Msia touch n go card expired need advice.

Ahyoo2002

Go KL to and from you can use up over RM50. Not to say our friendly Woodlands and Tuas check points are pretty good money reducing agents

• Praise 3

got expiry never mind if they will refund you, but it's all makaned!!!

Never like this type of rubbish. [thumbsdown]

It's a very legal and lucrative loophole for these cash card operators. They should be more tightly regulated instead of leaving it to their own whimps and fancies.

I am looking forward to the day when the monetory authorities officially issue their virtual money which can be easily and securely transacted. [idea]

Of course, they should also continue issue real hard copy money in order not to frustrate not so noble (but still legal) activities like chicken farm activities. [:p]

The value got expiry meh? Jialat i think ingot 180 rm haha

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

the card is valid for 10 years.............but you have to use it at least once a year to keep it active.........the card become invalid if not use for more than a year..............

for expired cards.............need to go TNG office to transfer the balance...........

for inactive cards..........the toll booths where you buy new cards can transfer the balance for you...........

• Praise 1

how to check if the card is expiring soon?

i think mine still have RM40+ inside [:(]

yours likely hong kan liao.......... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 3

When they come to Singapore office, I leave my card on the common table. So they just took it and top up.

So they assume that the card always there mean low value and thus need to top up.

I go there once every fortnight. Not too bad.

like that if you need to go over before their next trip how???........... :huh::wacko::blink:

• Praise 2

They have an office just after the Causeway,... nearby Shell station.

There's a row of shop lots.

I think the T n Go office still there. They should be able to transfer the balance to a new card. Otherwise,... they will issue refund, but will take time.

After clearing custom ,at the second junction turn left and immediately(on the left is car washing shop) turn right. It is somewhere in the middle of the shop hse. There are some mama shop and money changing service at the shop hse. Hope that help

Edited by Rustyz

the card is valid for 10 years.............but you have to use it at least once a year to keep it active.........the card become invalid if not use for more than a year..............

for expired cards.............need to go TNG office to transfer the balance...........

for inactive cards..........the toll booths where you buy new cards can transfer the balance for you...........

For my inactive card, i.e. did not use for more than a year on what they said, toll booth's staff asked me to go to office.

Troublesome, I don't bother to do it since the value in it is not high.

For my inactive card, i.e. did not use for more than a year on what they said, toll booth's staff asked me to go to office.

Troublesome, I don't bother to do it since the value in it is not high.

maybe they change again...........the last I had an inactive card i went through 2nd link.............they replace and transfer the credit for me............

• Praise 1

like that if you need to go over before their next trip how???........... :huh::wacko::blink:

Usually I go office first. So will definitely get the card before crossing over.

Most of the time topang colleagues in my car as well.

Hi,

Just to share. My TNG card has been inactive for 1.5 years. I went to their website and read that the inactive card can be deactivated at the counter and a deduction of RM5 will be imposed. It was not true at all.

I went to counter 10 to deactivate the card. The girl told me spoilt. I told her it was not spoil, it was inactive and my colleague checked for me that there was a value of RM29.80 when he inserted inside his malaysia cash card reader in his car.

She told me to go to their head office to get the refund and purchased a new one. I wonder whether the rules has changed or this counter girl simply is ignorance.

http://www.touchngo.com.my/CMS/Personal/Products/Touch-n-Go-Card/Touch-n-Go-Card-FAQ/

Dormant/Inactive Card

• What is the definition of DORMANT or INACTIVE TOUCH 'n GO CARD?
    • Under the Terms & Conditions of Touch 'n Go card, an inactive card is defined as a card which has not had any Card Transactions by way of Add Value Transaction or which has not had any utilisation of its pre-paid balances with any Service Providers for a consecutive period of 12 months.
  • How to keep my Touch 'n Go card active?
    • Your card will remain active as long as you reload or use at least once a year.
  • What do I do if my Touch 'n Go card has been deactivated?
    • Please visit our counter to surrender your card and get back your unutilised card balance (subject to the terms & conditions)
  • Will there be a fee when a card is deactivated?
    • Once a card is deactivated, an DORMANT FEE of RM5.00 will be imposed immediately and deducted from the deposit or unutilised card balance.
    • In the event of a deactivated card continues to remain inactive, a MAINTENANCE FEE of RM5.00 will be charged and deducted from the said deposit or unutilised card balance once every six (6) months.
    • We will stop charging maintenance fee when the card is reactivated, returned for refund or until the deposit and card balance are depleted.

i dun think they are allowed to do refund at the immigration counter. Same goes to our MRT station, not all are allowed to do refund.

Hi,

Just to share. My TNG card has been inactive for 1.5 years. I went to their website and read that the inactive card can be deactivated at the counter and a deduction of RM5 will be imposed. It was not true at all.

I went to counter 10 to deactivate the card. The girl told me spoilt. I told her it was not spoil, it was inactive and my colleague checked for me that there was a value of RM29.80 when he inserted inside his malaysia cash card reader in his car.

She told me to go to their head office to get the refund and purchased a new one. I wonder whether the rules has changed or this counter girl simply is ignorance.

http://www.touchngo.com.my/CMS/Personal/Products/Touch-n-Go-Card/Touch-n-Go-Card-FAQ/

Dormant/Inactive Card

• Under the Terms & Conditions of Touch 'n Go card, an inactive card is defined as a card which has not had any Card Transactions by way of Add Value Transaction or which has not had any utilisation of its pre-paid balances with any Service Providers for a consecutive period of 12 months.
    • Your card will remain active as long as you reload or use at least once a year.
    • Please visit our counter to surrender your card and get back your unutilised card balance (subject to the terms & conditions)
    • Once a card is deactivated, an DORMANT FEE of RM5.00 will be imposed immediately and deducted from the deposit or unutilised card balance.
    • In the event of a deactivated card continues to remain inactive, a MAINTENANCE FEE of RM5.00 will be charged and deducted from the said deposit or unutilised card balance once every six (6) months.
    • We will stop charging maintenance fee when the card is reactivated, returned for refund or until the deposit and card balance are depleted.

Turbocharged

<p>Hi, Just to share. My TNG card has been inactive for 1.5 years. I went to their website and read that the inactive card can be deactivated at the counter and a deduction of RM5 will be imposed. It was not true at all. I went to counter 10 to deactivate the card. The girl told me spoilt. I told her it was not spoil, it was inactive and my colleague checked for me that there was a value of RM29.80 when he inserted inside his malaysia cash card reader in his car. She told me to go to their head office to get the refund and purchased a new one. I wonder whether the rules has changed or this counter girl simply is ignorance. http://www.touchngo.com.my/CMS/Personal/Products/Touch-n-Go-Card/Touch-n-Go-Card-FAQ/Dormant/Inactive Card

They tried to pull a fast one on you...happened to me too.

I was not so fortunate as you were: they told me that my card is expired and has no value.

• Praise 1

They tried to pull a fast one on you...happened to me too.

I was not so fortunate as you were: they told me that my card is expired and has no value.

Oh, actually there is an expiry date on the date. It stated that the expiry date was 2019 and I have checked the value prior to this trip so she had no excuse to tell me that it has expired and no value.

But she worse, she told me SPOILT wahahahahhahaha. But i have already written a feedback to the TNG customer service and see what they say. If cannot refund or transfer to my new card then no choice lor, heng only RM29.80.

↡ Advertisement