Delay of Honda Vezel

ktcc68

Bro n friends,

I visited few PI in Turf city. Where can I find the forum sharing on PI reliability?

Perhaps, with past experience from those buyers, it help to identify good PI and Bad PI.

I would prefer PI that are in existence for more than 10 years. As an indication of their reputation and sustainability. Of course established companies can also be proven otherwise, but it's a safe bet.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

First time posting comments here. I do not know if I should post the PI info. I shall not reveal the info yet.

Case 1

My friend bought a Vezel last month from a PI and the agreed to deliver it by Jun 2015. His car rep just called to inform that the shipment has been delayed, without letting him know the new delivery date/month. I thought minimally the PI should advise him the new delivery timeline.

Case 2

As for my case, I bought my Vezel from a separate PI, in March 2015 and the delivery by June 2016. So far no news nor interim updates from them. Yesterday was the first COE bidding in Jun. When I texted my sales rep if he would bid for me, he said should be in the next bidding, 17 June. (Maybe it is just me) I was hoping for a more enthusiastic reply.

I wonder for both cases, if PIs are unable to deliver by the agreed month, do we have the right to request to get back our deposit? The reason I agreed to this sale, especially with "$0 COE rebate", is that they promised to deliver by June.

If they were to postpone the delivery and COE price drops drastically, this will work against me.

We are both first-time buyers from PIs. The wait can be quite agonizing.

• Praise 1

First time posting comments here. I do not know if I should post the PI info. I shall not reveal the info yet.

Case 1

My friend bought a Vezel last month from a PI and the agreed to deliver it by Jun 2015. His car rep just called to inform that the shipment has been delayed, without letting him know the new delivery date/month. I thought minimally the PI should advise him the new delivery timeline.

Case 2

As for my case, I bought my Vezel from a separate PI, in March 2015 and the delivery by June 2016. So far no news nor interim updates from them. Yesterday was the first COE bidding in Jun. When I texted my sales rep if he would bid for me, he said should be in the next bidding, 17 June. (Maybe it is just me) I was hoping for a more enthusiastic reply.

I wonder for both cases, if PIs are unable to deliver by the agreed month, do we have the right to request to get back our deposit? The reason I agreed to this sale, especially with "$0 COE rebate", is that they promised to deliver by June.

If they were to postpone the delivery and COE price drops drastically, this will work against me.

If you both signed the sales agreement and the agreed delivery date is by June 2015. Therefore if the vehicle unable to deliver by June 2015, the agreement is void and you both can claim back the full refund of deposit. You did not cancel the agreement. It is the PI that failed to deliver the car by the agreed date. All these must be in black and white to make the claim easier.

• Praise 2

Case 1

Case 2

I believe case 2 "June 2016" is typo,

do you have black/white contract with the PI of delivery date? or only PI verbal permission?

if yes, you can either get back your deposit or let PI compensate your transport consumption,

if no contract, then you can do nothing except waiting,

• Praise 2

If you both signed the sales agreement and the agreed delivery date is by June 2015. Therefore if the vehicle unable to deliver by June 2015, the agreement is void and you both can claim back the full refund of deposit. You did not cancel the agreement. It is the PI that failed to deliver the car by the agreed date. All these must be in black and white to make the claim easier.

Noted. Thanks Bobby. Will let my friend know.

As for my case, I will know by 17 Jun, the 2nd COE bidding.

(edited)

I believe case 2 "June 2016" is typo,

do you have black/white contract with the PI of delivery date? or only PI verbal permission?

if yes, you can either get back your deposit or let PI compensate your transport consumption,

if no contract, then you can do nothing except waiting,

My bad, it should be Jun 2015. Yes, it's stated in the Sales and Purchase Agreement.

I made this purchase before the announcement of the COE bumper crop from May to Jul 2015.

So the $0 COE rebate might be an issue to me

Thanks Quantum for the advice.

Edited by Hwang79

My bad, it should be Jun 2015. Yes, it's stated in the Sales and Purchase Agreement.

I made this purchase before the announcement of the COE bumper crop from May to Jul 2015.

So the $0 COE rebate might be an issue to me

Thanks Quantum for the advice.

Who your PI please advice.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My Case:

Booked 1st march from a "reputable" pi and also case trust acredited. Verbally supposed delivery is end apr/mid-may. On the agreement paper just wrote apr/may...now coming end june, no news of the car yet and cant even give me an exact date of delivery. kept on delaying telling me stories that the car is in singapore customs waiting to pay duty tax then can register my car. COE already secured, VITAS/VICOM inspection done. I dont even know how long more i hv to wait. Sucks to the max!

• Praise 1

My Case:

Booked 1st march from a "reputable" pi and also case trust acredited. Verbally supposed delivery is end apr/mid-may. On the agreement paper just wrote apr/may...now coming end june, no news of the car yet and cant even give me an exact date of delivery. kept on delaying telling me stories that the car is in singapore customs waiting to pay duty tax then can register my car. COE already secured, VITAS/VICOM inspection done. I dont even know how long more i hv to wait. Sucks to the max!

As mentioned bro, good to give me agreement no so i can follow up for you. I also like to know if my company deliver what is promised to the customers. Last thing i want is i keep selling on the promised delivery yet there are unhappy customers like yourself who are not having this promised delivered.

(edited)

My Case:

Bro, assuming you are a new member and does not know how to pm. Since you just clock 2 posta trying to sound off your displeasure. appreciate if you can contact me at 9889 9155. I have been to this forum outing before and even won prizes for my reviews. I will stand up to my claim of what my company promised until you proved me wrong which i really wish you are a genuine case which i can use to improve my company and myself.

Jason Goh

Car Times Automotive Pte Ltd - Sales Executive

17 Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Showroom

Monile: 9889 9155

Edited by Jasongcp

Neutral Newbie

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I booked a vezel in mid March 2015. Was told that I should get the car in June 2015. I've been calling the sales rep and no definite answer was given. Was told to wait. Which PI did you buy from if you don't mind sharing

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Make sure all details are written clearly on the sales agreement, price, coe bids , starting from when, coe rebate amount, all charges, items or accessories included, warranty terms , which workshop , delivery date , etc . This is to ensure buyers wont be pushed to a disadvantaged position when things are not done accordingly.

• Praise 1

In end April, I ordered my Vezel from one of the PI at Turf City for delivery in July. Till now, I couldn't even get a date of the arrival. No feedback at all and COE price has been going downhill. My agreement specified delivery in July/Aug and it seems I might have to void the agreement if no car in August. Not sure should I continue to get the Vezel from another PI#. Any recommendation?

• Praise 1

In end April, I ordered my Vezel from one of the PI at Turf City for delivery in July. Till now, I couldn't even get a date of the arrival. No feedback at all and COE price has been going downhill. My agreement specified delivery in July/Aug and it seems I might have to void the agreement if no car in August. Not sure should I continue to get the Vezel from another PI#. Any recommendation?

Go and get the Qashqai, almost the same price already. 5 years worry free warranty backed by Tan Chong and will cost no more to maintain. Why die die must have Honda badge.

• Praise 1

My Case:

I think secured COE is valid for 6 months. During this period, car must be registered.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1