Which is the worst taxi drivers?

nizmo89

I'm just wondering which taxi company do you think have the most amount of bad taxi drivers. In my opinion its comfort/city cab, they are the ones weaving through traffic, stop suddenly without signalling. I think even in most accidents involving taxis, the comfort/city cab are most likely to be involved. Anyone with other opinions?

↡ Advertisement

I'm just wondering which taxi company do you think have the most amount of bad taxi drivers. In my opinion its comfort/city cab, they are the ones weaving through traffic, stop suddenly without signalling. I think even in most accidents involving taxis, the comfort/city cab are most likely to be involved. Anyone with other opinions?

For me, it's the red taxi.. most are from other taxi companies that don't want them .

Recently I in this red taxi listened to this taxi driver kao peh about he in blue taxi for 12 yrs and was asked to leave because they received too many complaint about his driving. Then he said, people don't make mistake meh? He in this blue taxi company for 12 yrs and all they do is to ask him leave.

I in his taxi see his driving pattern, no wonder get many complain.. he anyhow cut lane, drive so fast , cut chevron, only thing he never do is to beat red light. So I come to conclusion for him is that he still feel he is not in wrong, I don't know why some people just so stubborn. Haiz.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

For me, it's the red taxi.. most are from other taxi companies that don't want them .

Bro, you did not ask him to STOP half way and take another taxi?

I once took a RED cab, driving horrible.

Kept on jam brake....don't know how to control the accelerator.

Ask him to alight me half way and I told him off that his driving sucks.

heng ah ....chun chun S$6. don't even need to wait for change.

• Praise 4

Well, you have to remember that Comfort is also the biggest player in the market, with the biggest fleet, so it's also more likely that you'll meet a reckless driver driving one of their taxis.

Recently I in this red taxi listened to this taxi driver kao peh about he in blue taxi for 12 yrs and was asked to leave because they received too many complaint about his driving. Then he said, people don't make mistake meh? He in this blue taxi company for 12 yrs and all they do is to ask him leave.

I in his taxi see his driving pattern, no wonder get many complain.. he anyhow cut lane, drive so fast , cut chevron, only thing he never do is to beat red light. So I come to conclusion for him is that he still feel he is not in wrong, I don't know why some people just so stubborn. Haiz.

Back in the early days when Transcab (the red ones) was established, I really did notice that their drivers were mostly a bunch of rogues, driving extra recklessly and being rude and dishonest on top of that. Like many others, always heard that many of them were "rejects" who were sacked from other companies. But today, it doesn't really seem to apply any more as Transcab is a bigger and more established operator now with many new hirers/drivers. To put it simply, 8 or 9 years ago, I would avoid taking the red cabs even when in a hurry and they were the only ones passing by, but today I have no qualms about taking them.

• Praise 2

It's a well known fact Transcab has the worst drivers. Their driving is terrible and reckless.

They accept all kinds of driver rejected by other companies.

My brother has a friend who is a transcab driver. He said it's no use complaining to transcab bcoz your complain Buey Zip (no enter).

I encounter higher frequency of red colour cab for bad driving habits although other cab companies also have, just that not as many.

But what I will keep a safe distance from are sonata cabs that have spoilt 3rd brake light (and there are quite a high percentage of them with spoilt 3rd brake light). At night when they brake it is just a tad brighter and not very apparent. In most other cars when braking another section of the rear light will light up so it is more apparent whereas sonata rear lights when braking just seem to have a slightly higher intensity that's all. It takes a while to register that they are actually braking and I got to really focus more on the lights and keep a further distance away from them in case I missed out that they are actually braking. If possible I will also try to change lane and not drive behind such cabs.

Edited by Imm

In my brief period of ownership and driving a car in SG, I would say with my eyes closed that Red ones were the worst ones. In fact, you can see previous posts in MCF by an aggressive red cab driver...

So far I have only openly praised one taxi driver for his driving skill. Most of the time, the taxi lohs' driving really CMi. Sometimes when they try to change lane and kena honked . . . I will say "check blindspot leh . . . "

Worst are those who accelerate and brake, accelerate and brake . . . dunno what is wrong?

• Praise 1

Most taxi loh are middle aged unkers. Eyesight not very good at night and the inflated unker ego can get out of hand. I only hope the authorities release less taxis to the roads. LoL...

• Praise 2

for me not obviously diff to segregate the worst taxi drivers by their company,

road hogger is the worest

Best is to cut their rental or revive driver-owner scheme (yellow top). How can taxi companies do nothing but get paid obscenely?

They should drive at most 6 hours per day. More than this, it's taking a severe toll on their health, concentration on the roads.

If anyone not happy, you can try driving for 3 hours under the hot sun throughout Singapore. Don't need to scan for passengers, etc etc. Just take your car and spin for 3 hours under hot sun and put your review here.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Best is to cut their rental or revive driver-owner scheme (yellow top). How can taxi companies do nothing but get paid obscenely?

They should drive at most 6 hours per day. More than this, it's taking a severe toll on their health, concentration on the roads.

If anyone not happy, you can try driving for 3 hours under the hot sun throughout Singapore. Don't need to scan for passengers, etc etc. Just take your car and spin for 3 hours under hot sun and put your review here.

But if they limit to 6 hours, who wants to drive. Most taxi drivers who I know can earn a decent income of 5-6k a month got to drive at least 10-12hrs for 6 days a week. Then the drivers got an even bigger problem of finding relief drivers. Now only 2 shifts already difficult. If 6 hrs only they got to find 3 more relief drivers to cover the rest of the hours.

I think the transcab drivers drive the worst cuz they usually drive longer hours than the others. Try asking them how they feel about finding relief drivers. Many of them cannot find relief drivers so have to drive longer hours to cover the rental. As for comfort, they have so many drivers that it isn't a problem.

Edited by Nzy