Portable Car Wash Kit

Mugenboy

I moved away from that tiny bottle already. Now using an external sprayer. Foam 'quality' same as the pressure washer if not better. 2L can spray whole car.

I completed my external battery. Now spray like nobody business.

Tested the blower. Not really powerful but can chase the water from the nooks and crannies.

Using this ah?

greg-spraying-bmw-hor.jpg

Whole bottle of shampoo in a wash. LoL...

↡ Advertisement

Ok. I have found some rubber foam tape to seal the edges. The foam tape comes one side adhesive.

post-18163-0-56211600-1415064010_thumb.jpg

Haven't test it yet coz I want the tape to settle onto the contours first. I think may have to reinforce with 3M double sided strips.

• Praise 1

Ok. I have found some rubber foam tape to seal the edges. The foam tape comes one side adhesive.

attachicon.gifIMG_1381.JPG

Haven't test it yet coz I want the tape to settle onto the contours first. I think may have to reinforce with 3M double sided strips.

For those who are using Sonax wheel cleaner there's a cheaper substitute. Yes, it also turns purple upon application. It can be bought at any SPC kiosk or from the distributor(who is also the distributor of the car wash kit I'm using) http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=10319

post-18163-0-13749900-1415064330_thumb.jpg

$13.90/bottle at SPC, $11+/bottle distributor. 500ml.

Here I swap the nozzle from a 3M bottle coz the original nozzle doesn't squirt well.

Edited by Watwheels

attachicon.gifIMG_1381.JPG

Where to buy the rubber foam?
  • Praise 1

anyone tried using hose spray on those 20cents coins washing bay machine? can work anot? cos planning to buy leh..

I've been using it for about 3 years...works very well...but nowadays very lazy hence go petrol station for car wash $8.

I got it at a provision shop a cheap metal spray head & 10 meters of high grade hose with a turning cap at the other end (around $10)...cost me about $1.20 - $1.60 of water from those 20 cents coin machine for rinse before & after wash - need those coin machine with threads for the turning cap else won't work & don't forget the rubber washer.

The pressure is good though not as strong as those petrol station wash.

https://flic.kr/p/qar5nr

Edited by Duckling
  • Praise 1

Where to buy the rubber foam?

Garlin Pte Ltd

Just to update. I have minimise the spilling to around 90% using 3M double sided tape(heavy duty) to firmly secure the rubber foam. I have to use clothes pegs to hold the foam down for a couple of days especially the corners.

The bottles that I'm using are effective in pushing out more shampoo especially the bigger one that I have bought.

I've been using it for about 3 years...works very well...but nowadays very lazy hence go petrol station for car wash $8.

I got it at a provision shop a cheap metal spray head & 10 meters of high grade hose with a turning cap at the other end (around $10)...cost me about $1.20 - $1.60 of water from those 20 cents coin machine for rinse before & after wash - need those coin machine with threads for the turning cap else won't work & don't forget the rubber washer.

The pressure is good though not as strong as those petrol station wash.

https://flic.kr/p/qar5nr

the rubber washer is for what use? Can explain more abit? I just worry the hose if not secure properly, the water may rush out.

• Praise 1

the rubber washer is for what use? Can explain more abit? I just worry the hose if not secure properly, the water may rush out.

The rubber washer (red thing in the picture below) is to prevent water from rushing out due to high pressure.

20121127hoserubberwasher.JPG

• Praise 1

The rubber washer (red thing in the picture below) is to prevent water from rushing out due to high pressure.

20121127hoserubberwasher.JPG

this sure helps. thanks bro for explaining. bu the way the screw on cap is how big?

Edited by MkMan

Turbocharged

I also have a set to let go. Been not using it for a long time. PM me for the price  [;)]

↡ Advertisement