Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

Turbocharged

I wish more ppl will buy this engine and we can start the fiesta 1.0l club and organise gtg.

Seems like at the moment at the most we can have an EcoBoost gtg rather than 1.0L EcoBoost gtg haha.

↡ Advertisement

So it's finally back? Sometime in late 2015 I went to Ford and they told me all out of stock, don't know when bringing in more. I had wanted to test drive it after reading some good reviews.

Turbocharged

So it's finally back? Sometime in late 2015 I went to Ford and they told me all out of stock, don't know when bringing in more. I had wanted to test drive it after reading some good reviews.

maybe you can give 'em a call and find out if they have test-drive units available. I think the Fiesta should be back in stock.

maybe you can give 'em a call and find out if they have test-drive units available. I think the Fiesta should be back in stock.

Haha but the car bought liao, go there test drive now only for fun cos I can't buy another car  [smash]

Turbocharged

Haha but the car bought liao, go there test drive now only for fun cos I can't buy another car  [smash]

liddat should go walk into the McLaren dealership just a little bit away [smash]

liddat should go walk into the McLaren dealership just a little bit away [smash]

They will politely ask me if I am lost, and point out how to walk to Ford......

Seems like at the moment at the most we can have an EcoBoost gtg rather than 1.0L EcoBoost gtg haha.

No problem. I heard that the Ecoboost 1.5l also has some features from the ecoboost 1.0l like the integrated exhaust manifold. Until today, I have no idea where my fiesta exhaust pipe is. Test drove a 1.6l ecoboost kuga but the acceleration sucks so I guess the 1.5l kuga drives better. If not, ford will not introduce the mondeo 1.5l but to cut cost remove so many safety features from the 2.0l model.

Turbocharged

No problem. I heard that the Ecoboost 1.5l also has some features from the ecoboost 1.0l like the integrated exhaust manifold. Until today, I have no idea where my fiesta exhaust pipe is. Test drove a 1.6l ecoboost kuga but the acceleration sucks so I guess the 1.5l kuga drives better. If not, ford will not introduce the mondeo 1.5l but to cut cost remove so many safety features from the 2.0l model.

In other countries I think the 1.5L can come with all the missing features... it's just how Regent here a bit weird with their spec orders.

As for your exhaust pipe... a bit silly to ask but you got look underneath the rear bumper? I saw the 1.5L's got the kind of exhaust pipe that is downward facing behind the bumper, like non-AMG-kit Merc C-class.

The 1.5L EcoBoost got slightly less HP than the 1.6L EcoBoost but more torque earlier. Stateside, the 1.5L replaced the 1.6L in the Fusion.\

This year the new twin-scroll 2.0L should begin appearing in the rest of the Ford lineup, it has already debuted in the Edge.

Horsepower is up around 7~8hp and torque by 16Nm (245hp, 366Nm) thanks to higher compression ratio, new integrated exhaust manifold active wastegate and active oil control plus new high pressure direct injection.

A bit of a shame they couldn't get it into the 2.0L Mondeo last year, as although it's a very powerful drivetrain, the old 2.0L + 6F35 is, well, an old combination...

The 6 speed DCT PowerShift for the fiesta & focus are both dry? 
How has gear shifting experience been like, especially from gear 1 to gear 2?

• Praise 3

I read 1.5L ecoboost was introduced to meet China market. Ecoboost engine, you get both eco(fuel efficiency) and boost(power).

But some said you will get either one... [smash]

The 1.5-liter displacement size represents a significant tax break for Chinese consumers. 

• Praise 1

The 6 speed DCT PowerShift for the fiesta & focus are both dry?

How has gear shifting experience been like, especially from gear 1 to gear 2?

Initially will jerk a bit as not seasoned especially if u shift from d to p (accidentally shld be R). Do not use 92 or else jerk like hell. After mths of driving, it becomes very smooth. Waiting to see if dry gb can tahan 30k soon which the vw touran gb will malfunction at 33k (1 yr).
  • Praise 1

In other countries I think the 1.5L can come with all the missing features... it's just how Regent here a bit weird with their spec orders.

As for your exhaust pipe... a bit silly to ask but you got look underneath the rear bumper? I saw the 1.5L's got the kind of exhaust pipe that is downward facing behind the bumper, like non-AMG-kit Merc C-class.

The 1.5L EcoBoost got slightly less HP than the 1.6L EcoBoost but more torque earlier. Stateside, the 1.5L replaced the 1.6L in the Fusion.\

This year the new twin-scroll 2.0L should begin appearing in the rest of the Ford lineup, it has already debuted in the Edge.

Horsepower is up around 7~8hp and torque by 16Nm (245hp, 366Nm) thanks to higher compression ratio, new integrated exhaust manifold active wastegate and active oil control plus new high pressure direct injection.

A bit of a shame they couldn't get it into the 2.0L Mondeo last year, as although it's a very powerful drivetrain, the old 2.0L + 6F35 is, well, an old combination...

No wonder rm is introducing the 2.0l kuga soon. I believe the 1.5l shld drive quite similar to the 1.0l as enhanced. No chance to test drive it.

Initially will jerk a bit as not seasoned especially if u shift from d to p (accidentally shld be R). Do not use 92 or else jerk like hell. After mths of driving, it becomes very smooth. Waiting to see if dry gb can tahan 30k soon which the vw touran gb will malfunction at 33k (1 yr).

understand that for 7dsg dry, its still good to change the oil b4 30k km.  For the 7dsg, understand that its ~1litre of oil.  Maybe u can try to change every 20k as preventative maintenance.

Hope that Ford could capitalize on the current situation...hehe

• Praise 1

understand that for 7dsg dry, its still good to change the oil b4 30k km. For the 7dsg, understand that its ~1litre of oil. Maybe u can try to change every 20k as preventative maintenance.

Hope that Ford could capitalize on the current situation...hehe

According to getrag, the powershift dct gb needs 1.7 to 1.9 l of oil. Used in the Volvo v40 t2 or d2 too.

No wonder rm is introducing the 2.0l kuga soon. I believe the 1.5l shld drive quite similar to the 1.0l as enhanced. No chance to test drive it.

Ford is also introducing 3 cyc 1.5l this yr to compete with mini/bmw 2 series. Looks like the r&d in the 1.0l is put to good use.

Turbocharged

Ford is also introducing 3 cyc 1.5l this yr to compete with mini/bmw 2 series. Looks like the r&d in the 1.0l is put to good use.

a 1.5L may actually get better fuel economy. I recall that apparently, that the "ideal cylinder" is a 500cc one of specific aspect ratio. The claims are that a cylinder of this particular shape and size has the highest possible efficiency.

This is why a lot of newer European "eco" engines feature 3 or 4 ~500cc cylinders... like the BMW 1.5L 3-cyl or Volvo's drive-series engines.

Both of those said engines get pretty impressive efficiency... in fact I think the BMW 1.5L is the most efficient 3-cylinder at the moment.

↡ Advertisement