Cheap Car Rental - Unpleasant Experience

Toeknee_33

In my case with IGUA MOTORING, they only cover 3rd party and you have to foot damages to the rental car and thus is a bottomless pit. That is my grouse. It is not about me have to pay more for insurance because i didnt.

Just for curiousity sake, if i own a Chery QQ and covered with a comprehensive policy and I drive my friend's Veyron and then prang it, my insurance company will pay?

↡ Advertisement

In my case with IGUA MOTORING, they only cover 3rd party and you have to foot damages to the rental car and thus is a bottomless pit. That is my grouse. It is not about me have to pay more for insurance because i didnt.

Just for curiousity sake, if i own a Chery QQ and covered with a comprehensive policy and I drive my friend's Veyron and then prang it, my insurance company will pay?

i think need your friend veyron insurance to pay... you insure the car not the person... that is why need licence plate, make and model of car, etc

Another bad experience - avoid SG Car Leasing Pte Ltd #02-12 WCEGA

Rented a mz3 for one week

Car was dirty, engine light was on, suspension creaky for 9 yo car (SFY)

2nd day, found one tire almost flat drive to tire ship nearby was told can't repair

Called up sales guy he said tire which is normal wear and tear they don't cover

Had to deal w this hooligan sale guy when returning car on tire issue again.

Avoid this car rental co unless you want:

- dirty car which they claim to maintain v well but yeah right, with all the above

- $5k excess for a 9yo car

- tire wear and tire they don't cover, this fxxxxx sale agent claim it must be the renter fault

- bad customer service and deal with this hooligan sale guy that will push everything back to you and also threaten to deduct your deposit or challenge you to "settle outside"

Overall: bad experience and avoid at all costs

Dear all,

Sorry to be out of topic. Joined this forum to seek help in finding a car that I rented early this year. The owner took back the car halfway while I was still renting and did not pay me back me back the deposit I made to him. Several promises to do so were all not fulfilled. Anyone who spot the car kindly let me know? Thanks all for the attention.

Details of owner and car: (Please see pic)

Mitsubishi 1.6 GLX

SFZ 9391 P

Grey

Owner name: (Daniel)

IC: deleted

Address: - deleted -

Last 2 work place - deleted

To those who knows him, ask him to come out and settle this properly.

To Daniel, if you are seeing this, me a man and come out and settle and stop hiding.

Any bro can help me to create a new thread for this posting? Thanks in advance.

If Daniel is the owner of the car, then there is nothing you can do even if you find the car and nothing you should do. In the first place, was the rental even legit to begin with. If so, you might have a legal recourse agianst him but it is probably not worth the time and money.

Posting his details on a public forum is not going to help your cause. Spamming across threads is just plain irritating. There are scores of legitimate car rental companies out there. Your experience at least would serve as a warning to those who insist on renting from illegal sources.

If Daniel is the owner of the car, then there is nothing you can do even if you find the car and nothing you should do. In the first place, was the rental even legit to begin with. If so, you might have a legal recourse agianst him but it is probably not worth the time and money.

Posting his details on a public forum is not going to help your cause. Spamming across threads is just plain irritating. There are scores of legitimate car rental companies out there. Your experience at least would serve as a warning to those who insist on renting from illegal sources.

Dear Moderator,

I am just seeking the masses of the forum participants to help me lookout for the car. While I agree with you that it can be irritating to spam across different threads but I just wanted more views and apologise on that.

As to what you claim that nothing can be done, perhaps not true. I went to his residence a few times and even police is involved. I did not tell you all the full story that he even blackmailed me when he took back the car saying if I wanted the things on the car, I need to pay him a sum of money. Small claims do not do anything on rental and the other legal means is to hire a legal counsel which sounds stupid for around 1k. Like I told the man in blue, if the law can't do anything to such a thrash, let me handle him.

Dear Moderator,

I am just seeking the masses of the forum participants to help me lookout for the car. While I agree with you that it can be irritating to spam across different threads but I just wanted more views and apologise on that.

As to what you claim that nothing can be done, perhaps not true. I went to his residence a few times and even police is involved. I did not tell you all the full story that he even blackmailed me when he took back the car saying if I wanted the things on the car, I need to pay him a sum of money. Small claims do not do anything on rental and the other legal means is to hire a legal counsel which sounds stupid for around 1k. Like I told the man in blue, if the law can't do anything to such a thrash, let me handle him.

If you have his address and police is already involved, looks like you have all the info you need, why and what do you want from the forum? Looking for supporter to cheer for you?

Your words "if the law can't do anything to such thrash, let me handle him" is a threat that put you in trouble if anything were to happen to Daniel.

Dear Moderator,

Most of us not interested in your story. Move on n take it to another forum

Internal Moderator

@Finding_SFZ9319P i hope you find the SFZ9319P you were looking for and get your money back.

Other than that, perhaps HWZ would be a better place to CSI the guy out if that's your original intention, but I don't think that's gonna help much either.

don't know why this kind of company still can survive,

manual compact car $S60day/per not so cheap, car dirty, mal-function,

if i'm not wrong, S$75 day/per can rent Civic (AT) from reputed rental company

can share contact for $75 per day civic? Thanks!

Neutral Newbie
Just want to share a very Bad experience with this car rental company Neo r & r pte ltd .. Anyone has bad reviews with this ppl? Gave me a scratchy and dents airwave and when return car they purposely see the bottom front bumper for dent which is obvious the staff might have miss look it at the first place even I can't see the dent damage after inspecting the car before taking the worst part I had to pay $220 extra damages for these.. I'll share pictures later.. 

My bad for not noticing that stupid bumper dent and taking a bad condition car..

Anyone can share advise?

the front bumper dent and mark

IMG_4218.jpg

the car

IMG_4221.jpg

the con artist office

IMG_4222.jpg

i forgotten where i put the lady namecard she inspected the car with me

This is the guy who inspected the car when i return i ask him who is the boss he says is not him when i saw the office the name is on top from the rest.. quite obvious he's the owner..

IMG_4223.jpg

Neo R & R... 

They were quite notorious in the past, now still so notorious? I thought got a lot of good reviews about them...

I actually want to rent a car but thought to myself - a leopard never change its spots...

In the end what happen?

Just want to share a very Bad experience with this car rental company Neo r & r pte ltd .. Anyone has bad reviews with this ppl? Gave me a scratchy and dents airwave and when return car they purposely see the bottom front bumper for dent which is obvious the staff might have miss look it at the first place even I can't see the dent damage after inspecting the car before taking the worst part I had to pay $220 extra damages for these.. I'll share pictures later.. 

My bad for not noticing that stupid bumper dent and taking a bad condition car..

Anyone can share advise?

the front bumper dent and mark
IMG_4218.jpg

the car
IMG_4221.jpg

the con artist office
IMG_4222.jpg

This is the guy who inspected the car when i return i ask him who is the boss he says is not him when i saw the office the name is on top from the rest.. quite obvious he's the owner..
IMG_4223.jpg

Neutral Newbie

found someone who is leading this to CASE currently the group consist of 4-6 ppl that have cases of repairs went up to 500-900 when the damages are like hairlines and non visible area.

Someone has told us that Kino Neo is the boss... ask me to go down office to talk to me its just another con men tactic.. 

cheap things don't come good, good things don't come cheap. Always go for renowned car rental. These small time firm usually play punk. Their car could even be without necessary insurance.

Anyone can share advise?

How much you pay for the rental?

Neo R & R... 

They were quite notorious in the past, now still so notorious? I thought got a lot of good reviews about them...

I actually want to rent a car but thought to myself - a leopard never change its spots...

Rented from them before also. lucky nothing happen. 

Just want to share my experience dealing with Mr Lee from LCH Car Rental. Initially, Mr Lee was quite prompt in replies. However, after the deposit was made, the replies to queries became very slow. I even had to message the same questions again the next day to get a reply on the possibility of picking up the car at a later timing. Bearing in mind that the pickup time and venue were not even mentioned until I asked (they were also stated anywhere in the facebook page) and after the deposit, I only received a reply, "ok can".

Adding on, it was stated in the facebook page that there is no hidden fees and charges. I do understand that because I was not able to adhere to the company's standard collection timing (which I was not even told in the first place during the booking), I have to pay an additional fee. I do not mind the additional fee but feel that it should be clearly relayed to the customer at the very beginning before deposit is placed or list it somewhere in your website.

During the conversation, Mr Lee even mentioned about letting me look at the rental contract which stated the standard collection time. The funniest thing I find is I did not even receive any rental contract when deposit was placed or any other forms of terms and conditions/ formal acknowledgement/confirmation/invoice except for a “ok can” reply.

Therefore, I have decided to cancel my intention to rent a car from LCH because of the lack of transparency in dealing with customers and tardiness in replies. Now, Mr Lee told me that if I cancel, the deposit will be forfeited. I feel that it is unjust because the information was relayed to the customer in the first place. Thus, it is no fault of the customer. I posted the exact same review in the company's facebook page but it was deleted. Subsequently, I was blocked as well. That also explains why the comments/ reviews/ posts found on LCH's facebook are all positive comments.

Brace yourself, if you would like to rent from this company. It is quite apparent what kind of customer service this company has to offer and how much integrity this company has.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1