Man boasts about giving dog a "bath" in washing machine

Raymondism

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/man-boasts-about-giving-dog-bath-washing-machine

A man residing in Hong Kong has outraged animal lovers after he uploaded photos of a small dog being spun in a washing machine on his Facebook page.

Believed to be a Chinese national, the user identified as Jacky Lo posted 11 photos of the small white dog with the caption: "How to give a dog a bath really quickly: First soaked, then washed, and spun dry. Done!".

Those who saw his posts were shocked and further angered when he told a user that the dog was dead, and asked if she would like to see a photo of it.

The user named Agnes warned him that animal cruelty was illegal in Hong Kong, but was greeted with indignant responses.

Instead of showing remorse, he said: "Why do I have to be afraid of you?". Lo also told Agnes that he was not afraid of anything, and that he did not even consider abuse to human beings a problem.

According to Apple Daily, the man made several false claims on Facebook, including the school he was from. A school in Tuen Mun was forced to release a statement clarifying that he was not related to the school after he claimed to be a student there.

The Hong Kong tabloid also said that Lo had pretended to be from a rich family by posting several photos of himself posing with luxury cars. When approached, the owners of the cars told Apple Daily that they did not know Lo at all.

Lo also uploaded a photo of multiple rolls of HK$100 bills, claiming that he had more than HK$10,000 to spend for just two days in Hong Kong. However, Apple Daily reported that the bills were likely to be fake as they did not have any serial numbers printed on them.

An expert the Hong Kong daily spoke to said that the dog would have probably suffered broken limbs as a result of being spun around in a washing machine.

An online petition calling for punishment of the teen has received 13,771 signatures so far.

In his latest Facebook post, Lo shrugged off the widespread anger against him, saying that he was about to return to the mainland and could not be bothered with the criticism made against him.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/man-boasts-about-giving-dog-bath-washing-machine#sthash.czGuKzll.dpuf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Low self esteem trying to get attention by doing the extreme.

For ppl who eat dog meat in their country you think they give a damn for the poor dog's life?

Too many attention whores using social media as a platform to get attention. But we get to see how low and pathetic some can get.

• Praise 3

oh well, there will always be weirdos and psychos in any society......and I guess social media has just exposed more of such issues.

• Praise 1

after watching mr bean's cartoon series

I sometimes wondered if his action is due to ignorance, being lazy or just could not care less

I remembered when I first bought my washing machine, my helper threw in our hiking shoes into the machine to wash. We only found out because the washing machine was making hell of a noise.

I wont be so quick to judge

in many Asian countries we still believe in "Chinese" or "Malay" traditional medicine man. Sometimes they use things to burn someone skin to so call cure the person of the illness, leaving scars behind eventually and not to forget psychological trauma especially in children.

In old days to join a gangster group (triad), one has to show courage and the initiation into the group can involve quite nauseating rituals.

I think, in this modern age there is a need to educate people of the social norms in a particular country, otherwise, many new immigrants as well as the elderly may run foul with society or even the law.

• Praise 1

after watching mr bean's cartoon series

I sometimes wondered if his action is due to ignorance, being lazy or just could not care less

I remembered when I first bought my washing machine, my helper threw in our hiking shoes into the machine to wash. We only found out because the washing machine was making hell of a noise.

I wont be so quick to judge

in many Asian countries we still believe in "Chinese" or "Malay" traditional medicine man. Sometimes they use things to burn someone skin to so call cure the person of the illness, leaving scars behind eventually and not to forget psychological trauma especially in children.

In old days to join a gangster group (triad), one has to show courage and the initiation into the group can involve quite nauseating rituals.

I think, in this modern age there is a need to educate people of the social norms in a particular country, otherwise, many new immigrants as well as the elderly may run foul with society or even the law.

Pls do not OT.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

B@stard!! Such cruelty toward animal. Taking it out on a small helpless dog! If really spun dry the dog would really be dead.. He doesn't deserve to be alive and shd be shot. Argghghhh...

• Praise 8

If this type of scenario is played up in Cartoon say 'Tom & Jerry' people would thought it's funny or could even be thought to be creative. But that should end there...in the cartoon, make believe, outrageous, childish ideas meant for kids.

Many of those abusers, simply cannot understand the value of a life. Because almost everything they learn, they feel is though a screen.

Lack the intelligence to differentiate the virtual make believe stuff with the real world.

They become so emotionally attached to social media, everything else become secondary, even treatment to living creatures.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2