Xiaomi Box VS MiniX

bellboy

Supercharged

I think few issues, (i'm also not particularly knowledgeable cos I'm getting bit sian of updating all these stuff)

1. Depending on your android OS, u may need to use SPMC if your android OS is older. If not have to use the Kodi v17 and above to support HD sources

2. The exodus add-on needs to be updated. U need to find the updated version from some repository.

Specto Fork is also another add-on which seems to be better or equivalent to exodus now.

I'm also using an outdated exodus version, so having problems as well.

Kodi forced users to update to Kodi v17 Krypton cos "the older version had serious security flaws which could compromise your network", but I suspect it's more towards the fact that the Android OS is so far ahead that apps developers simply do not want to keep developing apps for OS 3 or 4 versions behind.

Also, repos like tvaddons also got shut down, so a lot of repos got lost, plus some developers have given up on the initial projects like Genesis, Phoenix, even icdramas and KissAsian, and gone on to similar service projects albeit with different names, so these old apps don't get updated when the mirror links fail. This is also how Specto Fork came about.

I've half ditched my Viewqwest 4K box but still using the Ubox Gen 2 for it's live streaming. Kodi is now available on Win OS, so I've got that installed but quite a hassle without a remote, though I have a wireless mouse.

Still, kodi is a good choice because everything you want is contained within that app.

↡ Advertisement

Kodi forced users to update to Kodi v17 Krypton cos "the older version had serious security flaws which could compromise your network", but I suspect it's more towards the fact that the Android OS is so far ahead that apps developers simply do not want to keep developing apps for OS 3 or 4 versions behind.

Also, repos like tvaddons also got shut down, so a lot of repos got lost, plus some developers have given up on the initial projects like Genesis, Phoenix, even icdramas and KissAsian, and gone on to similar service projects albeit with different names, so these old apps don't get updated when the mirror links fail. This is also how Specto Fork came about.

I've half ditched my Viewqwest 4K box but still using the Ubox Gen 2 for it's live streaming. Kodi is now available on Win OS, so I've got that installed but quite a hassle without a remote, though I have a wireless mouse.

Still, kodi is a good choice because everything you want is contained within that app.

i use kodi for mediacorp lol. my box 4.4 whch is too old to support toggle.

the biggest loss to me was kissanime. Yeah icdramas apparently the latest version still work. But i can't find the 1.2.7.1. The link doesn't work anymore.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Instead of using a streaming tv box , the better alternative is to get the videos onto a notebook and then connect to tv and playback, if you know what I mean. There is no lag and the resolution is always better.

Edited by Ingenius

Supercharged

@stefanK can u get BPL on ubox?

Can. They've got Sky Sports, but usually only Skynet Sports from Myanmar works, the rest frequent buffering when big matches.

Now I'm using an APK downloaded from Google Playstore - PTV Sport.

Can. They've got Sky Sports, but usually only Skynet Sports from Myanmar works, the rest frequent buffering when big matches.

Now I'm using an APK downloaded from Google Playstore - PTV Sport.

yeah was wondering if got some more reliable subscription service. lol.

Supercharged

yeah was wondering if got some more reliable subscription service. lol.

nowadays quite difficult with a lot of 'providers' and middlemen going down. The good thing is for every 1 that goes down, another 2 or 3 sprouts up in it's place. Effort is needed to find those new links though. haha. It's easier if you are part of a community then you ghost around to find new sources.

nowadays quite difficult with a lot of 'providers' and middlemen going down. The good thing is for every 1 that goes down, another 2 or 3 sprouts up in it's place. Effort is needed to find those new links though. haha. It's easier if you are part of a community then you ghost around to find new sources.

Yeah my solution is just not to watch lol

How's everyone doing on their home media front? Been using google chromecast for some time now, no issues and seems a good alternative to the media boxes out there.

Plenty of stream sites these days, all you need is wifi and a chrome browser to cast.

I just watch less. Too lazy to hunt for new addons and apps.

Anything i want to watch i just download.

Anyway, recently mediacorp has quite a few good variety/documentaries that i'm watching.

i use kodi for mediacorp lol. my box 4.4 whch is too old to support toggle.

the biggest loss to me was kissanime. Yeah icdramas apparently the latest version still work. But i can't find the 1.2.7.1. The link doesn't work anymore.

Bro, can share how to use Kodi for mediacorp channels? need to add on what?

TIA

• Praise 1

Bro, can share how to use Kodi for mediacorp channels? need to add on what?

TIA

Mediacorp addon. It's native to kodi, can search among video addons. Google how to do it if u dunno.

Upside is that it's ad free. Can pause anytime and don't have the stupid ass ads that Toggle has.

Down side is that the streaming is more unreliable than Toggle. Also not all shows are available. only locally produced content. U can't catch up on say your korean dramas that was telecast last night.

I use it to watch documentaries mostly. Like Tuesday Report.

• Praise 1

How's everyone doing on their home media front? Been using google chromecast for some time now, no issues and seems a good alternative to the media boxes out there.

Plenty of stream sites these days, all you need is wifi and a chrome browser to cast.

You casting apps or screen? Quality for screens like not very good and drains the battery very fast for mobile devices.

I'm using chromecast also but normally just cast youtube. Was casting FTWD over the weekend from my laptop to TV but video very choppy. Casting screen resulting in some cropping on the video. End of the day, i still prefer to download, copy into thumbdrive and watch on the TV. 

TV box seems to obsolete very fast as Android keeps updating and service provider go missing. 

Can someone with a Mi TV box confirm that you are able to download apps like 影视大全 and Moon Video that will allow you to watch movies on your smart TV? I suspect the issue may be with the Apps. ie. inability to support TV box and or Google chromecast. If so, what are the apps with good contents that are able to do so?

I am now able to watch movies on my iphone and ipad with these apps, I presume it is all legit, but i can't seems to find a way to get around to watching them on my Android smart TV, via airplay or mirroring (via Apple TV).

Don't wish to go the "ahem" way.

Can someone with a Mi TV box confirm that you are able to download apps like å½±è§å¤§å¨ and Moon Video that will allow you to watch movies on your smart TV? I suspect the issue may be with the Apps. ie. inability to support TV box and or Google chromecast. If so, what are the apps with good contents that are able to do so?

I am now able to watch movies on my iphone and ipad with these apps, I presume it is all legit, but i can't seems to find a way to get around to watching them on my Android smart TV, via airplay or mirroring (via Apple TV).

Don't wish to go the "ahem" way.

any apps that allow you to watch for free is definitely not legal [laugh]

(edited)

any apps that allow you to watch for free is definitely not legal [laugh]

Can assume my assumptions are correct? Wahaha.... Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement