I realize Singaporean drivers are very intorerant

Zippaboy

I drove in many countries before and this is what I personally feel and experienced....

Today while driving to a unfarmiliar place for dinner, I was keeping to the leftmost lane trying to navigate.

Before coming to this red traffic light, I realize actually I have to continue straight but the leftmost lane can only go left.

Signaled right and did a lane change. To be fair, my car was positioned slightly slanted but fully in my new lane.

There was a red Volvo coming from far, when it reached me after like 10 seconds , it suddenly gave me a loud horn and switch to the left most lane.

The 40-50s lady inside then gave me a killer stare, was gesturing to a man supposedly his husband. I looked at her and waved sorry. She then start shaking her head furiously, continued complaining to her old man.

Not that it matters, but I realize there was a big wooden cross hanging from the rear view mirror.

The light took awhile to turn green, I was really amused to see this strong reaction from the old lady....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9
  • Dislike 1

Got once I was driving slowly and didn't notice a mpv driver wanting to turn from filter lane, when I saw him, he was cursing and raising his hands in the car to his passengers. At the red light, I looked at him, wanted to ask him what the fuss was about, he acted like nothing happened.

Some when they sit in the car, their egos are inflated.

• Praise 7

Not that it matters, but I realize there was a big wooden cross hanging from the rear view mirror.

The light took awhile to turn green, I was really amused to see this strong reaction from the old lady....

All kinds of drivers in this world - live and let live. At least you apologised and you can sleep well tonight.

About the point above - I guess it clearly matters since you mentioned it. Lots of pple who hang religious objects all over their belongings (not just those with crosses), but fail to act morally and in good faith. As long as you act morally and justly, I think you'll still do fine in life.

Hey, it's the end of Monday - one day closer to the weekend!

• Praise 15

I drove in many countries before and this is what I personally feel and experienced....

Today while driving to a unfarmiliar place for dinner, I was keeping to the leftmost lane trying to navigate.

Before coming to this red traffic light, I realize actually I have to continue straight but the leftmost lane can only go left.

Signaled right and did a lane change. To be fair, my car was positioned slightly slanted but fully in my new lane.

There was a red Volvo coming from far, when it reached me after like 10 seconds , it suddenly gave me a loud horn and switch to the left most lane.

The 40-50s lady inside then gave me a killer stare, was gesturing to a man supposedly his husband. I looked at her and waved sorry. She then start shaking her head furiously, continued complaining to her old man.

TS IS IT VOLVO XC60???

I today was along farrer road on most left lane, then there is construction ahead then i see gap and i signal and then filter in, suddenly this volvo XC60 (brown) speed up want to bang my car, I quickly steer back again to my lane or else sure langgar already.

Bloody hell, my car was inside her lane already she still go and speed up wtf is wrong on her mind? the traffic was quite jam at that time. then i follow her and notice she change lane never signal one, knn

• Praise 1

Supercharged

TS, u r correct to keep left gg to unfamilar place.

Just some pts...10 secs then Volvo reached...hmm cmg traffic light, y Volvo nvr slow down??

But, TS y mention abt the cross? Having a faith doesn't make one tolerant. So long as one is human, we still commit mistakes.

Nway, kudos for keeping cool n u r correct, driving behaviours here still has a long way to go.

Edited by Qpik
  • Praise 2

Yeah, just 2 days ago, I signal left to change lane and this guy comes from nowhere, didn't see him in the rearview mirror, and blast his horn all the way.

I hope he got his jerk off.

Obviously, if you see a couple of lanes jammed up, someone may try to filter out, and here he come chionging all the way and ready to blow his horn.

• Praise 2

religious people are not always decent. decent people are not necessarily religious.

amen...

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 10

Dunno why but there seems to have a lot of f***ked up people on our roads today.

Today almost kena squeeze out of my lane by an army jeep (non-learner plate). Can't stick to your lane still give me hand signal. CCB.

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Hanging from rear... pray pple don't bang fm behind??

No divine intervention can help her if she really drive as TS mentioned.

A men or not, road driver should be patient. I will sound if one driver blur on the road, it is safety precautions, how long ts been driving on the road, I do think he or she is oversensitive and overreact!!! No good driving on the road.

i have another encounter too...

was exiting from carpark into a busy road...

this car infront of me die die wanted to eat into the 2nd lane and clearly the utmost left lane has no oncoming car and was clear to go...

the traffic built up behind him and cars at the back blasted their horns... he still bend on taking the 2nd lane and move alittle to allow me past thru and take up the left lane...

what i saw next is he raise his middle fingers at me and move off...

whats wrong with this driver...

as i was rushing for time, i juz forget it and move on...

• Praise 3

Some times when you signal and take your time to filter in seamlessly and subtlety, somehow something tend to go wrong and some joker behind will just come out from somewhere and horn. But when you signal and go in firmly (and safely), nothing happens.

I learnt to be nice to people (give way) and do not expect people to be nice to me. If I want to change lane, I go in without expecting people to slow down for me. Meaning to say, it might involve some hard acceleration and fast movement (without endangering anyone of course).

Some times the nicest of things happen when you give way. I seen on many occasions whereby I give way for cars to filter in while nearing a turn, and the car in turn also gives way to other cars later. Kindness do spread!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2