none are available. Then what? Suck thumb?

Try it with kids aged 1 and 2. It is not easy at all...

Twincharged

Of course you can manage with public transport, but what do you do when it rains, and you can't find a taxi in sight. You try calling for a cab, and none are available. Then what? Suck thumb?

Rain need cab? My elder son who can walk has his own raincoat which he carries in his bag whenever he goes out. My second son who can't walk yet has a rain cover for his pram which we store it together with the pram and me and my wife have an umbrella for each of us. No problem even if it rains. Just continue using public transport. Of course if we are at home when it starts raining then we'll probably drive out la.

Try it with kids aged 1 and 2. It is not easy at all...

My kids are 1 and 4. Not hard at all. Didn't people have kids long before cars were invented?

Edited by Nzy

I think the government should rethink the execution of its policies.

On the one hand, want SG to make more babies, want drivers to park and take train, but where is the infrastructure?

No long term carparks near MRTs, no pick up bays?

And what about those with elderly parents?

No wonder its sooo stressed living in SG. :wacko:

Just return from Australia. I rent a car ten days over there.

Their road is so smooth that make me don't have the intention to speed.

No camera here and there. No bus lane.

Most of the road cyclists have their own lane.

To be honest, after return back to SG. My driving pattern change.

• Praise 1

Rain need cab? My elder son who can walk has his own raincoat which he carries in his bag whenever he goes out. My second son who can't walk yet has a rain cover for his pram which we store it together with the pram and me and my wife have an umbrella for each of us. No problem even if it rains. Just continue using public transport. Of course if we are at home when it starts raining then we'll probably drive out la.

My kids are 1 and 4. Not hard at all. Didn't people have kids long before cars were invented?

My kids are 1 and 2, and I find difficulty carrying my child, a pram and the bag up a public bus. Unlike you, that's tough for me.

People had kids even before public transport was invented. So?

My kids are 1 and 2, and I find difficulty carrying my child, a pram and the bag up a public bus. Unlike you, that's tough for me.

People had kids even before public transport was invented. So?

It's all in the mindset of the person doing it.

↡ Advertisement