Which is the worst taxi drivers?

nizmo89

Collecting rentals from poor taxi drivers is the easist job.

This is the reason why so far, no taxi companies do away with rental scheme.

Did anyone of them try employing taxi drivers on their payroll? I mean, it's so easy to track and measure their KPIs now with GPS etc etc.

The fact is, the easy money is so hard for these taxi companies to give up their rental scheme and do something different.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Doesn't matter which companies these A hole taxi drivers comes from. The worst cabbies are those who have no regard for road safety to themselves & other fellow motorists.

Speeding, swerving into lanes without signaling & choosing passengers are some of the worst conduct by cab drivers.

I can only take comfort why theyre still cab drivers & im not.

Collecting rentals from poor taxi drivers is the easist job.

This is the reason why so far, no taxi companies do away with rental scheme.

Did anyone of them try employing taxi drivers on their payroll? I mean, it's so easy to track and measure their KPIs now with GPS etc etc.

The fact is, the easy money is so hard for these taxi companies to give up their rental scheme and do something different.

Passenger is indirect pay-master to the cab company, taxi driver is direct pay-master to the cab company. It's a conflict of interest to be too harsh on your direct pay-master, isn't it?

Any wonder why service levels remain crappy?

red taxi drivers are the worst. it's not that they suck on purpose but they really just can't drive. i ever took this red cab a few years back. from jurong to causeway point. dunno how he end up in some industrial area when he was using GPS to get there. best part was, GPS kept telling him to turn left but he kept on the middle lane. missed 3 left turns and i couldn't take it anymore, asked him to stop at the next busstop.

another one was more recent, was taking a cab to collect my car from servicing. brake also cannot brake properly, brake damn hard like his leg made of metal. nice guy to chat with la but just cannot make it. plus he was already 60+? so i just closed one eye.

Best is to cut their rental or revive driver-owner scheme (yellow top). How can taxi companies do nothing but get paid obscenely?

They should drive at most 6 hours per day. More than this, it's taking a severe toll on their health, concentration on the roads.

If anyone not happy, you can try driving for 3 hours under the hot sun throughout Singapore. Don't need to scan for passengers, etc etc. Just take your car and spin for 3 hours under hot sun and put your review here.

Taxi companies owned by which holdings company and you want to set up to compete with them?

My brother has a friend who is a transcab driver. He said it's no use complaining to transcab bcoz your complain Buey Zip (no enter).

I agreed on this.....only Citycab and Comfort will take action and reply yr email.

The rest of the colours, man man tan (wait long long). don't need to send complaint to the colour company. Just email straight to TP or LTA for them to take action.

I think just give and take bah. Most of them are mostly > 60 yrs old. Reflexes not so fast, too confident in driving over the years and resulted in these ways of driving. To them, time is money, most of their income is from the flag-down fares, so naturally they wanna rush for time. And also, most of the time they are driving around w/o passenger, so thier driving pattern will remain the same regardless with or without passenger. I realized this point when my wife reminds me to drive more slowly and gently whenever our little kids are in the car. The perspective from the driver who handle the car and a passenger who especially doesn't drive at all, can be very different. Drive safely everyone.

Edited by Optramagnum

The common reason from taxi drivers remains that they are earning an income from driving hence their behaviour must be accepted. So if you are the poor sales guy who's driving to meet an appointment to meet a client and the taxi makes you bang into a wall, then too bad from the taxi.

Decidedly Machivaelian, so it's a matter of time that cars run taxis into a wall and drivers shrug and say too bad to the taxi.

• Praise 1

took a sonata comfort one from airport to home recently. Haven't taken a cab in few years.

Terrible driver. accelerate, let go completely. accelerate let go completely.

Macham like dunno how the TPE will join SLE. Lentor dunno also why let go and coast when like 2km+ from the next junction.

50+ yo uncle. I just diam diam. It's 4am in the morning so i don't complain too much.

transcab was very bad few years ago.

Now i think all about sama sama. no real sterotype bad driver taxi company.

Turbocharged

Today -

quite stunned to see 2 tow trucks travelling together, each with a red taxi.

looks like Renault taxi. Both had serious damage to the front part of the taxi.

don't think these taxis collided with each other - more like being towed from some traffic police compound.

was wondering, did tiredness caused the accidents - looks like quite high impact collision.

Turbocharged

Two days ago saw a Prime Taxi (Car no 2220) Driver.

Whole right arm all tattoo.

Dont even bother to wear a long sleeve shirt to cover it

Shame to have such a driver especially they are in the frontline dealing with tourist.

I see already also dont dare to take

Hypersonic

Today -

quite stunned to see 2 tow trucks travelling together, each with a red taxi.

looks like Renault taxi. Both had serious damage to the front part of the taxi.

don't think these taxis collided with each other - more like being towed from some traffic police compound.

was wondering, did tiredness caused the accidents - looks like quite high impact collision.

Good riddance to the 2 taxis. Everyone here know Transcab have the worst drivers.

Passenger is indirect pay-master to the cab company, taxi driver is direct pay-master to the cab company. It's a conflict of interest to be too harsh on your direct pay-master, isn't it?

Any wonder why service levels remain crappy?

Yup, too many people just dont realise this point.

The customer is always right. And the passenger is not the customer in the cab co's eyes.

Enforcement needs to be handled by LTA. No everything taichi say privatised liao call cab company to give feedback.

↡ Advertisement