Recommendation of good funeral palour

Su27

Most of us prepare and plan for retirement; but this last ' event ' is something that most of us did not plan for.

Never die without a Will. You will be doing your beneficiaries a big favour by having a very clear Will. Otherwise your assets will be locked up for months or even years, if you have sizeable assets that are contested. What will your family lived on if bank accounts are frozen.

Banks have staff trawling the obituaries daily. Once a death notice appears, the account is frozen till Letter of Admin is produced.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Singapore Casket has a main advantage ... You can lock the doors and go home to get some rest ... Void Deck, you need someone to be around ...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Singapore Casket has a main advantage ... You can lock the doors and go home to get some rest ... Void Deck, you need someone to be around ...

there are people who can do night shift for a fees. i think is $100 /night.

• Praise 1

Never die without a Will. You will be doing your beneficiaries a big favour by having a very clear Will. Otherwise your assets will be locked up for months or even years, if you have sizeable assets that are contested. What will your family lived on if bank accounts are frozen.

Banks have staff trawling the obituaries daily. Once a death notice appears, the account is frozen till Letter of Admin is produced.

Huh? Sure or not? [confused]   

Are U working in bank & looking at obituaries?  [sweatdrop]

I dun work in bank but I do look at obituaries ... in case got someone I know... [:(]

• Praise 1

Yes, big consumer banks have people looking at obituaries daily.

A simple Will costs only $280 to make. You will get pay back many times over from time you visit a lawyer to make claim against the deceased's accounts.

My mother died without a Will and she did not have substantive assets nor did any of the beneficiaries under the Act contest. She only had cash and some shares. It took well over 6 months to get funds released. If she had property and no Will, the waiting period would have been much longer. If have property with mortgage, then lagi complicated. 

Girl power: More women joining funeral-services industry in S'pore

She's eager to hire more women She's the daughter of well-known undertaker Mr Roland Tay.

So taking over Direct Funeral Services from her father meant Ms Jenny Tay, 30, had to prove herself.

"When I first started working in the company, there were no women at all.

"Even the vendors who worked with my father didn't think I would be in the industry for very long," says Ms Tay, the company's managing director.

"But I refused to give in. I've been working very hard to maintain the business - constantly bringing in new innovative elements and upgrading our services, not just for the company, but for the industry - all so I can create a legacy for my father."

Ms Tay, through her role as assistant secretary at the Association of Funeral Directors, is also attempting to push for industry players to get their CaseTrust accreditation, where the different companies agree to make a commitment to fair trading and transparency to consumers.

Ms Tay, who took over the company in 2014, says she is eager to hire more women because they add a "softer touch" to the solemn event.

KEEN

"I remember my father used to tell me that it was very hard to find workers who are my age," she says.

"However, a lot more people are keen to join the funeral business. I've also had a lot more women applying to the company.

"Now, about a quarter of my staff are female and that's a big change from what it used to be."

On taking over the business, she says: "Yes, it was easier for me that my father had a personal relationship with our company's vendors. But I'm not the kind of person to sit there and let things run the same way.

"I have to do an even better job."

IMHO, the father, Mr Roland Tay still does a better job than her.

My brother insist on cremating my mother's amputated arm and keep the remains. So I enquired with them if they do such stuff through their website contact. Within one hour, a lady called me, she introduced that she is Jenny. As the hospital has yet to release the arm, I asked for a quotation. She said she will get her staff to send me a quotation. I waited for three days and no quotation or call back was received.

So I called their hotline. Roland picked up the phone. I did not tell him of my previous enquiry. I explained what is needed and he immediately gave me a quotation on the phone and said he will check which crematorial is available. After work, I pop by his place but it was deserted, no one inside. I called him and he apologised that no one is at the office and said that there were no slots for the day. He will try again the next day.

At night, 9+pm, he called me to explain to me the procedure of collection of the amputated arm. Also he said he will provide "beautiful beautiful" full service to me. No need me to handle the amputated arm, I just sign the release form and his man will handle the rest. He told me to call him back at 10am the next day to check for slots at the crematorial.

I liked the way Roland handles things, got same day call back, assurance and explanation of procedure. He did not even asked for my name and say will do things for me!!! Its all about trust I guess.

Jenny got a long way to learn how to handle such things from her father.

• Praise 1

My brother insist on cremating my mother's amputated arm and keep the remains. So I enquired with them if they do such stuff through their website contact. Within one hour, a lady called me, she introduced that she is Jenny. As the hospital has yet to release the arm, I asked for a quotation. She said she will get her staff to send me a quotation. I waited for three days and no quotation or call back was received.

So I called their hotline. Roland picked up the phone. I did not tell him of my previous enquiry. I explained what is needed and he immediately gave me a quotation on the phone and said he will check which crematorial is available. After work, I pop by his place but it was deserted, no one inside. I called him and he apologised that no one is at the office and said that there were no slots for the day. He will try again the next day.

At night, 9+pm, he called me to explain to me the procedure of collection of the amputated arm. Also he said he will provide "beautiful beautiful" full service to me. No need me to handle the amputated arm, I just sign the release form and his man will handle the rest. He told me to call him back at 10am the next day to check for slots at the crematorial.

I liked the way Roland handles things, got same day call back, assurance and explanation of procedure. He did not even asked for my name and say will do things for me!!! Its all about trust I guess.

Concur but I reserve my comments as I had a bad experience recently on the arrangements for my moms funeral and left me with a bad taste

Will leave it as that

• Praise 1

Out of the blue, received a call from a lady called Jane. She clarified that she was the one who liaised with me earlier and not Jenny. Oops, looks like I blamed the wrong person. Sorry to Jenny. She apologised for the non-communication on her part as she was away.

Anyway, glad to hear that Roland will be handling my case.

Concur but I reserve my comments as I had a bad experience recently on the arrangements for my moms funeral and left me with a bad taste

Will leave it as that

Very sorry to hear passing of ur love one.

Amen

• Praise 2

Very sorry to hear passing of ur love one.

Amen

many thanks bro.  She is in a happier place now.  [angel]

Peace [;)]

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
My godfather pass away 2 months ago we use nirvana funeral services package cause my godfather love the niches and tablet there . We buy pre plan that means we buy this before hand so we don't have to take out so much during the wake we buy at 13k installment plan and we make it end early . Using one stop service at nirvana my agent is a friendly and nice lady who will answer all the question when i need help . Even till now the one week one time pray she also will call and remind me really very thankful to all her cause we really don't know how to make . As i know 3 day is 13k 5 day is 18k or 20k.

Recommend her to you guys she is rena 96811159 .

2nd Gear

wah not only car related services that needs ad, now even.......

Because of competition evergreen businesses also need advertisement one.
  • Praise 1

But this type of biz, the margin must be really si bey good.

Anyone wanna guess the monks who were from the package during my late grandma's wake, what cars they drove?

Hypersonic

No fancy stuff, but I pay around $5k for my mom's funeral and 3 day wake.

Honestly I never knew it can be so cheap? I never knew got so basic one. The cheapest ones I read about online on an edmw thread are like also 5 digit.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

wah not only car related services that needs ad, now even.......

It does involve a last ride.

• Praise 1

Honestly I never knew it can be so cheap? I never knew got so basic one. The cheapest ones I read about online on an edmw thread are like also 5 digit.

why does it has to b so expensive? something is wrong.... monks driving Mercedes to Song Kar...

sorry atheist here

↡ Advertisement