SKC8838B - douchebag

Yaris15

for me, I think just another ah tiong just receive car key from father....suay suay, show off kena caught!!

Edited by Jq1988
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

While jamming brakes is definitely wrong for the merc, it seems like the camera car was hogging - it stayed for more than 10 seconds on the right lane despite a clear road ahead. Did the merc flash/honk to ask your son to keep left?

"Keep Left Unless Overtaking" - otherwise you will force others to dangerously overtake on the left and cut back to the right.

• Praise 3

yes i agree that my son shouldn't have been on the right lane in the first place but alas, we were astounded by the sheer lack of safety portrayed by the merc. my issue is drivers who sternly believe that a 'tit for tat' attitude is the SOP for driving in SG. i just find that slightly disturbing. i shudder to think what the progression of such a mentality would result in. certainly not safer roads.

check out this merc c180 who just cut in front of my son (unprovoked) and started dangerously hogging all the lanes. singapore really has some of the best drivers out there. fast forward 22sec. i added the whole video to show that it was unprovoked and the SKC 8838 B driver was just being a bully for no reason.

View My Video

http://tinypic.com/r/ajxevm/8

this looks like an edited video, not "the whole video"?

there are generally two kinds of troublemakers on the road - deliberate ones and the clueless ones aka sotong drivers.

if this is really an unprovoked encounter, logically the merc should be a sotong driver. sotong drivers cause trouble to others everywhere they drive whether provoked or not.

however, experienced drivers will immediately be able to tell that this merc driver is far from a sotong driver. in fact, he had skillfully cut into your son's path dangerously close but without causing an accident. he is a deliberate troublemaker, and deliberate troublemaker usually wants to send a message. judging from the aggressive and very close encounter, a very clear message. what is that message? i don't want to speculate but i guess only TS and his son will really know.

my humble opinion to TS. sit down with your son and analyze with him what might have triggered the merc's act of aggression. turning a blind eye to the root cause of the encounter and being negative about it is obviously the easy way out. but wouldn't it be better if as a father, you can help your son to learn and reflect from the encounter? wouldn't you want your son to be a better driver moving forward, stay safe on the road, and most importantly, avoid any more similar encounters? the reality is we can't totally get rid of nasty drivers out there, but we can learn to skillfully avoid them.

i don't mean to be preachy nor judgmental here and if i did sound that way, i apologize in advance. i can only analyze so much from the limited video footage.

i have a son (although he's far from legal driving age) and i would exactly do what i said above if he were to tell me about this situation. i would want my son to be (sometimes) painfully wiser in life, rather than blissfully ignorant.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 10

this looks like an edited video, not "the whole video"?

there are generally two kinds of troublemakers on the road - deliberate ones and the clueless ones aka sotong drivers.

if this is really an unprovoked encounter, logically the merc should be a sotong driver. sotong drivers cause trouble to others everywhere they drive whether provoked or not.

however, experienced drivers will immediately be able to tell that this merc driver is far from a sotong driver. in fact, he had skillfully cut into your son's path dangerously close but without causing an accident. he is a deliberate troublemaker, and deliberate troublemaker usually wants to send a message. judging from the aggressive and very close encounter, a very clear message. what is that message? i don't want to speculate but i guess only TS and his son will really know.

my humble opinion to TS. sit down with your son and analyze with him what might have triggered the merc's act of aggression. turning a blind eye to the root cause of the encounter and being negative about it is obviously the easy way out. but wouldn't it be better if as a father, you can help your son to learn and reflect from the encounter? wouldn't you want your son to be a better driver moving forward, stay safe on the road, and most importantly, avoid any more similar encounters? the reality is we can't totally get rid of nasty drivers out there, but we can learn to skillfully avoid them.

i don't mean to be preachy nor judgmental here and if i did sound that way, i apologize in advance. i can only analyze so much from the limited video footage.

i have a son (although he's far from legal driving age) and i would exactly do what i said above if he were to tell me about this situation. i would want my son to be (sometimes) painfully wiser in life, rather than blissfully ignorant.

thank you for your insightful comments. i will definitely analyze the root cause as to what might have provoked the merc driver. however, i'm sure this one incident is overshadowed by the numerous others that might've been a far worse experience for fellow drivers. i hope the awareness caused by such a thread will help spur locals to keep our roads safe and be considerate drivers.

thank you for your insightful comments. i will definitely analyze the root cause as to what might have provoked the merc driver. however, i'm sure this one incident is overshadowed by the numerous others that might've been a far worse experience for fellow drivers. i hope the awareness caused by such a thread will help spur locals to keep our roads safe and be considerate drivers.

if u can, could u upload the whole video? probably about 5 minutes before the incident took place

maybe some bro here will hold justice for u :D

yes i agree that my son shouldn't have been on the right lane in the first place but alas, we were astounded by the sheer lack of safety portrayed by the merc. my issue is drivers who sternly believe that a 'tit for tat' attitude is the SOP for driving in SG. i just find that slightly disturbing. i shudder to think what the progression of such a mentality would result in. certainly not safer roads.

maybe just for your infor in case u dont know

road hogging in lane 1 is considered as dangerous act as well

with the slowing down, it will build up the traffic and cause more cars behind to follow closely.

if one of the car suddenly brake or jam brake because he wants to exit, chain collision will take place

being safety in the road doesnt mean drive slowly but drive with awareness.

u shud know when to be slow, when to be fast and when to give way by moving to lane 2

in the end of the day, we just want to drive safely in the road [:)]

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

if u can, could u upload the whole video? probably about 5 minutes before the incident took place

maybe some bro here will hold justice for u :D

maybe just for your infor in case u dont know

road hogging in lane 1 is considered as dangerous act as well

with the slowing down, it will build up the traffic and cause more cars behind to follow closely.

if one of the car suddenly brake or jam brake because he wants to exit, chain collision will take place

being safety in the road doesnt mean drive slowly but drive with awareness.

u shud know when to be slow, when to be fast and when to give way by moving to lane 2

in the end of the day, we just want to drive safely in the road [:)]

thumbs up bro! totally agree. not saying my son is an angel, and indeed when he got on the flyover he was on the right lane. i'm open to the idea that the merc's dangerous attempt at cutting in front of the vehicle might've been his way of gesturing that the car was on the right lane, albeit only for the first 10 yards of that 2-lane flyover.

• Praise 2

Fully agree the Merc was provoked. My advise to TS is don't try to smoke us. We can tell the Merc was not being a lousy driver. He had done all those maneuvers deliberately to send you a message, although I agree those maneuvers were dangerous, but what I disagree with is that your son is not at fault. You need to do your job as a father.

• Praise 7

check out this merc c180 who just cut in front of my son (unprovoked) and started dangerously hogging all the lanes. singapore really has some of the best drivers out there. fast forward 22sec. i added the whole video to show that it was unprovoked and the SKC 8838 B driver was just being a bully for no reason.

View My Video

Since the TS maintains that his son is an angel and this was (unprovoked) and there was no tit for tat,

then it is very possible that the Merc jammed brake not to teach TS son a lesson as there is no lesson

to be taught as TS son is a very safe driver, it is very possible a dog ran in front of the black Merc.

The Merc jammed brake to prevent loss of life or injury to the poor dog.

Is is also possible that having missed the first dog, another dog followed to run across the road

to join his pal and the Merc jammed brake again. Having missed two possibly daddy and mommy

doggy, junior also ran across and the poor black Merc had to jammed his brake again.

To do something wrong is bad but to provoke someone to do bad things is even worse.

But what really gets my goat is to blatantly lie about it. Starting a thread and posting one sided edited

videos. And then having the hypocracy to claim he wants to make "driving less hectic and wanting to

spread awareness."

Since TS is so keen to "help spur locals to keep our roads safe and be considerate drivers." he should start by posting the full unedited video.

We are all waiting for this. TS should show some sincerity and post the full video.

:D

• Praise 6

Since the TS maintains that his son is an angel and this was (unprovoked) and there was no tit for tat,

then it is very possible that the Merc jammed brake not to teach TS son a lesson as there is no lesson

to be taught as TS son is a very safe driver, it is very possible a dog ran in front of the black Merc.

Is is also possible that having missed the first dog, another dog followed to run across the road

to join his pal and the Merc jammed brake again. Having missed two possibly daddy and mommy

doggy, junior also ran across and the poor black Merc had to jammed his brake again.

To do something wrong is bad but to provoke someone to do bad things is even worse.

But what really gets my goat is to blatantly lie about it. Starting a thread and posting one sided edited

videos. And then having the hypocracy to claim he wants to make "driving less hectic and wanting to

spread awareness."

Since TS is so keen to "help spur locals to keep our roads safe and be considerate drivers." he should start by posting the full unedited video.

We are all waiting for this. TS should show some sincerity and post the full video.

:D

yea... while he is at it... place his car plate out for all to see and judge [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

[laugh][laugh] .....ppl say merc steering too light. maybe that was the reason too.....beri hard to control leh.

• Praise 2

View My Video

honestly speaking, too many this kind of cases everyday on road, too many this kind scums on road nowadays SG road, TP should patrol on road frequently,

recalled whether you hogging or unintentionally offend this guy somewhere

• Praise 1

I guess at times we ourselves can be a pain on the road to other road user too, so best is to forgive (as times ppl also forgive us on the road) n forget.

I like wat Mate SuPerBoRed highlighted tat the drivers carplate being mentioned/flashed out is also not too nice.

We jst need to remember wat we didn't do correctly previously and maybe we can let such bad incident pass off................

It's a Monday Mates.................. hv a better week ahead ya.......... cheers [thumbsup]:D

This carplate will forever have a thread in this forum. You won't. If u "honestly" give the unedited full video to tp.. They charge u for hogging.. You still won't hv ur carplate splashed on a public forum..

Granted... Merc was provoked. Shld not have reacted so childishly..and crucially dangerously. Has to be punished jialat jialat... Two wrongs don't make a right.

And if u read tru everything.. Ur son ain't no angel himself.

Edited by FourZero
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2