Delay of Honda Vezel

ktcc68

Hi i'm new here and just chance upon this thread. Hope someone could be able to help and advise? 

First time buying a car, so really not sure how does the market works. 

Currently having the same problem, sign in April, gotten my COE last month and PI promised verbally to deliver the car within one month. But till date its more than a month already and their initial reason was leather making will take 1 month to do. 

@: Leather don't take 1 month to do especially now for a lot of new cars. leather covers are already pre-sewn. Unless its customized from LV or PRADA maybe will take 1 month or more.

Right after signing the contract and paid a deposit of 15k in April, they called and says that the current car i'm trading in will depreciate 1k per month from the day of signing of contract. She still tell me its a norm in this industry. Is it true?

@: Paid $15K booking fee is quite standard. Trade In? Rubbish! They should have factored in the waiting/delivery time and would have quoted you a "future" price.

After getting my COE, i waited a month and start texting them and at first they wanted me to go down make full payment and then the car will be ready in 2 weeks time. 

@: DO NOT MAKE FULL PAYMENT! PIs have different price for delivery, bidding is just a talk cock game, when they order from wholesaler, they have prices for 1mth/3mth/6mth delivery, the longer the duration, the cheaper it gets.

i started to get worry if i'm in a scam or something so i demand them to produce the car by a week time. 

Some of my friends says that this type of PI are trying to roll money around. The sales person even call me (cos i have been asking her for a exact date) and advise me not to come down and make the full payment first , cos she also worry as her boss is finding money!! OMG WIN LIAO LOR LIKE THAT. 

@: Ask whether Chassis number assigned to you already or not. But even though so, DO NOT and I say again DO NOT make further payments until car collection.

totally not sure what should i do next? really dont wanna just wait and wait. 

@ Just wait, you don't have much choice, crook PIs would be the most happy when you say you want to cancel, because they didn't cancel, you did and there goes the deposit.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

First and foremost there are tons of Parallel Importers dealers out there. Few things to take note before signing on the dotted line. 

1) 1 bid - 6 bid COE (Is it g'teed or non g'teed or "COE Capped at a certain level which you will have to top up upon a certain level")

2) Delivery date: Even if dealers have the COE bidded do make sure the car is it ready for registration? Has the inspection been approved by LTA to be able to register.

3) As some of the smaller company where they only ordered 1 or 2 units to collect orders they do not have actual stock on hand so they will face secure your order and make you wait as long because once they receive your order then will they book the car. 

4) Always look out for "Case trust accredited" Company as least thats the last line of defence if anything were to happen. ***From the news: Take note few years back when COE rise expotentially some PI who take orders from customer but unable to deliver the car because they will incur losses they could not afford to take. In fact some of the company in the news are now very active. 

5) Do your homework!!! Because ill informed means courting for trouble!

6) Make sure to take down the unit Chassis and Engine number of the new car ( Preventive Measures as well as confirmation they actually have the car on hand)

7) Buy from reputable sources! There's always a saying "Cheap does not means its good, Good things does not come cheap"

My humble 2 cents of opinion :)

Need help can PM me :)

Any reliable PI to recommend?

Will do. But I was thinking of going to case. Does that help?

Based on the SE's response it is unlikely you are going to get your car soon. 

I do not think CASE can help you much but you can try.

Neutral Newbie

I booked Honda vezel hybrid end of may and I'm still waiting to be delivered. This is my first time to deal with PI and I deeply regret it. Each time when I call my PI, the answer is standard- " your vehicle is in Su galore, I have your chassis number, but waiting for LTA inspection". I'm very much frustrated with this. I sold my car very early Abd now moving around without the car.

I booked Honda vezel hybrid end of may and I'm still waiting to be delivered. This is my first time to deal with PI and I deeply regret it. Each time when I call my PI, the answer is standard- " your vehicle is in Su galore, I have your chassis number, but waiting for LTA inspection". I'm very much frustrated with this. I sold my car very early Abd now moving around without the car.

COE is in steady and Shouldn't take that long I thought. Which PI you are getting from?

Neutral Newbie

I'm getting it from Trust motoring.

perhaps not so trust -worthy. 

wrong choice my friend..i got mine from jack cars and ive never regretted it. their service centre is great too. imagine 5 mechanics cleaning and doing ur car up. the satisfaction....

perhaps not so trust -worthy.

wrong choice my friend..i got mine from jack cars and ive never regretted it. their service centre is great too. imagine 5 mechanics cleaning and doing ur car up. the satisfaction....

Thanks bro. I got my vehicle. The 2017 model comes with some additional features. I love the new features. BTW if anyone is looking for hondavezel manual in English- visit manualslib.com

Thanks bro. I got my vehicle. The 2017 model comes with some additional features. I love the new features. BTW if anyone is looking for hondavezel manual in English- visit manualslib.com

bro i think you got it because theres a 7k drop. without it..haha

↡ Advertisement