PS4 or XBox One

NightWind

PS4 or XBox One  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick your preferred console

• PS4
    • XBox One

tel 微軟 to concentrate on the PC....don waste time make simi ran Jiao console lah :s13:

PS4 FTW~~~!!!

( actually wanna buy the 20th anniversary one :( )

Edited by Nightkids
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

After afew months of review i did not get either the Ps4 or Xbox One. I wanted a complete home entertainment system, and one big issue is these boxes cannot stream and play rmvb and mkv files from the net.

In the end i bought the Minix Neox8h Plus Android player. I know its not the same kind of console, but i simply love it. I play some games, surf the net, email, facebook and watch youtube n tons of online movies and tv shows. And the latest version costs only $250, the Plus, includes hardware decoders n plays 4k content.

tel 微軟 to concentrate on the PC....don waste time make simi ran Jiao console lah :s13:

PS4 FTW~~~!!!

( actually wanna buy the 20th anniversary one :( )

After afew months of review i did not get either the Ps4 or Xbox One. I wanted a complete home entertainment system, and one big issue is these boxes cannot stream and play rmvb and mkv files from the net.

In the end i bought the Minix Neox8h Plus Android player. I know its not the same kind of console, but i simply love it. I play some games, surf the net, email, facebook and watch youtube n tons of online movies and tv shows. And the latest version costs only $250, the Plus, includes hardware decoders n plays 4k content.

Mmm......you are a 戲迷, not a 遊戲迷.....

Sorry bro my china is damm bad but i think u r saying i m not a serious gamer? I guess i am getting too old fer fps games. I used to spend hours on pc gamespy servers aying half life, cs, moh, before migrating to ps3.

Gone are those days n now i mostly play RPGs n strategy war games like commang n conquer, and some driving games.

Some times after work, i am just too tired to play. Just come home n stone in front of the Neo x8h player. Such is life.....

Mmm......you are a 戲迷, not a 遊戲迷.....

Sorry bro my china is damm bad but i think u r saying i m not a serious gamer? I guess i am getting too old fer fps games. I used to spend hours on pc gamespy servers aying half life, cs, moh, before migrating to ps3.

Gone are those days n now i mostly play RPGs n strategy war games like commang n conquer, and some driving games.

Some times after work, i am just too tired to play. Just come home n stone in front of the Neo x8h player. Such is life.....

hahahaha....wat I mean is you are not a hardcore gamer,nothing offensive....

I own a PS3 as well....a birthday gift from my wife....

at first chiong games until buey jiak buey Koon....no seldom play Leh.....really very seldom...and that makes me thinking should I get P'S4 when Final Fantasy comes out....[:)]

at first chiong games until buey jiak buey Koon....no seldom play Leh.....really very seldom...and that makes me thinking should I get P'S4 when Final Fantasy comes out....[:)]

I actually wanted ps4 just to play ff15...

Un the end really gave to wait quite long tull 2015 turn launch.. Now fifaing to fill the void before the game launches hopefully in March?

Hi I am in the same position as you. Ps3 games cant be played on Ps4. I am old school die hard and fer me the PC is stil the best platform for gaming and HTS. It is versatile unlike the consoles.

Maybe my next console will be Alienware Dell and hooked up to a UHD LG Oled 65" UHD TV :) YUMMY

btw anyone tried the Xiaomi Android TV Box? How does it compare with the Minix Neo x8h?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5IvAKJk_A8

Long time gaming on the PS3 and XB360. Finally got a chance to play all the games I have for both systems. Bought a PS4 last August because of a great Bundle deal at Target. (for $400, got a 500GB PS4 w/The Last of Us Remastered Download and vouchers for Infamous 2nd Son & COD Ghosts - it was a Flash sale the following day so I also scored "Shadows of Mordor: Game of the Year Addition) New console and 4 new games - Awesome. 4 Months later, I'm busy and having fun playing games on my newest console & there were some great bundle deals at a local Best Buy for the XBoxOne. I said, why not. December 29th comes around and I grab the Holiday Bundle 1TB version of the XB1, which includes "The 30th anniversary Rare replay". Used a bunch of Gift cards, gift certificates, and Holiday coupons and I decided to grab "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection - with Uncharted 1, 2, & 3, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, & Halo 5. All for $55.00. Great deal. Since I've got both systems and over 3 dozen games for both I'm going to be too busy gamin' to really decide which is the better of the 2. In the end, as long as you're having fun.

(edited)

Haha how r u bro.  Indeed Xbox One needs fixing.  But so too does PS4. This is an old tread but u picked a good time to revive it as we can see how these two consoles have lagged behind latest devlopment.

The tread was started in 2014, and between now and 2014, things have changed (and its only 1-2 yrs).  One big change is that 4k TVs are now main-stream and the prices are now very affordable.  Last yr i bought a 4k Oled 55" and am pairing this with the Minix Neo 8hPlus so the content is upscaled to 4k 2160P.

This is one critical area that both PS4 and Xbox One has not addressed,  4k viewing.  And its not just for game play but also for viewing videos and youtube and netflix etc.  neither consoles are currently 4k capable and that a big drag n thumbs down imho.

I am not technical enough to comment if both consoles can be upgraded via firmware updates to be 4k capable riding on their existing hardware constraints.  I suspect not otherwise Sony and Microsoft would have done so already? Or maybe they just want to hold back and create a market segment for the "PS5" or next "X Box 2" which will play 4k stuff.

Today there is an existing game console (excluding PC steam rigs) that is 4k ready and its the Nvidia Shield on Android TV platform.  This outputs games to 4k 2160p at 60fps via HDMI2.  At the moment i dont even know if PS4 or XBox 1 supports HDMI 2 to get 4k @ 60fps.

All i can say is that while the 1st and 2nd generation consoles  (X Box, Xbox 360,  PS2, PS3) stayed ahead of the game for at least 5years, the latest Ps4 and Xbox 1 are already lagging behind barely 2-3 years from launch. And these were supposed to be cutting edge consoles duh?

Fer me i will hold back on buying either Xbox 1 or Ps4 untill they roll-out the 4k updates.  In the mean time there is always the Nvidia Shield for 4k gaming at 60fps.  Yes the game library is limited atm but this is expected to increase and improve.

Pls share your thoughts and tks for revitilizing a old tread.

fix your s.hit man ... muahahaha

Edited by NightWind

Need some lobangs from all the bros n sistas.. I wanna buy a PS4 for my brother, any recommendation from any honest game shop? Thank you in advance~ :meaw:   

(edited)

I like both, recently I found info about website where every buyer can win PS4 or Nintendo Switch. I checked info on DrakeMall unboxing and want to try my luck too. The best part is that it's a win-win game. Hope I'll win PS4 one day

Edited by heatwave