Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Pocus

And why should Ford be brand as seconf class to MIT toyota or Honda. This I do not understand. Price is priced too high is 1 problem, perception of reliability lower than MIT or MIJ toyota or Honda is another hurdle Ford need to overcome.

If priced correctly, might even consider this as my second car and downgrade my current ride to weekend or wifey car.

What I mean is many sillyporean always think those MIT Toyota or Honda are a better car. And will give a miss to many others good car.

Yup, the Toyota might be more reliable. But the drive is only one work to describe - BORING.

↡ Advertisement

What I mean is many sillyporean always think those MIT Toyota or Honda are a better car. And will give a miss to many others good car.

Yup, the Toyota might be more reliable. But the drive is only one work to describe - BORING.

Actually Sinkaporean car buying habits easily sum up to the following also very boring

First Class - Ferrari, Lam, Mersarati etc .....

Business Class - Merc, BMW etc....

Economical Class, reliable no frills - Toyota, Honda etc....

Budget Class - Kia, Hyundai, etc.....

No Class - Bus MRT taxis - just kidding I also take these transport.

• Praise 1

SE told me to expect around 17 to 18km/l in sg roads instead of 20km/l on paper, which is what I guessed. It's very good fc liao.

SE mention if 123ps model is bought it the omv will be in conflict with the focus range so that's why they din bring it. He mention our local fiesta is from Germany while malaysian fiesta is produced locally.

Omv for fiesta iirc is 17 or 18k. Cevs I din ask. Might want to confirm with se if you interested.

I didn't know ford has got a factory in Malaysia?

ford makes good cars

• Praise 1

I see great potential for Ford ecoboost engines if they are really reputated to have good FC and carbon print, especially in the huge China market and since air pollution there is so bad. You never know if the authorities there starts to clamp down on car exhuast pollution.

Fully agreed bro! This car can sell if price correctly and yes RM has to accept that Ford (fairly or unfairly) is below Toyota/Honda.

like brother waterh2o, I disagree with you on this.

at least on first hand car market, Ford is not inferior to Toyota. first hand car market buyer are more atas and do look for better overall package and not just reliability.

but in the second hand market, yes because second hand car buyers are mostly those that are more particular about reliability and parts.

I didn't know ford has got a factory in Malaysia?

ford makes good cars

Yup I also dunno.

I agree they make good cars. Good and solid cars.

My dad used to own a Ford Laser and it was a solid and stable car, just underpowered and a drinker that's all. At highway speed of 140kmh in my it's still well planted to the ground. We had a good run for five years until it was involved in an accident(not our fault so no financial loss) and it had to be let go. I really missed it.

I was glad the solidness is still found in current ford lineups.

Yup I also dunno.

I agree they make good cars. Good and solid cars.

My dad used to own a Ford Laser and it was a solid and stable car, just underpowered and a drinker that's all. At highway speed of 140kmh in my it's still well planted to the ground. We had a good run for five years until it was involved in an accident(not our fault so no financial loss) and it had to be let go. I really missed it.

I was glad the solidness is still found in current ford lineups.

same fondness I had for my previous ford focus. everything is good except for the poor pick up which was the main reason why I sold it. but somehow, I remain doubtful if I make the correct decision in letting go of it.

that's why for my next change of cars, ford remains as one of the possible choice of badge.

like brother waterh2o, I disagree with you on this.

at least on first hand car market, Ford is not inferior to Toyota. first hand car market buyer are more atas and do look for better overall package and not just reliability.

but in the second hand market, yes because second hand car buyers are mostly those that are more particular about reliability and parts.

Don't get me wrong bro, I personally don't see Ford as second rate.

In fact, I'm considering this Fiesta but cos of the price, I'm holding back.

I'm just commenting that Singaporeans would prefer Honda, Toyota even though they are MIT perhaps cos of their history/name in this part of the world.

Sad to say, for $118k, most locals would choose Altis/Mz3 than this Fiesta although car enthusiasts like us know they the Ford ecoboost engine is a notch above the Japs 1.6

• Praise 2

First hand car aside. if there is a 2nd hand Ford and a 2nd Civic same no of years, which one would u rate higher for reliability?

Most buyers might choose Civic because of the Japanese branding for reliability without realising that this 2nd hand Civic might likely have been subjected to intense driving by the previous owner (ganna loot) than the Ford, where previous owner might be a more slow and steady driver.

Edited by Waterh2o

Don't get me wrong bro, I personally don't see Ford as second rate.

In fact, I'm considering this Fiesta but cos of the price, I'm holding back.

I'm just commenting that Singaporeans would prefer Honda, Toyota even though they are MIT perhaps cos of their history/name in this part of the world.

Sad to say, for $118k, most locals would choose Altis/Mz3 than this Fiesta although car enthusiasts like us know they the Ford ecoboost engine is a notch above the Japs 1.6

How much is your budget. SE say he can "fight" for more discount on top of the one he offered me....if you really interested.

Who knows the final price can be as competitive as those of the same class..

How much is your budget. SE say he can "fight" for more discount on top of the one he offered me....if you really interested.

Who knows the final price can be as competitive as those of the same class..

I would only consider if it's less than $110k at today's COE price.

CEVS should not be more than $10k otherwise I would expect an even lower price.

I based this on Jazz 1.3 selling at $108k with $10k CEVS, OMV unknown but likely to be around $17k as well cos Fit Shuttle OMV is $17.5k and Civic OMV is $19k+

Also, trade in car price needs to be considered. I know I'm abit demanding but that's how it is these days right? Cars are expensive so need to get value for money!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 3

First hand car aside. if there is a 2nd hand Ford and a 2nd Civic same no of years, which one would u rate higher for reliability?

Most buyers might choose Civic because of the Japanese branding for reliability without realising that this 2nd hand Civic might likely have been subjected to intense driving by the previous owner (ganna loot) than the Ford, where previous owner might be a more slow and steady driver.

unfortunately the ignoramous Singapore resale car buyers will always assume Honda is more reliable than ford. in another recent thread, this lady also shared her experience with her Honda jazz who can't last till the last day of the car's statutory life.

I see great potential for Ford ecoboost engines if they are really reputated to have good FC and carbon print, especially in the huge China market and since air pollution there is so bad. You never know if the authorities there starts to clamp down on car exhuast pollution.

The smart rich pple there are also CCP Cadres. Don't play play.

unfortunately the ignoramous Singapore resale car buyers will always assume Honda is more reliable than ford. in another recent thread, this lady also shared her experience with her Honda jazz who can't last till the last day of the car's statutory life.

ultimately it's about spare parts/local support and SG size. Only one AD for Ford cars. America/europe far away lol.

Anyway Ford reliability/satisfaction results on the few surveys i've seen are more model dependent rather than brand dependent.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

The smart rich pple there are also CCP Cadres. Don't play play.

ultimately it's about spare parts/local support and SG size. Only one AD for Ford cars. America/europe far away lol.

Anyway Ford reliability/satisfaction results on the few surveys i've seen are more model dependent rather than brand dependent.

I think it is not just about the spare parts and local support that swings Singapore buyers. ford spares aren't that difficult to find......and always when I heard people's recommendation about second hand cars, it has always been "jap cars because they are very reliable and seldom break down"

there was this uncle at tyre workshop who also told me my ford is a brand that always brake down. I couldn't be bothered with his comments. over the 4 years that I owned it, it was very reliable......perhaps less break down than my friends thai made altis and vios

but of course, I have to also acknowledge your point that we cannot just use particular model reliability to extrapolate into brand reliability.

Edited by Acemundo

Sweeping statement such as "Ford always break down" gets no where and in no where value add for people making decision like car buying.

Would seriously love to consider VW too despite hearing statement such as " VW got gearbox issue". Better to keep an open mind and to believe in sweeping statements such as these.

Maintenance and how a driver drives the car are some factors just at influence reliability not just brand alone.

Not sure if this Fiesta can fit in a person of my height at 1.81m?

Edited by Waterh2o

Local preference also lah. Look at NZ, country that would be well suited for conti cars.

90-95% of cars i see are japanese bar the odd few assorted cars.

I already think SG has one of the most diverse variety of cars in the world.

Every other city is either predominantly european vs japanese. Even malaysia is super few koreans. Almost never will you see a ford/jaguar etc.

• Praise 1

same fondness I had for my previous ford focus. everything is good except for the poor pick up which was the main reason why I sold it. but somehow, I remain doubtful if I make the correct decision in letting go of it.

that's why for my next change of cars, ford remains as one of the possible choice of badge.

Haha, I also doubtful if I made the right decision to sell it. Till now, still have fond memories of it.

• Praise 2

Haha, I also doubtful if I made the right decision to sell it. Till now, still have fond memories of it.

Had 2 Ford cars as a family car.

560px-1990_Ford_KF_Laser_L_01.jpg

29830490001_large.jpg

They say it's only once you've driven a Ford then you will keep going back to the showroom to see their lineup.

↡ Advertisement