Delay of Honda Vezel

ktcc68

Go and get the Qashqai, almost the same price already. 5 years worry free warranty backed by Tan Chong and will cost no more to maintain. Why die die must have Honda badge.

Different people got different taste.

Qashqai

1) Lower BHP.

2) Heavier than a vezel.

Honda and toyota are the most prefer brands for a japanese mass market car.

You resale value is also higher.

In end April, I ordered my Vezel from one of the PI at Turf City for delivery in July. Till now, I couldn't even get a date of the arrival. No feedback at all and COE price has been going downhill. My agreement specified delivery in July/Aug and it seems I might have to void the agreement if no car in August. Not sure should I continue to get the Vezel from another PI#. Any recommendation?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SGVezelHRVClub/

Join this FB group where it's not MODERATED by any PI or SE.

Your not the only one that have this problem, alot of others are in the same situation like you.

Some PI likes to just only take order and sell you cheap, hoping that the COE would drop further before they might even deliver the car to you. But if the COE goes north then maybe another Volks auto case would appear.

BTW Case trust accredited companies have to place a 50,000 security bond with them, let's say 50 customers are affected

how much do you think that you would get back?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

In end April, I ordered my Vezel from one of the PI at Turf City for delivery in July. Till now, I couldn't even get a date of the arrival. No feedback at all and COE price has been going downhill. My agreement specified delivery in July/Aug and it seems I might have to void the agreement if no car in August. Not sure should I continue to get the Vezel from another PI#. Any recommendation?

I also faced the same situation as you. Booked in Apr 15 for delivery in July/Aug 15. No reply from PI till I went down to their office at Turf City for an answer. After getting the answer, I cancelled the deal, got back my deposit and bought from another PI. Now got my COE and car is being inspected. Luckily for me.

I think is not the matter of PI or AD.

Presuming your PI/AD is genuine and had indeed placed order from the dealers in overseas, there are still many circumstances that are beyond their control.

Delay in shipment, shipment being withheld by sender's custom, inspection by custom etc. All these will take reasonable amount of waiting time.

When your car touch Sg's shores, custom clearance is another waiting period that a PI/AD cant tell when the stocks can be released from our local authority. Have to queue to get the cargos unloaded and inspected.

When the cars are released from port and towed to the PI's warehouse, then cars need to be sent to LTA for inspection. and what i understand, this will easily take 6-8 weeks at least... again, this is beyond PI's control. everyone has to wait, queue and get the cars inspected. i dont think LTA will accept "kopi lui" to have your cars jump queue.

if i were the PI/AD i would love to get the car delivered to you asap, so that i can get the $$.

The only thing is , be it PI/AD, they should give a realistic delivery time to the buyers based on the above circumstances and should constantly update the buyers the exact status.

Indenting a vehicle definitely will take time, subject to the car availability from the manufacturers. At least 3-4 months i think.

So, the only way to avoid the long waiting time, get READY-STOCK !.

• Praise 1

Why.... Why still buy from pi

There are still ok pis around. Basic rule is buy from someone you know at least if possible. Why buy from pi? Bobian cos hrv lower specs and crazy price.

• Praise 2

There are still ok pis around. Basic rule is buy from someone you know at least if possible. Why buy from pi? Bobian cos hrv lower specs and crazy price.

Bobian can be also......cos very very like this baby, the one and only.

• Praise 1

Agreed. Lol...who knows years down the road will have vezel 1.5 turbo. Then KM really sucks big time if they still stick to low specs variant...

Agreed. Lol...who knows years down the road will have vezel 1.5 turbo. Then KM really sucks big time if they still stick to low specs variant...

with the delay in shipping ,it is risky to put in order to pi. Buyers carry too much risk of - falling COE & PI close shop.

Best is to buy from those PI with ready stock. No Ready stock no talk., With Ready Stock, you can get them to write down the Chassis number of the Car on the purchase agreement. Why go purchase a car that got no ready stock and put yourself at risk?

because ready stock means more expensive ...

for the same car same spec same color ... one has to pay higher just because ready stock

and this because cannot trust the PI? [sly]

if cannot trust the PI why buy from the PI

the fundamental question is PI cannot be trusted

to fund a trustworthy PI is by chance or by reference ... better get a good PI ... before you decided to buy the car

Best is to buy from those PI with ready stock. No Ready stock no talk., With Ready Stock, you can get them to write down the Chassis number of the Car on the purchase agreement. Why go purchase a car that got no ready stock and put yourself at risk?

Edited by Wt_know

How to know if a PI really has ready stock ? They can show you one car and say that is ready stock for you, and say the same to every customer.

How to know if a PI really has ready stock ? They can show you one car and say that is ready stock for you, and say the same to every customer.

Ask them to show you prove such as inspection notice / approvals.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Similar cases to me too. 

Bough a car from " L*co  Pr*stig* " <---------- big time scammer! Located @ Turf Club. Unit B*   

Purchase at : June 2015    

Promised delivery at: Aug 2015

Until now only i have gotten my car!!!!   (7 Months + later)

My car was drag all the way till Mid july no news. Until i call up they given me most excuses where most people encounter!

EX: shipment late, supplier no stock, Customs holding the car for 4 months!, vitas rechecking, LTA too lazy.....

------------------------------------

1. car chassis number are completely useless when P.I give you that.. because you wont be able to find a record from customs help line!

You need: the import permit reference no. with the customs

However 95% of the time you wont get this info as the P.I will tell you that these are confidential document, or is their business detail and other creative bulls**t reason... 

Alt Step: Bag for the customs help line to get the officer to call you back because of the unique situation and you only have the car chassis number.... THEY WILL CALL YOU back! and you will found out that most of the time the P.I actually did not order ur car till the last min. 

PROs there please correct me if im wrong.

I think P.I actually took your money and order the car.. just that they sell it to the buyer who pay more for ready stock/express delivery...

The actual timeline for entire buying till you get your car actually range between 7-10 weeks max. 

Good luck people

buy in march 2015 deliver in june 2016???

SMLJ?

First time posting comments here. I do not know if I should post the PI info. I shall not reveal the info yet.

Case 1

My friend bought a Vezel last month from a PI and the agreed to deliver it by Jun 2015. His car rep just called to inform that the shipment has been delayed, without letting him know the new delivery date/month. I thought minimally the PI should advise him the new delivery timeline.

Case 2

As for my case, I bought my Vezel from a separate PI, in March 2015 and the delivery by June 2016. So far no news nor interim updates from them. Yesterday was the first COE bidding in Jun. When I texted my sales rep if he would bid for me, he said should be in the next bidding, 17 June. (Maybe it is just me) I was hoping for a more enthusiastic reply.

I wonder for both cases, if PIs are unable to deliver by the agreed month, do we have the right to request to get back our deposit? The reason I agreed to this sale, especially with "$0 COE rebate", is that they promised to deliver by June.

If they were to postpone the delivery and COE price drops drastically, this will work against me.

We are both first-time buyers from PIs. The wait can be quite agonizing.

SMLJ?

No wonder i have friend who not interested to buy vezel, not due to the car no good but due to car is from PI, no confidence in them and ended get another car model from agent.

Neutral Newbie

SMLJ?

No la. i think he Mean 

buy in March 2015 deliver in june 2016. Typo. 

But it's still not standard time. Usually 8 weeks. 

Neutral Newbie

No la. i think he Mean 

buy in March 2015 deliver in june 2016. Typo. 

i mean

No la. i think he Mean 

buy in March 2015 deliver in june 2015. Typo. 

↡ Advertisement