Tyresall Palace: History of a luxurious palace in Singapore

Evillusion

Wah...so long the article.

Can summarize it anot ?

there was a luxurious palace belonging to Sultan of Johor located at Tyersall of near Botanic Gardens. The Sultan was somewhat forced to leave the palace by the Brits and it was later turned into a venue used by the Brits. There was a fire that razed 1/4 of the palace and the brits wanted to buy the palace and land but the Sultan refused. It was left in a state of disrepair, not sure whether the palace still stand or not. From the description it was said to be luxurious yhan the one in Arab Street.

*My late father used to talk about how the Sultan won a bet with an Ang Mo who owned the remainder of the Tyresall Estate. The Sultan won and thats how he managed to expand the land. But i am not sure whether its the truth or not....but our grandfather stayed in that area so they may know its history.

This is the big piece of land on the left side of Tyersall road that people always say is haunted lah, gahment got secret facility inside lah, got some big abandoned mansion inside lah, blah blah blah.

Supercharged

there was a luxurious palace belonging to Sultan of Johor located at Tyersall of near Botanic Gardens. The Sultan was somewhat forced to leave the palace by the Brits and it was later turned into a venue used by the Brits. There was a fire that razed 1/4 of the palace and the brits wanted to buy the palace and land but the Sultan refused. It was left in a state of disrepair, not sure whether the palace still stand or not. From the description it was said to be luxurious yhan the one in Arab Street.

*My late father used to talk about how the Sultan won a bet with an Ang Mo who owned the remainder of the Tyresall Estate. The Sultan won and thats how he managed to expand the land. But i am not sure whether its the truth or not....but our grandfather stayed in that area so they may know its history.

So now what was built on that piece of land ? Around Botanic Gardens seems no more empty land except for the old CMBP area there....

So now what was built on that piece of land ? Around Botanic Gardens seems no more empty land except for the old CMBP area there....

no...its opposite the old cmpb...the wooded area. A very prime area for development that seemed to be forgotten. I really didnt know there was a palace there until i stumbled into that blog.

Now still owned by Johor Sultan??

should be but not to sure! If u go by Botanics Garden that area seemed abandoned woode area surrounded by bungalows and plush residential apartment. Not sure why that place is undeveloped! There are still land that belonged to Johor such as the mosque near Vivo city and the one opposite NUS. Edited by Eviilusion

this guy got take many pictures

very nice

hdr

very very nice

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/sets/72157594562924606/detail

he also got do matilda house

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/2051995727/in/set-72157601387510369

very satki fellow

thor comes to singapore [grin]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/13940214901/

really damm nice

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 1

this guy got take many pictures

very nice

hdr

very very nice

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/sets/72157594562924606/detail

he also got do matilda house

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/2051995727/in/set-72157601387510369

very satki fellow

thor comes to singapore [grin]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielcheong/13940214901/

really damm nice

wah....fella went in and check the place out. Must give him the respect! The palace still standing and not many Singaporean knows this piece of our history. Hope many will get interested in our history though.
  • Praise 1

When I saw the title, somehow I already knew the place.

Years ago, I went to this place for some haunting experiences.

2 cars, ±10 pax.

my car was parked outside the gate, 1 friend trying to peek thru the gate, I sounded my car's horn, he almost pee.

Few days later, I bought another group of friends there.

I & another sensed something amiss while there, sped thru to Serene Centre.

When we are at a carpark, my rear window have something like a palm print, fingernails marks like was hanging on to the car.

• Praise 1

yup...its never straight forward! Succession problems just as the Kelantan royalties a few yrs back. The one that succeeed the throne must be by the king's bedside upon his death than he gets the throne....if not bye bye!

you forget to mention should be alone by the bedside. no one else should be within earshot distance. [sly]

When I saw the title, somehow I already knew the place.

Years ago, I went to this place for some haunting experiences.

2 cars, ±10 pax.

my car was parked outside the gate, 1 friend trying to peek thru the gate, I sounded my car's horn, he almost pee.

Few days later, I bought another group of friends there.

I & another sensed something amiss while there, sped thru to Serene Centre.

When we are at a carpark, my rear window have something like a palm print, fingernails marks like was hanging on to the car.

maybe u left your friend behind and he tried to hold on to your car in fear......u got do headcount after that anot? Ya.....the area surrounding very eerie.....especially with the bungalows and private residential housing.

you forget to mention should be alone by the bedside. no one else should be within earshot distance. [sly]

errr.....that one will be a pricked prince......hahaha!

Used to drive by it everyday, and also walk by it when I visited the Botanic Gardens. Pretty spooky now.

Also some old abandoned black and white houses further up the hill which look even spookier.

• Praise 1

post-60339-0-71672000-1409641866.jpegearlier picture no dates supplied.

post-60339-0-39554600-1409641951.jpeg picture claimed to be taken in 1930s.

Used to drive by it everyday, and also walk by it when I visited the Botanic Gardens. Pretty spooky now.

Also some old abandoned black and white houses further up the hill which look even spookier.

Ten yrs back i saw a merc parked at that spooky house at Gallop Rd. Maybe the owner came home.

maybe u left your friend behind and he tried to hold on to your car in fear......u got do headcount after that anot? Ya.....the area surrounding very eerie.....especially with the bungalows and private residential housing.

errr.....that one will be a pricked prince......hahaha!

First event, sounded horn to scare someone.

Second event days/weeks later, that's when the palm print event.

I had just cleaned the car before meeting up my friends.

After meeting up with friends, coffee/games etc, decided to go rounding.

Drove on a field (where MBS currently stands and years before the development, it's an empty field next to the river) and where we picked up the dust.

Went there, 2 out of 3 of us sense it.

First event, sounded horn to scare someone.

Second event days/weeks later, that's when the palm print event.

I had just cleaned the car before meeting up my friends.

After meeting up with friends, coffee/games etc, decided to go rounding.

Drove on a field (where MBS currently stands and years before the development, it's an empty field next to the river) and where we picked up the dust.

Went there, 2 out of 3 of us sense it.

marina bay....good to practice corner! Pasir ris sungei api2 oso have. My friends saw a white figure while looking for seaworm(fishing) last time. One was so scared he refused to bring me to the place they saw the lady figure on a tree.
↡ Advertisement